Coaching Rumors

Itā€™s a long time until August. Whatā€™s the point about being a fan if youā€™re not going to be fanatical? I just want to know more about who weā€™re targeting and what makes him appealing. I definitely am a far cry from the be all, end all of football coaches. I think thereā€™s been some good responses that make Healy sound like a better candidate than at first blush.

1 Like

Healy would sound better to me if we didnā€™t win any games this year or only one.

Iā€™ll float Shame Beamer. Not sure heā€™s mentioned in this thread.

Maybe heā€™s looking for his first shot. Would be a splash imo.

There is concern here, heā€™s never been an OC/DC.

2 Likes

his splash? or a splash into our pool?

I for one plan on continuing to spend an unhealthy amount of time on here until we hire someone lol. The longer this goes on, the worse I feel about the end result.

2 Likes

Bobby Lutz ??? :open_mouth:

Only if itā€™s mustached Bobby.

Trying to keep complete faith and trust in Mike Hill to be patient and get us the caliber coach we need

Me too, but now Iā€™m thinking many of us are going to be very disappointed and pessimistic with the final choice.

We are 49er fans - half of us would be pissed if it isnā€™t Saban, anyway. Even if the person isnā€™t a ā€œnameā€ to me, Iā€™m still trusting Mike Hill to identify a candidate that he thinks will be successful. This isnā€™t Judy Rose - this is a person with some fire, that constantly wants to win. Iā€™m going to trust his rubric.

1 Like

This hire will be better than the old coach.

Most likely, but will that be good enough? There are some expectations that must be met, like having a reason to expand our stadium to a C-USA standard (bare minimum).

Hillā€™s future will depend upon this hire. I am sure that he wants to get it right.

How many seats in a CUSA standard stadium?

Just spit-balling and throwing out outliers like Sun Bowl, Rice Stadium, and Memorial, Iā€™d say 25k is minimum where 35k would be too much.

1 Like

Pretty close. Median is right at 30,000. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Conference_USA_football_season (scroll scroll scroll)

clt is hearing MIke Houston is pushing to host the oscars.

Freeze to Liberty

Just win baby!

1 Like