Coldest Nov in 32 yrs

[IMG]http://www.laracroftrevolution.com/tr_serie/tr8/immagini_varie/croftmansion.jpg[/IMG]
:drink::blahsign:

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;366969]At least he puts him money where his mouth is, the Zepplin has zero carbon emmisions…[/QUOTE]

clt wishes, the damn zep runs on positive 49er stories in the observationer…the zep hasn’t been out much

Damn full of sh*t Al Gore can kiss my frozen a55!

[QUOTE=Normmm;366860]Wasn’t it a climate change that killed off the dinosaurs, however million years before humans?[/QUOTE]climate change killed off one period of dinos. global warming killed off another period of dinos. and global freezing killed off another. makes no sense does it.

climate change killed off one period of dinos. global warming killed off another period of dinos. and global freezing killed off another. makes no sense does it.

Doesn’t the Earth get ever closer to the sun every day, thus reasoning that the planet may be getting warmer?

[QUOTE=Normmm;367011]Doesn’t the Earth get ever closer to the sun every day, thus reasoning that the planet may be getting warmer?[/QUOTE]unless the sun has started cooling down. or unless a meteor strikes the earth and creates a cloud cover of debris to keep the sun’s rays from warmig the atmosphere. that’s one of the ice age theories that did in one period of dinos.

Don’t solar flares & sun spots cause temp. changes on Earth that man can’t possibly keep up with in terms of scale of size on the environment?

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;367027]Don’t solar flares & sun spots cause temp. changes on Earth that man can’t possibly keep up with in terms of scale of size on the environment?[/QUOTE]

Dude everyone knows that SUV’s cause solar flares you silly little conservative

Perception is always reality to the person experiencing it.

That may be, but it could be a false reality. From where I’m sitting, I perceive the moon to be flat. Doesn’t mean it is.

unless the sun has started cooling down. or unless a meteor strikes the earth and creates a cloud cover of debris to keep the sun's rays from warmig the atmosphere. that's one of the ice age theories that did in one period of dinos.

So maybe smog is actually keeping the planet cooler.

Doesn't the Earth get ever closer to the sun every day, thus reasoning that the planet may be getting warmer?
I believe you are correct, we are getting closer to the sun by an [U]extremely[/U] small amount over time. But our proximity to the sun is not directly what gives us our heat. It is the sun's light and the atmosphere keeping the rays in. It's cold as balls in space even just outside our atmosphere because the sun's rays out there just pass on and continue outward into the farther reaches of our solar system instead of staying around to warm that area.
It's cold as balls in space even just outside our atmosphere because the sun's rays out there just pass on and continue outward into the farther reaches of our solar system instead of staying around to warm that area.

actually that is not correct from what I hear on NASA’s channel on directv. It is cold as balls if you are in the shad in space, but the second the astronaut space walking is in the sun’s light, the temp swings like 400 degrees. No???

Technically we are not getting closer to the sun, it is getting closer to us. The sun expands as it dies. Stars get bigger and less hot as they increase in size and become known as red giants. I think once the sun gets to that stage, it will reach past earth and maybe even mars according to scientists. We’re probably a lot more likely to be hit by an asteroid or something and wiped out before that happens though.

actually that is not correct from what I hear on NASA's channel on directv. It is cold as balls if you are in the shad in space, but the second the astronaut space walking is in the sun's light, the temp swings like 400 degrees.
I don't know about that, but I'm sure it is colder on the dark side of an object than it is on the light side.

But my point still holds true. At a point above our atmosphere or out in open space it will be very cold because the light rays don’t get collected. I wasn’t actually talking about another planet or moon.

No???
Are you making fun of our favorite piece of silverware?

Technically we are not getting closer to the sun, it is getting closer to us. The sun expands as it dies. Stars get bigger and less hot as they increase in size and become known as red giants. I think once the sun gets to that stage, it will reach past earth and maybe even mars according to scientists. We're probably a lot more likely to be hit by an asteroid or something and wiped out before that happens though.
You are correct. Our distance to the sun's center may increase slightly if it continues to suck up any space debris but for the most part our proximity to any part of the sun would increase because of the sun's expansion. The sun will expand around Earth one day but that is billions of years off. By then if we are still here I bet we will have developed technology allowing us to escape our solar system.

[QUOTE=49or bust;367106] It’s cold as balls in space[/QUOTE]

I don’t know about you guys, but my balls are pretty warm

I don't know about that, but I'm sure it is colder on the dark side of an object than it is on the light side.

But my point still holds true. At a point above our atmosphere or out in open space it will be very cold because the light rays don’t get collected. I wasn’t actually talking about another planet or moon.Are you making fun of our favorite piece of silverware?

I was close at 400…the difference between light vs shade on the ISS is a swing of 500 F.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast21mar_1.htm

I was close at 400...the difference between light vs shade on the ISS is a swing of 500 F.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast21mar_1.htm

Ah, very interesting. Didn’t realize it was like that. No wonder those spacesuits are so thick.

So my example was wrong, but I can assure whoever it was that our planet’s heat is not directly a matter of how close we are to the sun but how much light we get and trap.

Technically we are not getting closer to the sun, it is getting closer to us. The sun expands as it dies. Stars get bigger and less hot as they increase in size and become known as red giants. I think once the sun gets to that stage, it will reach past earth and maybe even mars according to scientists. We're probably a lot more likely to be hit by an asteroid or something and wiped out before that happens though.
we must get out our checkbooks to stop this insanity, for the children
I believe you are correct, we are getting closer to the sun by an [U]extremely[/U] small amount over time. But our proximity to the sun is not directly what gives us our heat.

Then why do scientists consider Mars the next great frontier and not Venus?