Coleman committs to Charlotte!

Just a few hours ago Heat Academy guard Rashad Coleman gave the Niners their second commitment for the 2008 class. Guard Shamarr Bowden was the first.

“He just called them today and gave them a verbal,” Heat Academy coach Jason Niblett said. “It was the love that he was shown there that won him over.”

NinerReport.com will have more on this later…

Heat Academy guard Rashad Coleman gave the Niners their second commitment for the 2008 class. Guard Shamarr Bowden was the first.

“He just called them today and gave them a verbal,” Heat Academy coach Jason Niblett said. “It was the love that he was shown there that won him over.”

NinerReport.com will have more on this later…

SWEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!

So now we have a big time scorer that we need. Prolly the last newcomer for next season, with Spears not being eligible until the following season. Looks like our roster is complete for next season.

Sweet! Thanks for the update and welcome Coleman!

Nice… That is sweet news, thanks for the scoop Jason.

verbal is good,
signed is better,
seeing him in a charlotte jersey come october/november is the best.

i think coleman plans on staying, and i hope he gets some serious PT here cause he’s been nothing short of prolific at HEAT

Sweet…

if you google him, the NN thread is the first to come up :o

Great. Hopefully he can give us some perimeter scoring punch. He at the very least has good size.

Cant wait to see him play.

Official story: http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=794196

His coach Jason Niblett thinks his impact will be huge. I know a guy who’s covered the team three times and he thinks the same thing.

Coleman plans to sign on April 16.

[QUOTE=Jordan_NinerReport;312461]Just a few hours ago Heat Academy guard Rashad Coleman gave the Niners their second commitment for the 2008 class. Guard Shamarr Bowden was the first.

NinerReport.com will have more on this later…[/QUOTE]

Guess I kinda have an attitude problem…I expected this to say " Coleman gave the Eighters their second commitment…"

ahhh, wait that was other news source in town.

never mind, carry on.

Good sign to hear this, but I’ll show a lot more interest once he signs on paper. Then I’ll start to figure out how he can help.

The coaches pull off another nice Spring pickup - a time when talent is very tough to find. Pretty cool that we won out over offers from Ga. Tech & OK St. to get him.

Good balance for next year at all positions:

-1- Harris
1/2 Gerrity
2/1 Bowden
-2- Andersen
2/3 Coleman
3/2 Barnett
-3- Dewhurst
3/4 Wilderness
4/3 Mack
-4- _______
4/5 Coley
5/4 Ngoundjo
-5- Jones

Now we just need a power forward.

[QUOTE=survivor45;312475]The coaches pull off another nice Spring pickup - a time when talent is very tough to find. Pretty cool that we won out over offers from Ga. Tech & OK St. to get him.

Good balance for next year at all positions:

-1- Harris
[B]1 Gerrity[/B]
2/1 Bowden
-2- Andersen
2/3 Coleman
3/2 Barnett
-3- Dewhurst
3/4 Wilderness
[B]4 Mack[/B]
4/5 Coley
5/4 Ngoundjo
-5- Jones

Now we just need a power forward.[/QUOTE]

gerrity never played the two spot and mack was strickly the 4 spot when he was in. because either charles or anjuan were in at the time. Pretty sure coleman/bowden/andersen will be splitting time at the 2 spot.

barnett also at the two.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;312480]barnett also at the two.[/QUOTE]

i think barnett will be that player that pretty much has to do everything. he’s big enough to play 2/3/4.

great news. i haven’t read as many reviews as some of you. but all the reviews i’ve seen are good. any idea who’s the leading contendor for the starting sg next year?

Awesome news!

http://www.charlotte.com/niners/story/568185.html

Caught up with Coleman while he was watching the Memphis-UCLA game. (He told us Memphis was taking it all). Coleman chatted with us about his reputation for putting up points, where the coaches see him fitting in next season and the basic message he’d give Niner fans given the opportunity to speak in front of a sold out Halton Arena crowd (Random question. Good answer).

http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=794285

Great news!!

It’s so good to have Moxley back!!!

great news. Sounds like a terrific talent.

Coal-man making diamonds at Halton!!!

will he be able to play in the fall or what is the deal?