Coleman committs to Charlotte!

Some of our best players of the past twenty years played somewhere else first. Sean Colson, Galen Young, Kelvin Price, Cam Stephens. These guys were also some of the [B]funnest[/B] to watch. Colson is one of my favorite college pgs that I've seen. Kissing that ball high off the backboard, breaking down Ds with dribble penetration. Anyway, I'm no snob. I don't care where they come from as long as they can play.

:blink:

nothing wrong with funnest. I encourage the use of more double negatives as well.

I’m going to withold any excitement until this guy plays a couple of games. This board has a history to hyping duds. Hopefully this guy is as good as some seem to think.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;312776]Um, Lefty’s quote is from the original recruitment. That was when he was coming out of Blair. With two years of D1 under his belt I think it would be more appropriate to post who is looking at him now instead of back then. Obviously if he is already released from his scollie at BC they aren’t recruiting him.[/QUOTE]

His new list is Charlotte. He’s leaving BC to come back home to be near his family. He’ll be a Niner unless something blows-up with the transfer.

We were talking about gauging talent based on schools who offered. Coming out of high school, he had offers from Virginia Tech, St. John’s, Villanova, Clemson and Georgia Tech. He averaged 9 and 6 in the ACC as a sophomore. He is legit.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;312886]His new list is Charlotte. He’s leaving BC to come back home to be near his family. He’ll be a Niner unless something blows-up with the transfer.

We were talking about gauging talent based on schools who offered. Coming out of high school, he had offers from Virginia Tech, St. John’s, Villanova, Clemson and Georgia Tech. He averaged 9 and 6 in the ACC as a sophomore. He is legit.[/QUOTE]

That’s fair enough. Let’s hope he gets here. If he’s that good and he’s only 6’6"…he must have some skills.

[QUOTE=plannerniner;312894]That’s fair enough. Let’s hope he gets here. If he’s that good and he’s only 6’6"…he must have some skills.[/QUOTE]

you don’t have to have height in the A10 to make a nice contribution. A 6’6 post man with a wide body with post skills can really do some damage in the A10.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;312918]A 6’6 post man with a wide body with post skills can really do some damage in the A10.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Let’s just hope he doesn’t decide to start taking three’s instead of posting up.

I'm going to withold any excitement until this guy plays a couple of games. This board has a history to hyping duds. Hopefully this guy is as good as some seem to think.
nothing will ever trump Midnight Madness 2006 :lmao:

[QUOTE=metro;313255]nothing will ever trump Midnight Madness 2006 :lmao:[/QUOTE]

HAHA, if I get some time in the near future I will dredge that one up from where ever it is. Half the board (me included) was drinking the green kool-aid that night. It was out of control.

His new list is Charlotte. He's leaving BC to come back home to be near his family. He'll be a Niner unless something blows-up with the transfer.

We were talking about gauging talent based on schools who offered. Coming out of high school, he had offers from Virginia Tech, St. John’s, Villanova, Clemson and Georgia Tech. He averaged 9 and 6 in the ACC as a sophomore. He is legit.

thats what I said but WH has evaluated him and said he could only be a 8 and 6 guy in the A10 :ponder:

Putting up 9 points and 6 boards during the ACC this year isnt’ that really big of an accomplishment. ACC was really down this year.

Putting up 9 points and 6 boards during the ACC this year isnt' that really big of an accomplishment. ACC was really down this year.

Blasphemy!!! The ACC is NEVER down! It is the single greatest conference in the history of the world!

:wink:

Putting up 9 points and 6 boards during the ACC this year isnt' that really big of an accomplishment. ACC was really down this year.
Don't you watch TV and read the Observer?

Using the words “ACC” and “down” in the same sentences is a punishable offense. How dare you!! Shame on you traitor!!!111one!!!

Oh my bad, I forgot you were all biased ACC supporters. My bad guys!

i still think we’d be better off saving the scholarship. he cant help us next year and will only have two years of eligibility remaining. with all of the good players that we are recruiting for 09’ i.e. johnson, harris, chadwick, jackson, etc we would be better off going after one of those guys.

i still think we'd be better off saving the scholarship. he cant help us next year and will only have two years of eligibility remaining. with all of the good players that we are recruiting for 09' i.e. johnson, harris, chadwick, jackson, etc we would be better off going after one of those guys.

Uhh, you do know Coleman signing for '08 has no bearing on who we can sign for '09, right? They will only overlap for 1 year (2009).

nothing will ever trump Midnight Madness 2006 :lmao:
Do tell...

[QUOTE=metro;313255]nothing will ever trump Midnight Madness 2006 :lmao:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cibik02;313545]Do tell…[/QUOTE]

Found it! If you are new here it is entertaining. If you are not new here, it is a sad reminder of a disappointing season. And if you have never been to Midnight Madness before, you must read before you go to your first one. It will hopefully stave off a repeat.

[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14331][B][U][COLOR=DarkGreen]Link[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

:sad: I want top edit my post there, but it needs to stay as a learning experience for others.

hilarious!!! i think there might be a lesson in there somewhere.