College athletes and compensation - NIL, Alston v NCAA, etc 💰

I think something has to be done to stabilize rosters as well. This basic every year free agency is crazy. Maybe something like if you take the media pool money you get locked in for 2 years at the school or something.

3 Likes

Amazes me how these coaches, who at one point were probably at the G5 level, now want to do this when they know it’s not feasible for anyone not living on a P5 television contract. If they do revenue sharing I hope all of the players at the G5 level get together & sue ESPN & other networks involved for equal pay since they will ultimately be financing the payroll for the P5 to do this. The networks have pretty much chosen who are the haves & have nots with their conference building & destroying behind the scenes so I hope they are eventually held accountable.

Revenue sharing would have to be across the entirety of FBS or it won’t work and there will be lawsuits.

Arkansas has also enacted similar legislation and these two won’t be the last:

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2023 College Football :football:

Legislatively protected cheating.

Damn the Texas legislature really has its priorities straight!!

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Niner supporters launch NIL collective

1 Like

Baton Rouge Gold GIF by LSU Tigers

1 Like

We’re the Niners in the 2014 NCAA Football video game? I’m not into video games but would be interested in seeing what our team looks like in the 2024 game.

This is interesting. Didn’t realize the ties where so close.

This is so NOT what NIL is supposed to be.

“ Back in February, Texas A&M announced the 12th Man Foundation had created the 12th Man+ Fund to provide NIL opportunities. The entity appears to be acting on behalf of the institution, which is against the NCAA’s policy. Texas A&M is believed to be the first school whose official athletic booster organization is directly fundraising for NIL opportunities.”