Commit Alert: 2017 QB Nick Tronti

How long do you think he gets to play college football?

How long do you think he gets to play college football?[/quote]

He means in the stands, coming over from Indy where he is the Colts QB after leading the Niners to a Cotton Bowl win in 2020, and the National Championship in 2021.

Arizona shouldn’t be a threat. They already have Rich Rodriguez’s 3 star son committed in this class. He’d sit behind Rich Rods son for 4 years.

Indiana however seems like his most likely landing spot. They’re not as awful as they have been in the past with a couple of bowl trips recently. He’d definitely have a chance to start there.

How long do you think he gets to play college football?[/quote]haha, that’s what I was thinking. Maybe Nugget lives in the future.

Hey everyone, new to the board here.

I feel like there is still a shot for this kid. Per a report from Twitter, looks to be still committed after his most recent offer:

Last I checked though, Indiana has 6 QB’s on their current roster and half we’re freshman this past year. I’m not sure how much playing time he would get there. I think he would have to compete hard there to get a starting spot, and the kid is a starter for sure.

[quote=“ProudNiner13, post:105, topic:30392”]Hey everyone, new to the board here.

I feel like there is still a shot for this kid. Per a report from Twitter, looks to be still committed after his most recent offer:

https://twitter.com/DrewASJax/status/821826024413470720

Last I checked though, Indiana has 6 QB’s on their current roster and half we’re freshman this past year. I’m not sure how much playing time he would get there. I think he would have to compete hard there to get a starting spot, and the kid is a starter for sure.[/quote]

Welcome to the board! Thanks for sharing!

How long do you think he gets to play college football?[/quote]haha, that’s what I was thinking. Maybe Nugget lives in the future.[/quote]

2018 - Redshirt
2019 - RS Freshman
2020 - RS Sophomore
2021 - RS Junior
2022 - RS Senior

I guess 2023 is not going to happen, but playing in a Charlotte-Indiana game is certainly possible.

How long do you think he gets to play college football?[/quote]haha, that’s what I was thinking. Maybe Nugget lives in the future.[/quote]

2017 - Redshirt
2018 - RS Freshman
2019 - RS Sophomore
2020 - RS Junior
2021 - RS Senior

I guess 2023 is not going to happen, but playing in a Charlotte-Indiana game is certainly possible.[/quote]
Fixed. Unless he gets an additional medical redshirt, he won’t play in this series.

2017 - Redshirt
2018 - RS Freshman
2019 - RS Sophomore
2020 - RS Junior
2021 - RS Senior

I guess 2023 is not going to happen, but playing in a Charlotte-Indiana game is certainly possible.[/quote]
Fixed. Unless he gets an additional medical redshirt, he won’t play in this series.[/quote]
Hmmm. In my head these kids would report to school “next year”, but I suppose it will actually be in August, or maybe this summer. Okay, Tronti can sit next to me as an Alum.

clt says he will wear 49er black.

He received an offer from UCONN today according to his QB coach on Twitter.

UConn offered him today.

clt says we are doomed. They have an elite wbb program.

Love your helmet avatar. How did you make that? I wouldn’t mind that actually being on of our helmet choices.

clt says we are doomed. They have an elite wbb program.[/quote] Well, with the amount of money they take from their football program and give to WBB, no wonder they are elite. They do have a nice football stadium, though.

Love your helmet avatar. How did you make that? I wouldn’t mind that actually being on of our helmet choices.[/quote]

Thanks! I actually just got it offline. I believe it was a high school student that actually designed it. It is a pretty cool design for an alternate helmet.

I heard Mike & Mike talking about UConn recruiting the other morning. I wonder if they offered Tronti this guys scholly that they pulled?

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/5407955889897650370/could-a-garden-state-backlash-hit-uconn-after-it-pulled-scholarship-from-nj-recruit/#comments

I heard Mike & Mike talking about UConn recruiting the other morning. I wonder if they offered Tronti this guys scholly that they pulled?

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/5407955889897650370/could-a-garden-state-backlash-hit-uconn-after-it-pulled-scholarship-from-nj-recruit/#comments[/quote]

I hope Tronti doesn’t even cosider them after reading those articles. I feel bad for that kid in Jersey.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jerrybarca/2017/01/17/uconns-randy-edsall-pulls-scholarship-teens-dream-becomes-collateral-damage/#322eb6f1b380

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/5407955889897650370/could-a-garden-state-backlash-hit-uconn-after-it-pulled-scholarship-from-nj-recruit/#comments[/quote]

Wow. I heard the discussion the other day too. But didn’t think about connecting the dots.

If he still comes here, I hope he is everything we and everyone else expects him to be.