Commit Alert: 2017 QB Nick Tronti

My wife who will be a real 49er (masters of ed) in August just clapped for you and said that you’re awesome. I agree with you completely. The kid proved that he could be swayed and I don’t want that kind of mentality at our program. Give me Robert Washington any day over that garbage!

Amazing how you were able to share your moral high ground in this post early on. It set the tone for the reader, then BAM! plot twist!

Wow, he’s a high school kid. Maybe he just changed his mind. I’m sure nobody here ever has.

Robert Washington is a weird example to bring up since I believe he had verbally ‘committed’ to two schools before us.

Would you feel the same if a 5 star kid flipped and came here?

I get that people hate this, but in college football this is how it works. The word commit is really the wrong term to use.

I get that people hate this, but in college football this is how it works. The word commit is really the wrong term to use.[/quote]

“Mutual placeholder but we are gonna cheat on each other til the ink is dry agreement” doesn’t have the same ring to it though

I get that people hate this, but in college football this is how it works. The word commit is really the wrong term to use.[/quote]

I agree. I don’t like the recruiting game to begin with, but I have figured out that adults, probably coaches, designed this. It really isn’t the kids who are at fault here, they are just playing by the rules given to them.

This is why I have no problem with Kiffen or UConn this week.

Really can’t wish anything bad for the kid, but he is going to freeze his Florida balls off in Indiana. :))

I hate to lose him and he seemed to have potential, I just dont understand how everyone was so certain about him.

Do we have any other QBs on the radar?

Disappointed to say the least but we still brought in our best recruiting class yet. Still have more coming in apparently…

https://twitter.com/Nasty_Nate4/status/824093693716078595

This just appeared on my news feed. Pretty sure this kid was previously an ECU commit for those who are bitter about the Tronti flip.

The moral superiority by some over this kid changing his mind is ridiculous, especially those with profanity laced responses. Hard to believe some have that narrow of a perspective, or worse, can be made that upset by it.

I wish my life provided the room to be that upset over losing a recruit!

I would have liked to see Tronti in a Niner jersey, but I am happy with where we are with this class. Think about where we are from where we were. We have a “Mr. Florida” recruit that changes his mind last minute, and IMMEDIATELY after he decommits, some kid decommits from ECU to come to us. He was waiting to see if Tronti would leave. It’s clear to me that some kids actually have us as number 1 over schools like ECU, and they commit to ECU because they don’t think they can beat out what we have committed to us. That’s a good sign. Who knows? Maybe “The Mic” (yes, I’ve already made up a nickname) will end up better than Tronti. He’ll definitely have more opportunity to play. I, for one, have been watching the college football scene long enough to know that there is no kid that is a 100% star out of high school. The guy we are paying attention to the least could end up being our best player. Did anybody honestly think Klugh would win the job over Olsen? Shit, maybe Joe Thompson will step up and be the man. Don’t get mad at the kid for choosing another school. We don’t get mad when kids choose us over them. Good luck to Tronti at Indiana. If he’s not strong enough to be a NINER, I don’t want him here anyway. We NINERS are a strong breed. When shit hits the fan, we step to the side of the fan. Other fans just let the shit hit them in the face because they don’t know what it’s like to struggle. Trust me, we NINERS know struggle. Tronti probably would’ve transferred out at the first sign of adversity. The kids who commit to us will be the kids that I support. If all of the commits leave us for other schools, I will still get to the game early, tailgate with delicious food and rolling rock beer (because it’s green), and go sit in my seats 9 and 10 in section 110. I’ve been here since way before we started the push in 2006. I am a NINER for life, and so are most of you. The kids that commit to us and stay with us are true NINERS. Those are the kids that I want to watch play the game we all love to watch. GO NINERS!!

clt says time to close this chat page.

[quote=“dmastinsc, post:152, topic:30392”]The moral superiority by some over this kid changing his mind is ridiculous, especially those with profanity laced responses. Hard to believe some have that narrow of a perspective, or worse, can be made that upset by it.

I wish my life provided the room to be that upset over losing a recruit![/quote]
I don’t follow football recruiting and barely follow the football team. However, if you continue to say you want to come here then bounce…well screw you. I didn’t lose any sleep over it.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:155, topic:30392”][quote=“dmastinsc, post:152, topic:30392”]The moral superiority by some over this kid changing his mind is ridiculous, especially those with profanity laced responses. Hard to believe some have that narrow of a perspective, or worse, can be made that upset by it.

I wish my life provided the room to be that upset over losing a recruit![/quote]
I don’t follow football recruiting and barely follow the football team. However, if you continue to say you want to come here then bounce…well screw you. I didn’t lose any sleep over it.[/quote]

Klugh got some good sleep as well.

[quote=“dmastinsc, post:152, topic:30392”]The moral superiority by some over this kid changing his mind is ridiculous, especially those with profanity laced responses. Hard to believe some have that narrow of a perspective, or worse, can be made that upset by it.

You took the time to post…

When I first saw the news last night I was little upset but this morning I just feel sorry for the kid. He is going from the beaches of Florida to middle of nowhere Indiana, Indiana’s best years are average at best and they still get blasted by the blue bloods, and skipped out on a official visit to Hawaii.

He could of came here and helped create something new/special but if a 130 years of football with 3 bowl wins impresses you, treat yo self.

Yes. I believe in being honest and having ethical principles. Obviously some here don’t, and so be it. The term “commitment” seems to have an alternative meaning in the recruiting world. That’s a shame. So I agree, “commit” is the wrong term to use, but that genie won’t ever go back in the bottle. Like a lot of stuff, I’ll have to adjust to this new context. Too bad.

Just saw where an ecu “commit” has decided to come here. Don’t like that, either.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:158, topic:30392”]When I first saw the news last night I was little upset but this morning I just feel sorry for the kid. He is going from the beaches of Florida to middle of nowhere Indiana, Indiana’s best years are average at best and they still get blasted by the blue bloods, and skipped out on a official visit to Hawaii.

He could of came here and helped create something new/special but if a 130 years of football with 3 bowl wins impresses you, treat yo self.[/quote]

I felt the same way last night and this morning about Tronti. We are better off without him. Klugh is still out guy and will be for at least 2 more years. Roof could be the future. Exciting things are happening for this program and this is still a solid recruiting class.