Conference Realignment (Part 1)

Is it day dreaming though? I mean look at the college sports landscape these days.

2 Likes

To play devil’s advocate, and cover points already discussed again:

The advantage of WSU and OSU going along with this, and I think they’d be the lynchpin, is getting into central and eastern time zones, and a possibility of a little more money than the MWC deal.

Otherwise, they’d probably just call up the MWC to keep the PAC name alive, or just join the MWC. Both of those are much more likely scenarios, but a good salesman / leader might be able to close on this vision, especially if he can get ESPN on board.

I just don’t know if the AAC is strong enough to attract some of the stronger schools from the west. Hope I am wrong as I would love to see it happen!

It’s a best of the rest play. I wouldn’t even pretend otherwise. Kind of like your prom date in the hotel room later that night, they’re either into it or they aren’t. Can’t hurt to ask.

I wouldn’t call it day dreaming because it does look like the pacs days are numbered, but I think the most likely scenario is that osu and wsu simply go to the mwc. It requires the fewest moving pieces and is a logical landing spot for both.

Just keep recycling conference (fill in the blank) is adding schools.

I would think the PAC would just raid from the MWC. The name alone is worth a lot.

Unless so many teams left it triggered some kind of dissolving of the conference.

2 Likes

Yeah I think that’s about they’re only option unless SMU is interested in leaving the AAC

I just got around to reading this, and once again, I am baffled by any take that a Big 12 team would possibly leave for the PAC 12.

Explain it to me like I’m 5. Under what circumstances would it make sense to leave the relative stability of the Big 12, paying enormous exit fees, to join the fragile, USC/UCLA less PAC that has a failing league network and less desirable time slots? Cause I ain’t seeing it.

Now explain how it makes sense when every remaining current PAC 12 program is one phone call away from jumping ship to the B1G?

Are you that hellbent on joining the MWC? Because that’s the likely outcome of leaving the Big 12 for the PAC right now.

1 Like

The early negotiations are realignment related as they are trying to upend the PAC 12.

Y
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Loving this. I root for chaos

1 Like

Go Go Go!!!

If the SEC responded to seek 5, surely they would want

Clemson
FSU
UNCCH
UVA

But whose the 5th?

Miami. But I don’t think they would take 5. That could decrease every schools payout from what it is now.

So does CFP expansion make PAC survival more of less likely? with 6 conf champs maybe it keeps pac in place, if not it basically is a race for 2 spots between MWC, SBC and AAC.

If it folds that’s two guaranteed G5 spots, please take en out Big X/XII