Consoling Job Fickett

Ladies and gentlemen, I need your help. Job Fickett is in trouble. You know Job, leader of the white-out, voice of the football rally. He’s a great guy and a great Niner. He’s someone we can all look up to. And now he needs us.

You see, Job is a die-hard Red Sox fan, and tonight his team faces the team with the best record in baseball, the only MLB team to break the 100-win barrier this season. They will be up against baseball’s best closer, some ridiculously solid pitching, and a feared 1-2 hitting combo that almost reminds one of a certain 1-2 combo the Red Sox used to possess.

Job will doubtlessly spend the next few days in extreme agony and personal anguish, breaking things and sobbing uncontrollably. But YOU can help. Post your “Sorry your team has no chance” condolences to Job here and help one of Niner Nation’s best get through this difficult period. Only you can make a difference for poor Job and all the other hapless Red Sox fans on this board.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;346808]Ladies and gentlemen, I need your help. Job Fickett is in trouble. You know Job, leader of the white-out, voice of the football rally. He’s a great guy and a great Niner. He’s someone we can all look up to. And now he needs us.

You see, Job is a die-hard Red Sox fan, and tonight his team faces the team with the best record in baseball, the only MLB team to break the 100-win barrier this season. They will be up against baseball’s best closer, some ridiculously solid pitching, and a feared 1-2 hitting combo that almost reminds one of a certain 1-2 combo the Red Sox used to possess.

Job will doubtlessly spend the next few days in extreme agony and personal anguish, breaking things and sobbing uncontrollably. But YOU can help. Post your “Sorry your team has no chance” condolences to Job here and help one of Niner Nation’s best get through this difficult period. Only you can make a difference for poor Job and all the other hapless Red Sox fans on this board.[/QUOTE]

Job isn’t the only Red Sox fan here. And after October 1, as we all know, you can throw your 100 win seasons and all that jazz out the window. It doesn’t matter. LET’S GO RED SOX!

Anyone but the Red Sox and Yanks in the American League. Since the Yanks are dead in the water this year, at least there is one team I can still pull against :). BTW, I hope the Rays win the WS, gotta love the small market teams!

It’s ok guys, the Red Sux had a good season. You should be proud of the guys. It’s ok that their season is over, I’m fine with it. Let’s all hope for another curse that lasts at least 100 years this time so these guys don’t have to worry whether they’ll win or lose, they’ll just know they’ll lose. Ya know, these Red Sux really have nerve winning two championships and giving unneeded hope where there really doesn’t have to be. Let’s here for curse #2. We’ll call this one the Curse of the Manny.

[B][COLOR=Red]Go Red Sox!![/COLOR][/B]

[QUOTE=Submarley734;346823]It’s ok guys, the Red Sux had a good season. You should be proud of the guys. It’s ok that their season is over, I’m fine with it. Let’s all hope for another curse that lasts at least 100 years this time so these guys don’t have to worry whether they’ll win or lose, they’ll just know they’ll lose. Ya know, these Red Sux really have nerve winning two championships and giving unneeded hope where there really doesn’t have to be. Let’s here for curse #2. We’ll call this one the Curse of the Manny.[/QUOTE]

If the Dodgers win the World Series than I agree, there could be a second curse.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;346823]It’s ok guys, the Red Sux had a good season. You should be proud of the guys. It’s ok that their season is over, I’m fine with it. Let’s all hope for another curse that lasts at least 100 years this time so these guys don’t have to worry whether they’ll win or lose, they’ll just know they’ll lose. Ya know, these Red Sux really have nerve winning two championships and giving unneeded hope where there really doesn’t have to be. Let’s here for curse #2. We’ll call this one the Curse of the Manny.[/QUOTE]

The only curse you’ll be hearing for the next few years (Other than the GoatMan… that’ll never go away) is the Curse of Johnny Damon. See Yankees, you win… you still get to name it after a guy that went from Boston to New York

[QUOTE=thelew1014;346831]The only curse you’ll be hearing for the next few years (Other than the GoatMan… that’ll never go away) is the Curse of Johnny Damon. See Yankees, you win… you still get to name it after a guy that went from Boston to New York[/QUOTE]

For the Yankees there is no Curse of Johnny Damon or Curse of A-Rod, there is only the Curse of Brian Cashman.

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;346834][/QUOTE]

Photo must have been taken October 26th, 2004. Dumbass.

Durrr yaaayyy Cubs/Red Sox! I pull for them because it’s the cool and trendy thing to do! Everyone else is doing it, I guess I will too! Yayyyy Cubs/Red Sox!! I know little to nothing about baseball, so I just go along with the rest of the sheep and pull for the trendy teams to pull for! durrr yay!

^98% of all Cubs and Red Sox fans

But to get back to the main point of this thread, whether the Halos or Red Sox win matters not… neither of those chumps will get past the Chi-town south siders :shades:

[B][SIZE=4]GO WHITE SOX!!![/SIZE][/B]

My mom is a cubs fan…

You jerk!

GO PIRATES!!!

ooooo…wait :weep:

poor guy.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;346837]Durrr yaaayyy Cubs/Red Sox! I pull for them because it’s the cool and trendy thing to do! Everyone else is doing it, I guess I will too! Yayyyy Cubs/Red Sox!! I know little to nothing about baseball, so I just go along with the rest of the sheep and pull for the trendy teams to pull for! durrr yay!

^98% of all Cubs and Red Sox fans

But to get back to the main point of this thread, whether the Halos or Red Sox win matters not… neither of those chumps will get past the Chi-town south siders :shades:

[B][SIZE=4]GO WHITE SOX!!![/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Been a Red Sox fan since I was 5. Back then, it wasn’t cool to be a Sox fan. Call me Mr. 2 percent.

Wow, please don’t start joke threads with titles this serious. I was really concerned for a second as Job is one of my best good buddies.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;346857]Wow, please don’t start joke threads with titles this serious. I was really concerned for a second as Job is one of my best good buddies.[/QUOTE]

you poor thing.

been a cubs fan my entire life, even when we sucked, so im also in that 2 percent. And EPSN picked the cubs to win on there front page…we lost F***

ha ha, I too thought Job was in trouble or something.

If you really depend on NNN to get information about your personal and relational life, you might need to consider buying a cell phone. The next joke thread will be “Robby: Is he dead? How do I find out?”

Anyway, the point is that the Sox are going down, both White and Red. Go Angels!