Coppin State Post game

[quote=ā€œstonecoldken, post:57, topic:26069ā€]I got a T-shirt. Also, some older gentleman from Event Staff got a T-shirt as well. He was so happy. He said he had never caught a T-shirt before. He was going to give it to his little granddaughter. Then his Supervisor came over, & I could tell by the look on his face, he was told to get rid of the T-shirt. He then gave it to some hot chick.

This is some crap. Iā€™ve seen AD employees having handouts of the foam hands for the Davidson game for their kids at the womenā€™s game 3 days BEFORE the hand out, but a 3rd party contractor canā€™t get a free T-shirt to take to his granddaughter. That is some BS![/quote]

Why didnā€™t you give him yours if you really felt that bad for him?

[quote=ā€œX-49er, post:61, topic:26069ā€][quote=ā€œstonecoldken, post:57, topic:26069ā€]I got a T-shirt. Also, some older gentleman from Event Staff got a T-shirt as well. He was so happy. He said he had never caught a T-shirt before. He was going to give it to his little granddaughter. Then his Supervisor came over, & I could tell by the look on his face, he was told to get rid of the T-shirt. He then gave it to some hot chick.

This is some crap. Iā€™ve seen AD employees having handouts of the foam hands for the Davidson game for their kids at the womenā€™s game 3 days BEFORE the hand out, but a 3rd party contractor canā€™t get a free T-shirt to take to his granddaughter. That is some BS![/quote]

Why didnā€™t you give him yours if you really felt that bad for him?[/quote]

I think SCK is really mad b/c the guy gave his shirt to a hot chick before SCK could.

Because if I gave him mine, heā€™d get in trouble for having one.

[quote=ā€œemf, post:22, topic:26069ā€]http://gmine.blogspot.com/2011/12/observations-from-coppin-state.html

ā€œCharlotteā€™s Jamar Briscoe, who scored 14 points, said the victory eased the pain of the loss his hometown Baltimore Ravens suffered Sunday to the San Diego Chargers.ā€[/quote]

Fortunately, he didnā€™t have any sympathy for other Baltimnore sports teams or fans.

This Luka thing doesnā€™t make sense to me. If there was a reason so drastic that I couldnā€™t focus on the game then I would be going home. Traveling over seas isnā€™t as difficult as you may think. I can book a flight to Europe or Asia and be on the plane tonight. It is not like he is from America trying to get into North Korea. He is going to his home destination and even if he went to his countries embassy for assistance he would be home in less than a week.

Anyway, Good luck to him regardless of his situation. He stuck with the 49ers all last year when he couldnā€™t play so you have to respect him for that. I think we all hope he returns and finishes out his college career as a 9er.

[quote=ā€œDowless, post:65, topic:26069ā€]This Luka thing doesnā€™t make sense to me. If there was a reason so drastic that I couldnā€™t focus on the game then I would be going home. Traveling over seas isnā€™t as difficult as you may think. I can book a flight to Europe or Asia and be on the plane tonight. It is not like he is from America trying to get into North Korea. He is going to his home destination and even if he went to his countries embassy for assistance he would be home in less than a week.

Anyway, Good luck to him regardless of his situation. He stuck with the 49ers all last year when he couldnā€™t play so you have to respect him for that. I think we all hope he returns and finishes out his college career as a 9er.[/quote]
Jags has ALWAYS been a great source of info in the past. If he says it is truly personal issues, I believe him. If youā€™re newer here, you may not know who Jags is, but heā€™s well connected to the program and is a trustworthy source.

If Luka does indeed never return, I wish him the best, but right now, I have no reason to believe he will not.

[quote=ā€œstonecoldken, post:57, topic:26069ā€]I got a T-shirt. Also, some older gentleman from Event Staff got a T-shirt as well. He was so happy. He said he had never caught a T-shirt before. He was going to give it to his little granddaughter. Then his Supervisor came over, & I could tell by the look on his face, he was told to get rid of the T-shirt. He then gave it to some hot chick.

This makes me sad.

Henry is now 8th in the nation in steals per game. He is the #1 freshman in the nation and he is #1 in the nation in steals per 40 minutes played. Iā€™m officially impressed.

[quote=ā€œDowless, post:68, topic:26069ā€]Henry is now 8th in the nation in steals per game. He is the #1 freshman in the nation and he is #1 in the nation in steals per 40 minutes played. Iā€™m officially impressed.[/quote]and heā€™s cut down his turnovers and is shooting 49% from the field and 50% from 3 while averaging 7.6 points per game. Great numbers for a freshman.

Something I think many people are over looking, Luka is still in college. Scholarships donā€™t pay for plane rides back home. He may have to wait for his parents next paycheck to afford a flight. Iā€™m in college, and as much as Iā€™d hate it, If a relative of mine died in Slovenia, Iā€™m in no economic position to fly back ASAP. Prayers going out to Luka, and whatever issue is concerning him.

[quote=ā€œImfromClayton, post:70, topic:26069ā€]Something I think many people are over looking, Luka is still in college. Scholarships donā€™t pay for plane rides back home. He may have to wait for his parents next paycheck to afford a flight. Iā€™m in college, and as much as Iā€™d hate it, If a relative of mine died in Slovenia, Iā€™m in no economic position to fly back ASAP. Prayers going out to Luka, and whatever issue is concerning him.[/quote]Was going to post this same thought.

I looked for one-way tickets to his hometown just to see what it cost. They were about $2000.

[quote=ā€œNiner National, post:71, topic:26069ā€][quote=ā€œImfromClayton, post:70, topic:26069ā€]Something I think many people are over looking, Luka is still in college. Scholarships donā€™t pay for plane rides back home. He may have to wait for his parents next paycheck to afford a flight. Iā€™m in college, and as much as Iā€™d hate it, If a relative of mine died in Slovenia, Iā€™m in no economic position to fly back ASAP. Prayers going out to Luka, and whatever issue is concerning him.[/quote]Was going to post this same thought.

I looked for one-way tickets to his hometown just to see what it cost. They were about $2000.[/quote]

I was thinking this also. He probably already has a ticket home, got unfortunate news but has no way to change the flight, and is not focused enough to play.

I hope everything is okay with Luka. Also, when I see stuff like that, I think, heā€™s not coming back this year period. Maybe ever. But the important part is his family.

I too hope there is not a serious family issue with Luka. But I certainly have heard this sort of spin before in transfer situations.

I think alot of Lukaā€™s personal issues could very well be with his relationship with Major Size King and his role on this team.

Also Luka, Gohkan, and Ilja are very good friends and iā€™m sure their frequent conversations dont ring out endorsements for MAJOR.

Great Win for us last night. Now the next 7 will give a true indication of whether we are pretenders or CONTENDERS.

I feel we have a good chance to go 5 and 2 over that span.

I also feel that if Briscoe and Henry are not on the court together for 28 to 30 min a game we will most likely go 2 and 5.

I too hope there is not a serious family issue with Luka. But I certainly have heard this sort of spin before in transfer situations.

I think alot of Lukaā€™s personal issues could very well be with his relationship with Major Size King and his role on this team.

Also Luka, Gohkan, and Ilja are very good friends and iā€™m sure their frequent conversations dont ring out endorsements for MAJOR.

Great Win for us last night. Now the next 7 will give a true indication of whether we are pretenders or CONTENDERS.

I also feel that if Briscoe and Henry are not on the court together for 28 to 30 min a game we will most likely go 2 and 5.[/quote]

give it a rest.

I also feel that if Briscoe and Henry are not on the court together for 28 to 30 min a game we will most likely go 2 and 5.[/quote]

give it a rest.[/quote]

Rest is what Losers do ā€¦ Winners keep pushin !!!

Okay, but if Luka is really having a rough situation in his family life why use that as a platform to rail against a coach who is currently 7-2?

Deuce is playing the majority of the minutes at off guard. Heā€™s not gonna play 30 minutes per game.

sokool, smh.

give it a rest.[/quote]

Rest is what Losers do ā€¦ Winners keep pushin !!![/quote]

Losers also go on message boards to continuously harp on things they have no control over.

Classy using a playerā€™s potential family issue to push your anti-Major agenda.

give it a rest.[/quote]

Rest is what Losers do ā€¦ Winners keep pushin !!![/quote]

Losers also go on message boards to continuously harp on things they have no control over.

Classy using a playerā€™s potential family issue to push your anti-Major agenda.[/quote]

Never said he didnā€™t have a issue. I said that I have heard this spin before.

And I dont need to use Luka as a platform ā€¦ iā€™ve been voicing my views on Major just fine on my own ā€¦ have you not noticed :wink: