Coppin State Post game

Bingo National. And as for why he is still here, remember he doesnā€™t live in Greensboro. Getting home for him is a process.

[quote=ā€œNinerJags, post:36, topic:26069ā€]Luka has legitimate personal issues to deal with. No transferring, etc. Nothing to see here in terms of trying to make it more than has been reported.[/quote]Iā€™ll bet.

A bit ugly but a win none the less. Aint no pictures in the standings.

I hope everything works out for the best. Always tough to have personal problems. Tougher to have them 5000 miles from home. Worst is when they are around the holidays.

sounds like a explanation before the real explanation comes out. and before anyone gets all high and mighty, this is a message board.

If it was serious family issues, why is he still here?

If itā€™s family issues and he is still here for some reason, then why is he sitting on the bench in street clothes, rather than in uniform and playing a sport he loves.

The ā€œGreatsā€ played the game they loved during time of tragedy.[/quote] If your dad died/dies, do you still go about your day the same? I sure didnā€™t, I was a mess. If you lost your mom, still do all the same things you love as if nothing happened? Somehow I doubt that. I donā€™t know what Voncina is going through, but it sounds like itā€™s difficult (until proven otherwise). And you canā€™t always instantly travel overseas.

Some people have played during time of tragedy, and they played like crap. If youā€™re mind isnā€™t into it, why push it and risk making things worse? I donā€™t see the problem of him coming to the game to support the team (just like he would if he was injured) until he could travel home. Itā€™s bizarre to me that people have an issue with that. If he ends up not coming back, what difference does it make that he sat on the bench and didnā€™t play?

Thatā€™s pretty much how I feel about it Ken.

Weā€™re the Charlotte 49ers in the beginning of the season, not the LA Lakers in the NBA championship.

I thought our defense was very good other than the first few minutes.

Offensively, they really packed in the zone and doubled / tripled down on Braswell hard every time he caught the ball, so we had a ton of wide open 3s, just couldnā€™t hit enough early to get them out of the zone. In the second half JB and Deuce both were open beyond the 3 point line, shot faked and then took a dribble for a pull up jump shot, both hit them. More of that in the first half may have been a good idea.

We worked the high post some, but not enough.

Henry is all over the place on defense, if he can make some open jump shots its really an added bonus. Henry played 34 minutes tonight and the few minutes he was off the court, our offense really struggled. This is where Luka is very important to the team, he can run of the offense well enough to give Henry a break, so he can go as hard as possible after the other team on defense.

I think the way Coach Major is utilizing Derrio and Deuce is working well. Of the two, whomever is playing better is going to see the extra time down the stretch.

Hopefully Lukaā€™s personal situation gets worked out and everything is okay, has to be tough for a kid so far from home.

Im with Ken on this also. If the kid wasnā€™t up to play then donā€™t force itā€¦ I hope the best for Luka and his family whatever the situation may beā€¦ Also isnā€™t Jags the one thatā€™s usually spot on with his info? Or am I thinking of a different poster?

Can someone please tell Mayfield that all he has to do is put a little arch in his shot??

His shot is ALWAYS on target but line drives just donā€™t go in. A little bit of arch and his percentages go up at least 25%-30% easily.

Does anyone know why Braz just stood there and didnā€™t jump during the jumpball at the beginning of the game? That was weird.

I hope Lukaā€™s problems are resolved.

I hope Braswell learned to not force it when when a zone defense packs it in all around him. I wonā€™t be surprised if we see some other teams try the same thing.

Good game from KB, KJ, and Deuce.

[quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:50, topic:26069ā€]Can someone please tell Mayfield that all he has to do is put a little arch in his shot??

His shot is ALWAYS on target but line drives just donā€™t go in. A little bit of arch and his percentages go up at least 25%-30% easily.[/quote]

dang, thatā€™s infomercial results right there! ShaZAM!

Bras kicking it back out for a wide open 3 or 2 pointer would stop the defense from collapsing on the interior. Of course, we have to hit those shots for that to work.

Pictures

Looked to me like it was a bad toss that went the other way, and Braz figured he had no shot. But not positive, I was sitting in a corner section.

I got a T-shirt. Also, some older gentleman from Event Staff got a T-shirt as well. He was so happy. He said he had never caught a T-shirt before. He was going to give it to his little granddaughter. Then his Supervisor came over, & I could tell by the look on his face, he was told to get rid of the T-shirt. He then gave it to some hot chick.

This is some crap. Iā€™ve seen AD employees having handouts of the foam hands for the Davidson game for their kids at the womenā€™s game 3 days BEFORE the hand out, but a 3rd party contractor canā€™t get a free T-shirt to take to his granddaughter. That is some BS!

[quote=ā€œstonecoldken, post:57, topic:26069ā€]I got a T-shirt. Also, some older gentleman from Event Staff got a T-shirt as well. He was so happy. He said he had never caught a T-shirt before. He was going to give it to his little granddaughter. Then his Supervisor came over, & I could tell by the look on his face, he was told to get rid of the T-shirt. He then gave it to some hot chick.

This is some crap. Iā€™ve seen AD employees having handouts of the foam hands for the Davidson game for their kids at the womenā€™s game 3 days BEFORE the hand out, but a 3rd party contractor canā€™t get a free T-shirt to take to his granddaughter. That is some BS![/quote]The new t-shirt gatling gun is an awsome looking piece of artillery.

They need to move it back a little instead of peppering the same row in the lower section.

[quote=ā€œstonecoldken, post:57, topic:26069ā€]I got a T-shirt. Also, some older gentleman from Event Staff got a T-shirt as well. He was so happy. He said he had never caught a T-shirt before. He was going to give it to his little granddaughter. Then his Supervisor came over, & I could tell by the look on his face, he was told to get rid of the T-shirt. He then gave it to some hot chick.

This is some crap. Iā€™ve seen AD employees having handouts of the foam hands for the Davidson game for their kids at the womenā€™s game 3 days BEFORE the hand out, but a 3rd party contractor canā€™t get a free T-shirt to take to his granddaughter. That is some BS![/quote]

if heā€™s there on Thursday and you remember him, you would make his day i bet for you to give him one.