Covid and 2020-21 College sports

Seems like every game we play them in any sport - refs always in their pocket. I’m at the point I’d rather not play them in anything honestly.

3 Likes

I know people hate the ref excuses, but 30 years of watching questionable call after questionable call against them leads me to say to hell with it. We are never going to get a fair shake against them.

2 Likes

Council Coordination Committee meeting tomorrow and likely to propose a vote for D-1 Council which would give all transfers (those denied or in limbo) immediate eligibility, source told @Stadium. Still will require full Council vote — which meets on Dec. 16.

— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) December 8, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1336422438620499968

And some counterpoints to DeCourcy, Rothstein, etc:

Former Big O sportswriter Gregg Doyel on Coach K, Nate Oats, etc:

Notre dame is up 20 at kentucky in first half. If ky loses I bet Cal will join coach k in wanting to get the season ended. :rofl:

48-26 at the half. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Davidson against Niners women’s game scheduled tonight is Covid casualty

When I was in college all we had to worry about was STDs. Kids today have so much more to worry about.

Is the Davidson win under protest?

No but I protest the three losses. Vigorously. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Been noticing a non-NCAA member showing up a lot in scores this season. Carver College in Atlanta is playing its 14th game vs a D-I today. Listed as a member of the NCCAA - the National Christian College Athletic Assn - from what I’ve gathered the school has an enrollment of less than 75 students. Seems to be serving as the collegiate equivalent of the Washington Generals to the Harlem Globetrotters! Hmm… :thinking:

Odd that they do EKGs and didn’t pick it up. Sounds as though he may have had the condition prior if there was no noticeable change after contracting COVID.

Thought you might like this Run.

Thanks! Since Carver isn’t an NCAA member, guess there’s no limit on the number of games they can play vs D-I programs.