I disagreed with you, you respond like I’m being obtuse and unreasonable, then get upset and complain that I’m not allowing you to reasonably disagree. And don’t even respond to what I wrote.
Discussing this with you is a waste of time.
I disagreed with you, you respond like I’m being obtuse and unreasonable, then get upset and complain that I’m not allowing you to reasonably disagree. And don’t even respond to what I wrote.
Discussing this with you is a waste of time.
I have 2.
WOW!!!
You are being obtuse and unreasonable…because you IGNORED and continue to ignore my valid reasoning completely by spinning into something I didn’t say or by creating some hypothetical question that has nothing to do with the original discussion.
OK…you know why I didn’t answer your question? It’s irrelevant and impossible to answer and you know it…it’s just your way to deflect from having to admit I have a point.
But to answer your question…
The truth is who knows? I can’t predict the future. Will some report come out in 3mos, 6mos or years from now with additional safety concerns? Will additional reports come out about additional long term Covid concerns? Will additional reports come out confirming the safety of the vaccine and lack of side effects?? How can I answer your bullsh!t question about when I will feel better about an experimental vaccine when I have no clue what may be found and when it may be reported.
Plus…it’s COMPLETELY irrelevant to our original discussion. You couldn’t understand (apparently) why anyone would have concerns giving the vaccine to a child. I ANSWERERD THAT!!! Extrapolating my point to create some hypothetical question about my future feelings does not change how I feel NOW.
This vaccine technology is new NOW…so there are concerns that I have NOW…what and when things may change enough for me to change my mind in the future has nothing to do about how I feel NOW.
You could have simply said “Oh…I can see and understand how new technology could give you pause, I just feel otherwise.” But no…you have to try to make ME seem like the unreasonable person for having concerns about giving an experimental vaccine to my kids to prevent a runny nose.
And yes…I do think YOU are unreasonable for not understanding that and for being willing to throw your kids (if you have any) into an experimental vaccine pool with 100% blind faith and no reservations at all. To me…that’s unfathomable. But again…that’s your right do what you do. I don’t care.
I said in a post above that nobody is mandating a vaccine on emergency use authorization yet you’re still bringing that up. I never said you were being unreasonable, I questioned the logic being used. I explained why I think the likely risks are different in vaccinating versus not vaccinating kids, if the vaccine passes full authorization for kids (and assumed if there a no reports of problems arising, of course that could change things) and asked whether you’d change your mind then. Why not answer that?
You decided to respond like I shouldn’t even question you and try to act like I am being unreasonable to not agree with you, the very thing you’re complaining about my posts doing. You also seem to think that making an argument strenuously makes it stronger.
Have a nice weekend.
Viruses find places to go until there isn’t anywhere else for them to go. Is it possible once the majority of adults are vaccinated that the virus will mutate and become a bigger threat to younger unvaxxinated people?
I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said “thank you” and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
That would be true of any virus. Flu included
The mask thing is just insanity at this point. I really don’t care if people want to keep wearing them, but I think it is weird since the entire point of the mask was to protect others. If you are vaccinated you aren’t spreading it so keeping on a mask has very little to do with science and protecting others and is more about behavior.
Why aren’t the hardcore mask advocates wearing N95 masks? The fashionable cloth mask aren’t nearly as protective. The N95s are widely available now. If you want to be “safe” wear the safest mask available otherwise your pretty little cloth mask is just a virtue signal.
Any mask worn by a fully vaccinated person is theatre
Why aren’t the hardcore mask advocates wearing N95 masks?
Um, objection: assume facts not in evidence.
Seriously? Why conjure up some kind of nonsense strawman argument like that?
FWIW, I have worn N95 / KN95 masks since this thing started. I while back, when the availability kicked up a good bit, I bought a box of 50 FDA approved KN95s for pretty cheap, and we still haven’t used them all.
You can still get them pretty cheap, either in the ear loop or headstrap varieties.
Powecom KN95 Face Mask, Disposable Masks(Non Medical), 10 Pack Amazon.com
WalMart announced today that they aren’t requiring masks. HT and many others will be. I know where I will and won’t be shopping.
My children aren’t vaccinated. I will continue to protect them and my high risk family members no matter how many “theater” accusations are levied.
People making a big deal about donning a mask for 5 minutes to run into a store are ridiculous. God forbid you ever run into a situation where you had to make a real sacrifice.
Insanity or irrational fear. Maybe both.
I have begun wearing a condom in public places to prevent STDs. Not for me of course but for others.
The masks never bothered me when I wore them. I didn’t see them as political. I still don’t fault those that wear them. With that said if I really can’t spread it and The chances of me catching it are near zero, then why am I wearing a mask? Just following the science and the odds.
I went in to a Smoothie King in Huntersville yesterday. As soon as I walked in the door, sir, sir, mask please. Had it in my pocket and put it on. I’m not arguing. I don’t suffer fools.
Some guy argued and left when confronted.
But again, as you say, it makes zero sense. Zero.
Now that all my family members are vaccinated and the cdc has their new suggestions, I am going to be less likely to wear a mask, inside or outside.
However, saying your chance of catching covid is near zero is either ignorant or intentionally dishonest. Everything I’ve seen says the vaccine is effective against severe symptoms but not that it prevents you from being infected or passing the virus along (I’ve seen articles that say you’re less likely to transmit if vaccinated).
I mean I’m likely immune. My wife had it. I was around here 24 hrs a day for 4 days before she got tested but had symptoms. I didn’t get it. Tested three times. In addition I am vaccinated with Pfizer. I’m pretty confident in my near zero chance.
As for passing it on, from what I’ve read vaccinated individuals are highly unlikely to spread it.