Covid Vaccine Poll

So it’s force 100% of them to take a vaccine with unknown long term consequences or risk getting covid with unknown consequences.

The difference? Kids statistically don’t get Covid.

So why force them to take the vaccine?

https://ijvtpr.com/index.php/IJVTPR/article/view/23

What do you mean by “statistically” don’t get Covid? They certainly do get it, even if at lower rates than adults (see NA’s post above, but there is plenty of other evidence) and can transmit it. They rarely get severe disease. We have little idea how common long term effects of covid will be in kids, but there are indications of some potential effects even in asymptomatic cases. Given these things, what is the logic of fearing some unknown long term effects of the vaccine and dismissing potential long term effects of covid?

Holy crap, this “research” article is bonkers. This is the last paragraph of the article:

Many have raised the warning that the current epidemic of
COVID-19 is actually the result of an bioweapons attack released
in part by individuals in the United States government [10,11].
Such a theory is not far fetched given that the 2001 anthrax attack
in the US originated at Fort Detrick, a US army bioweapon facility.
Because the FBI’s anthrax investigation was closed against the
advice of the lead FBI agent in the case, there are likely conspirators
still working in the US government. In such a scenario the primary
focus of stopping a bioweapons attack must be to apprehend the
conspirators or the attacks will never cease. Approving a vaccine,
utilizing novel RNA technology without extensive testing is
extremely dangerous. The vaccine could be a bioweapon and even
more dangerous than the original infection.

Here’s some commentary from a USA Today article on this crazy paper:

Dr. Angela Rasmussen, a virologist affiliated with Georgetown University, told USA TODAY Classen’s paper held “no scientific weight at all” and that the journal his article is published in, Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, was “not a reputable or reliable journal.” (Microbiology & Infectious Diseases is an open-access journal published by SciVision Publishers, a potential predatory publisher intended for profit rather than academic peer-review.)

Where did you find this? Might want to question whoever led you to this one…

If you don’t understand weighing the risk of getting Covid (very small) versus voluntarily shooting it into system I’m not sure what to say.

If you don’t get the vaccine then you likely want need to worry about long term affects because the likelihood of getting Covid is 5% or less.

If you get the vaccine their is 100% chance you’ll have to worry about long term affects.

So why voluntarily increase the chances by 95%.

2 Likes

Fauci’s secretary sent it to me…

Uhhhh 15% of the population has had covid. Injecting a vaccine in your arm is 100%. I am vaccinated, but I will not make my kids get it. They are low risk, and the risk lessens the more adults get vaccinated. You can’t argue this point and seem reasonable at all.

Sure, except it all depends on what likely very small number you’re multiplying those numbers by. So what seems like an obvious comparison is actually pointless.

Do you think the vaccines are actually secret government bioweapons?

I am at a loss and not sure how to explain it any better than this.

The mRNA technology used to produce these vaccines is experimental in itself. These Covid vaccines are literally the 1st mRNA vaccines ever used in humans…ever. If that isn’t the definition of experimental…I don’t know what is. Not only is it the 1st ever mRNA vaccine but that vaccine hasn’t been fully vetted and has only been granted Emergency Use Authorization at this point.

If that doesn’t scare you sh!tless to put an experimental vaccine using an experimental process for the first time ever in a non-fully vetted Emergency Use capacity…in your child who IF they get the actual disease has a 99.99999% chance of having no more than a stuffy nose and sore throat…

Then I don’t know what else I can tell you. Maybe you’re not a parent.

Look…you can be scared of a disease with a 99.999% survival rate for people under 60…let me be scared of putting the experimental vaccine in a kid.

You do you…let me do me.

Sure, the vaccine is new technology. So were the first vaccines when they were developed. What would satisfy you that they are fully vetted? As I said, no one is mandating vaccination based on the emergency use authorization, but would regular approval change your mind?

I could say the same about hoping you’re not a parent with the fear mongering about vaccines, given what a difference they make for public health. Would that be helpful? Probably not. (Edit: Seems you edited your post after I started replying, this was in response to your original version).

Not sure I see the point of continuing the discussion, if it’s going to involve that kind of argument.

First of all I like how you can turn my cautiousness to this 1 new mRNA technology into somehow that I am fear mongering all vaccines. That’s completely disingenuous…trying to twist what I really said into something completely different just so you can make a point. Wonder where you learned that?

2nd of all, lobotomies were once considered new cutting edge medical technology too…just saying. I wouldn’t have volunteered my kids for that either.

And btw… I literally hope & pray this mRNA technology is everything they think is it. It could be a game changer in treating a lot of illnesses.

I’m just not willing to let my kids be the lab rats for something that protects them ultimately from a glorified cold.

Still don’t understand why that’s so hard to comprehend.

Again…we can agree to disagree and still let each other live their life. You have valid reasons for taking the vaccine…as I have valid reasons to keep it away from my kids.

You may not agree with my reasoning but my reasoning around the experimental nature of this new technology and giving it to extraordinarily low risk children is sound. Respect the fact that I’m allowed to make my decision and my choice for my kids… I respect yours.

2 Likes

Because kids haven’t been primary drivers of this thing and if they do get it have statistically not had any issues. I’m not going to inject into them something that IMO they don’t need, I said if I was in my 20s I’d likely not get the vaccine either. Hell at 48 and healthy weighed the decision a bit before I did. If Covid had a legit death rate for healthy folks society would have responded differently.

sheep eating GIF

So you’re complaining about how I argue after the condescending posts about comprehension and insinuating that I’m a bad parent for making a different decision. And then bring up lobotomies to make your point? But I’ll retract my earlier comment on vaccine fear-mongering, I’m glad to hear you support other childhood vaccinations. Maybe you’re not such a bad parent after all.

I explained why I don’t think your level of caution is logical if you want to base your decision on relative risks. It’s not about understanding what you are saying, it’s what I think are the likely risks of this new vaccine technology versus the risks of kids getting covid and having long term effects (along with kids’ potential to continue spreading it and incubating new variants). Do you change your opinion once one of the traditional vaccines get approved?

Jesus Christ…just stop.

It’s not that hard.

  • Its an experimental technology used for the 1st time ever in a human vaccine

  • Its only authorized as Emergency Use

  • Children are 99.99999 at risk of a runny nose…IF they get the virus

That’s it. Stop twisting everything else and trying to turn this into something else. Those are my points. They are valid. How you don’t see that is beyond me.

This is why people can’t debate this. You completely blow off/ignore a valid concern or twist it into something else completely just because you refuse to admit anything that doesn’t fit your narrative.

Again…read them again…they are all facts. Fighting me on this simply because I have concerns you do not agree with is a microcosm of what’s wrong with this country right now.

Be better than that. Agree that someone can have valid reasons to have a different opinion and that a different opinion is ok… leave it at that.

Damn.

Do what you are told.

1 Like

How many kids do you have under the age of 18?