Curtis Withers Pre-Draft Camp

interesting read, pretty accurate site, has Curt as a 2 star out of 6 which = a career reserve. Iā€™m sure weā€™d all be happy with that including Curt . http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/2006/curtiswithers.htm

I just hope Curt gets a shot I have faith he can make it in the NBA.

Curt's team won the championship today against Vincent Grier's team. He played much better tonight: 7-7 FG, 3-3 FT (WOW), 7 rebounds, and 1 steal.

Good lord thatā€™s quite impressive.

The nightcap contrasted with high-level guard play as Keydren Clark of St. Peterā€™s led all day one scorers with 22 points, 10 of which came from the free-throw line. Clark added 6 assists while teammate Dwayne Mitchell scored 15 points, nearly all of which came via athletic moves to the basket.

Charlotteā€™s Curtis Withers snared 6 offensive rebounds to give a great accounting of his efforts as Portsmouth Sports Club toppled Beach Barton Ford 87-80.

I think Curt will have a good overseas career. He will make good money and be able to play for a while there. I donā€™t see him landing a consistent job in the NBA.

NBA Chicago Pre-Draft Camp will be in early June. Itā€™s primarily for fringe first rounders, second rounders, guys will go undrafted and guys testing the waters. Invite only. I couldnā€™t find any other info on it.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;169764]NBA Chicago Pre-Draft Camp ā€¦ [/QUOTE]

Has moved, starting this year, to Orlando.

Has anyone heard whether or not Curtā€™s being mentioned for getting an invite to Orlando? When will we be able to find out?

Curt said ā€œWonā€™t know dat til late juneā€

but the camp is in early june I thought

thats when they find out.

I have been doing some searching over the past few weeks and checking the updates on several mock drafts, and I have come to the conclusion Curt is not going to be drafted. His chances of getting drafted are very slim. He isnā€™t even listed anymore as being on the bubble. Ultimately he blew his chances to get drafted this season when he refused to step up and carry the team. He only has himself to blame no matter how much he wants to blame the coaches this was his team, and it will ultimately cost him being drafted. I do believe he will be signed and has as good a chance as Eddie to do well in the NBA as a guy who steals minutes in a game while a starter is in foul trouble or catching a breather. But on a better note Deangeloā€™s stock keeps rising he is currently been projected per nbadraft.net to go at 40.

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;172718]He only has himself to blame no matter how much he wants to blame the coaches this was his team, and it will ultimately cost him being drafted.[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something here, when did Curtis blame anyone?

I have been doing some searching over the past few weeks and checking the updates on several mock drafts, and I have come to the conclusion Curt is not going to be drafted. His chances of getting drafted are very slim. He isn't even listed anymore as being on the bubble. Ultimately he blew his chances to get drafted this season when he refused to step up and carry the team. He only has himself to blame no matter how much he wants to blame the coaches this was his team, and it will ultimately cost him being drafted. I do believe he will be signed and has as good a chance as Eddie to do well in the NBA as a guy who steals minutes in a game while a starter is in foul trouble or catching a breather. But on a better note Deangelo's stock keeps rising he is currently been projected per nbadraft.net to go at 40.

First you said Curt wonā€™t get drafted then you said his chances are very slim. I donā€™t think he refused to carry the team, heā€™s just not that kind of player. You saw how he played with the National team and on previous teams when he didnā€™t have to carry the load. He came in as a three star recruit, I wouldnā€™t see why he would blame the coaches for helping him overachieve while he was here. He will be signed by someone and although it might not be the same money as a second round draft pick heā€™ll be presented the same opportunity to make the team. Hopefully he can impress his coaches over the summer and make the team.

But on a better note Deangelo's stock keeps rising he is currently been projected per nbadraft.net to go at 40.

Deā€™Angelo has been around the 45-46 range and moved up 5 spots to Seattle, FWIW.

First you said Curt won't get drafted then you said his chances are very slim.

He still has the Orlando Camp if he gets invited. I stated he wont get drafted (personal opinion), he might get drafted (based on performance and pending invitation to Orlando camp)

Curt signed agent Noah Croom from Aaron Goodwin & Associates.

I have been doing some searching over the past few weeks and checking the updates on several mock drafts, and I have come to the conclusion Curt is not going to be drafted. His chances of getting drafted are very slim. He isn't even listed anymore as being on the bubble. Ultimately he blew his chances to get drafted this season when he refused to step up and carry the team. He only has himself to blame no matter how much he wants to blame the coaches this was his team, and it will ultimately cost him being drafted. I do believe he will be signed and has as good a chance as Eddie to do well in the NBA as a guy who steals minutes in a game while a starter is in foul trouble or catching a breather. But on a better note Deangelo's stock keeps rising he is currently been projected per nbadraft.net to go at 40.

Wow have you ever thought about joining CSI. Those are quite some investigative skills. I love how you jump to conclusions based on assumptions.

To quote the Guiness guys: BRILLIANT!!!.

The latest CHN rankings are out. Curt is listed ranked 87th and not projected to get drafted. Vincent Grier is 115th.

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/mockdraft.htm

Heā€™s rated 2 stars on that site which is pretty good compared to the other guys on the list that didnā€™t make it in the first two rounds.