Cycling BS

The ICU is investigating rider Leonardo Bertagnolli for doping even though he has yet to fail a test? His blood values have changed over the years, so they’re suspicious. Yeah, God forbid your body chemistry changes, or you’re a cheat. If you didn’t fail a test, this is BS.

Lance Armstong has never failed a drug test. Doesn’t mean he never took drugs. Same here with this Bertagnolli fellow I suppose.

Armstrong was a Balco client during his Tour de France winning streak. Their other clients include(d) Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, and the recently suspended outfielder, Marlon Byrd. Armstrong was drug free, though. ::slight_smile:

Bonds never failed a test. Jones, Clemens, Bonds, & Armstron were victims of the DOJ wasting taxpayer $. Even if Lance were guilty, without a positive, you got nothing.

It was discussed on sports radio last week…it was in a report released during the Bonds trial that he did in fact fail 4 tests in 4 years and was facing suspension when everything started going down with the investigation.

AND…Lance isn’t fighting the case because there are DOZENS of first hand witnesses prepared to testify against him during the upcoming case were he to fight it. So, instead of having the public see and hear all of that testimony…he suddenly decides not to fight anymore!!

AND…Clemons wants to make his comeback now so he can play just one game in the Majors again. Why? So his HOF ballot is pushed out 5 more years. He hopes to distance himself from the others (cheaters) in the same era…and is banking on time (5yrs) to lessen the memory and impact of what came out during his trial aws well.

Where there is smoke…there is fire. They all had serious smoke. Every single one of them cheated and there is no doubt and I have no sympathy for any of them. They rolled the dice and won for a while…but they all eventually crapped out.

So is life when you gamble…they all gambled and eventually lost.

Deal with it.

Name a Balco client that did test positive? That was the entire purpose of that company: TO KEEP THEIR CLIENTS FROM TESTING POSITIVE. Victor Contes has said that in many interviews, before and after prison. Marion confessed, Bonds used even though he denies knowingly taking it (what a joke), and Lance was outed by Landis and NUMEROUS other eye witnesses. You can order one of the new cheatstrong.org bracelets though if you want to keep denying what was really going on.

Name a Balco client that did test positive? That was the entire purpose of that company: TO KEEP THEIR CLIENTS FROM TESTING POSITIVE. Victor Contes has said that in many interviews, before and after prison. Marion confessed, Bonds used even though he denies knowingly taking it (what a joke), and Lance was outed by Landis and NUMEROUS other eye witnesses. You can order one of the new cheatstrong.org bracelets though if you want to keep denying what was really going on.[/quote]

I get what you are saying - I just don’t see much of a point at going after guys that aren’t active anymore. He is retired. Just let it go.

What about cancer patients that need a hero so they can believe they’ll survive? If you prove that Lance is a fraud, how many cancer patients will give up? What’s more important, finding the truth or inspiring cancer patients?

He’s not a hero. He CHEATED!!! He IS a fraud. Anyone that believed otherwise once all of the info about Balco surfaced along with the eyewitness info that Floyd Landis and other former teammates provided was simply turning a blind eye towards reality. Heroes don’t cheat. Yes it’s in the past, but Lance made and raised TONS of money by CHEATING. He doesn’t raise 1% of that money if he doesn’t CHEAT.

He raised almost a half a billion dollars for cancer research. He’s a hero in my book. Everything else is just details.

This really just changes the entire climatic speech to Vince Vaughn in Dodgeball.

So X-49er doesn’t want to inspire Cancer patients to overcome. I guess you are as heartless to death as the USDOJ & USADA. :’(

Dude cheated and got busted. There was actually an increase in donations to LiveStrong the day the news broke. If anything eventually happens to LiveStrong it’s all on Lance since he’s the one that created the mess.

So X-49er doesn't want to inspire Cancer patients to overcome. I guess you are as heartless to death as the USDOJ & USADA

Jerry Sandusky raised a lot of money for charity, too. I guess it’s just a matter of where the line is for your moral compass. :-X

I thought Livestrong was a FOR profit association. If that is the case, those donations could be better used in other areas.

Yeah X because doing something to your self vs. doing something to kids is the same thing.

America has spoken. Donations up Friday to Livestrong. How are donations to USADA?

They both broke the law in raising money for their charities. Of course Sandusky’s crimes are much more horrific, but the principal is the same.

These are just the loyal Lance lemmings who believe that he can do no wrong. Sandusky had some followers like that too until the light was finally shown.

From an athletic standpoint he’s 100% fraudulent

From a humanitarian standpoint he is 100% legit

Quite the juxtaposition

You are comparing Lance Armstrong to Jerry Sandusky.

I just wanted you to read that in plain, simple text.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:19, topic:26873”]You are comparing Lance Armstrong to Jerry Sandusky.

I just wanted you to read that in plain, simple text.[/quote]

Yes, I did Aristotle. Glad you caught on to that.