Daily musings and oddities šŸ—“ļø

Do you think someone might throw a chair at the funeral? I bet Jerry has something dramatic planned to get better funeral ratings.

Oh no he didnā€™t!!

Iā€™ve never really disliked a particular golfer but heā€™s a douche by all accounts

2 Likes

:rofl:

Was watching when this happened:

1 Like

clt says crazy weather on golf courses happens in the spring

2 Likes

You zoomed on the flag right?

Some years ago on this board I poked fun at people calling Taylor Swift a ā€œmusical geniusā€, probably even as I was safely inside my indie snob mode listening to The Nationalā€¦

Well I kinda love how it turned out that a few years later the band and Taylor had begun working together on each otherā€™s projects, and now we get a duet from them thatā€¦ Well letā€™s just say that it would have been a kinda meh effort from the fellas, except for how much Taylorā€™s vocals lift this song into something pretty special sounding:

I take back what I said about her. She absolutely kills it on this track. Iā€™d probably skip it without her.

Also, looking forward to hearing this new album from Matty and the boys. I just hope guitarist Aaron Dessner didnā€™t bury Bryan Devendorfā€™s powerful, soulful drumming in the mix again, like he has tended to do on every one of their records since he started producing them himself. Thatā€™s been my biggest gripe with the last couple of The National albums. Bryanā€™s drumming gave the songs on those records an emotional urgency that simply cannot be replicated. Itā€™s like he is pounding them past your defenses and into your soul. He is one of the very best in the business.

In my college years, we were always seeking the stone of destiny

clt, what took you so long with the latest on Olivia?! :wink:

1 Like

clt says delete tick tock yesterday

1 Like

So they can hire that many IRS agents and canā€™t beef up cyber security ???
Makes all the sense in the worldšŸ¤Æ