Daily musings and oddities 🗓️

2 Likes

clt would love to play bases loaded on that scoreboard

Bases Loaded is a good game, but I’d prefer the godfather:

2 Likes

RBI was my neighborhood go-to for tournaments. Loved this game. So much fun despite the corny graphics and music.

My favorite baseball NES game to play alone was Baseball Stars. You could create players, earn money and develop the players skills by paying $$ to the player, trade players, create a custom season (it actually kept season stats).

RBI & Baseball Stars were an amazing 1-2 punch for NES baseball lovers.

I liked Bases Loaded ok…but nowhere near the other 2.

1 Like

Baseball stars and Baseball Simulator 1.000 was also fantastic. They were the holy Trinity with RBI.

Baseball with super powers!

Though as good as those were as console games, RBI arcade was the godfather.

Still play it on my arcade emulator machine. Unlike the console versions, the rosters for each team on the original arcade version were all time greats. The Yankees were of course loaded, but there were a lot of other stacked teams. HOFers everywhere.

clt says this game walked so nes could run

Good news for Huntersville and Concord.

Except when the road projects AND the Google Fiber installation screw up your running routes! :construction: :running_man:

2 Likes

What idiot would flag the above? Ever hear of James Glasgow? XYZ Affair? Mississippi and Yazoo Land Companies? Of course you haven’t, because whoever flagged it is moronic

BBC

The battle for Bakhmut, the Ukrainian city which Russia has spent months trying to capture, is “stabilising”, says Ukraine’s commander-in-chief.

Valerii Zaluzhnyi said Ukrainian troops’ “tremendous efforts” were holding back Russia.

Earlier this month, Western officials estimated between 20,000 and 30,000 Russian troops had been killed or injured in Bakhmut since last summer.

Moscow is eager for a victory after failing to make major recent gains.

Despite this, military analysts believe Bakhmut has little strategic value, with the city’s importance now symbolic.

Angry Aubrey Plaza GIF by Parks and Recreation