Dalonte Hill WILL be the next Charlotte coach!

He is getting them the talent and he has had the opportunity to learn from 2 successful coaches, who preach defense.

Iā€™d take my chances with that.[/quote]

Iā€™m not saying he canā€™t be a good head coach, Iā€™m saying heā€™s not a head coach right now and he isnā€™t the person who spurred change at KSU.[/quote]

Oh I agree, but I wouldnā€™t completely discount his role.

If it could happen I think it would be a good move, but I am also open to someone with strong A10 connections.[/quote]

A10 Connections??? What the hell does that even mean?? Seriously??!! haha(shaking my head)

This guy could bring some serious DC/Maryland talentā€¦then continue to get FL and Chicago talent. Why you might ask?? Because these kids will do whatever he wants them to doā€¦just like Beasly. Heā€™s the best recruiter!! These kids (and their parents) trust him w/ their well being. It has not a dam thing to do w/ A10 connectionsā€¦

Even if we donā€™t make Dalonte an offer, I want a guy that recruits top talentā€¦not one w/ ā€œA 10 Connectionsā€ ā€¦dumbest thing Iā€™ve ever heard!!

Seriously. Please crawl back into your hole. kthanxbai

ā€¦

Something about him ā€œwantingā€ the job though - I doubt he is the only one.

I would venture to say that of all of the current openings, we are one of the top five most appealing programs. We are no where close to the level that Oregon is on, they will bring in a top-tier coach, but I would think that this job would be considered more appealing to a young coach than Auburn or DePaul and maybe on the same level as St. Johnā€™s.

He is getting them the talent and he has had the opportunity to learn from 2 successful coaches, who preach defense.

Iā€™d take my chances with that.[/quote]

Iā€™m not saying he canā€™t be a good head coach, Iā€™m saying heā€™s not a head coach right now and he isnā€™t the person who spurred change at KSU.[/quote]

Oh I agree, but I wouldnā€™t completely discount his role.

If it could happen I think it would be a good move, but I am also open to someone with strong A10 connections.[/quote]

A10 Connections??? What the hell does that even mean?? Seriously??!! haha(shaking my head)

This guy could bring some serious DC/Maryland talentā€¦then continue to get FL and Chicago talent. Why you might ask?? Because these kids will do whatever he wants them to doā€¦just like Beasly. Heā€™s the best recruiter!! These kids (and their parents) trust him w/ their well being. It has not a dam thing to do w/ A10 connectionsā€¦

Even if we donā€™t make Dalonte an offer, I want a guy that recruits top talentā€¦not one w/ ā€œA 10 Connectionsā€ ā€¦dumbest thing Iā€™ve ever heard!![/quote]

A10 connections in terms of being able to recruit out of the northeast where the A10 is well respected.

Hill can recruit, that is a given, but if we donā€™t hire him and hire a guy with southern roots we will probably have the same problems we have had in the A10 under Lutz. Local kids donā€™t know the A10 so therefore they donā€™t want to play in it, especially when we are down.

Please leave, honestly, I have read your previous posts, you basically have stated in the past that Charlotte is hopeless since theyā€™re in the A-10, yet claim to be an 8 year season ticket holder. If you feel that way, why do you still buy tickets?

[quote=ā€œLew, post:24, topic:22754ā€]Something about him ā€œwantingā€ the job though - I doubt he is the only one.

I would venture to say that of all of the current openings, we are one of the top five most appealing programs. We are no where close to the level that Oregon is on, they will bring in a top-tier coach, but I would think that this job would be considered more appealing to a young coach than Auburn or DePaul and maybe on the same level as St. Johnā€™s.[/quote]

DePaul is in Chicago. SJU is in NY. They can both afford to pay more than we can, are in better recruiting areas, aaaaannnnnnnddddd youā€™ve got a better operating budget. Auburn, well, weā€™re probably more attractive than they are, but if you turn that program around youā€™d be in great shape. SECW is weak, so youā€™d have an easy path to the postseason and expectations would be low.

This

I also want to admit to despising Hill when the Beasley situation occurred. Obviously looking back, he did what was best for him and whoā€™s to blame him.

Iā€™d say Hill is 30-40% responsible for the turnaround at KSU. He brings in all the talent, not Frank Martin, Huggins or Manhattan, KS.

[quote=ā€œPowerbait, post:27, topic:22754ā€][quote=ā€œLew, post:24, topic:22754ā€]Something about him ā€œwantingā€ the job though - I doubt he is the only one.

I would venture to say that of all of the current openings, we are one of the top five most appealing programs. We are no where close to the level that Oregon is on, they will bring in a top-tier coach, but I would think that this job would be considered more appealing to a young coach than Auburn or DePaul and maybe on the same level as St. Johnā€™s.[/quote]

DePaul is in Chicago. SJU is in NY. They can both afford to pay more than we can, are in better recruiting areas, aaaaannnnnnnddddd youā€™ve got a better operating budget. Auburn, well, weā€™re probably more attractive than they are, but if you turn that program around youā€™d be in great shape. SECW is weak, so youā€™d have an easy path to the postseason and expectations would be low.[/quote]

A lot of coaches are scared to death of the bottom feader Big East schools, they look at them as a potential career killer.

I can understand that. DePaul isnā€™t really a BE caliber school anyway.

[quote=ā€œNiner03, post:9, topic:22754ā€][quote=ā€œsurvivor45, post:6, topic:22754ā€]Keep laughing, then. It wonā€™t happen.

Hill is all about green but it ainā€™t Niner green.

His comments donā€™t surprise me in the least. Heā€™s just marketing himself to Katz.[/quote]

Do you even know him?? The guy wants a shot as a Head Coach. Heā€™s lived in CLT 1/3 of his life. Has 3 kids here. Went to school here. Has good connections w/ enough of the right ppl (obviously not Judy).

All Charlotte wants to do is WIN?? Am i correct?? As a Niner fan, thatā€™s all I give a @#it aboutā€¦Winning, post season play, and a future run at a National Title. Who TF was K State b/f he got there?? Now they are a top 10 team and #2 seed in POSTSEASON!!!

As Niner fans what do you guys want??? Thatā€™s my question?? Do you want to win? Do you want Natā€™l recognition?? Do you want to see ā€œCharlotteā€ on the top 25?? Do you want to be filling a bracket in right now that show Charlotte advancing?? I swear we have one of the stupidest fan bases!!![/quote]

Dude. Heā€™s making a salesman pitch for himself.

But this isnā€™t someone looking for a head coaching gig. This is someone looking for a head coaching gig that will pay him an exorbitant amount of money. Remember, this is the person who sent shockwaves by signing a contract that was valued at more than 10x the amount of the yearly salary of Bill Selfā€™s assistants at Kansas.

Itā€™s a Scott Boras move, plain and simple. If Quinnipiac announced that they were going to pay $3million for their next head coach, Hill would call Andy Katz and call Quinnipiac his dream job. If you think this is a done deal simply because Hill is trying to make himself appear valuable, then youā€™re being a bit naive on how the world works sometimes.

is there a link to Hill saying that he wants this job? I cant find it.

Personally, I hope we do not go this route but for those of you who are jaded by Hill, Iā€™m sure it would quickly become water under the bridge if he got us in to the NCAA Tournament within 2 years.

But again, I hope we donā€™t go this route because I just donā€™t think he would stick around very long at all if he was successful. Then weā€™re talking about Hill dissing us twice. Shame on us the 2nd time.

Iā€™d be surprised if was someone who is not an outsider, but you never know.

Hill does bring in recruits, but Iā€™d be surprised if he came back here.

[quote=ā€œjcl49er, post:34, topic:22754ā€]Personally, I hope we do not go this route but for those of you who are jaded by Hill, Iā€™m sure it would quickly become water under the bridge if he got us in to the NCAA Tournament within 2 years.

But again, I hope we donā€™t go this route because I just donā€™t think he would stick around very long at all if he was successful. Then weā€™re talking about Hill dissing us twice. Shame on us the 2nd time.[/quote]
Dead on. My blood runs green but I would have a very difficult time in continuing my support with this hire. Not saying I wouldnā€™t ever, but it would take a lot of swaying my opinion.

Can someone give me a list of recruits that Hill brought to Charlotte in his time here?

So far Iā€™ve got Ianā€¦thats it. Thats the list. Ian Andersen.

With the talent we already have, and whatever Dalonte could bring with him, we would be dangerous right away. I know a lot of people hold his actions against him, but a few NCAA trips would change minds.

[quote=ā€œHP49er, post:36, topic:22754ā€][quote=ā€œjcl49er, post:34, topic:22754ā€]Personally, I hope we do not go this route but for those of you who are jaded by Hill, Iā€™m sure it would quickly become water under the bridge if he got us in to the NCAA Tournament within 2 years.

But again, I hope we donā€™t go this route because I just donā€™t think he would stick around very long at all if he was successful. Then weā€™re talking about Hill dissing us twice. Shame on us the 2nd time.[/quote]
Dead on. My blood runs green but I would have a very difficult time in continuing my support with this hire. Not saying I wouldnā€™t ever, but it would take a lot of swaying my opinion.[/quote]

I agree on this, but if he gets to the position to leave after lets say 5 seasons, that means we would have had enough success to merit a bigger job offer. So he would essentially have done his job.

I think the biggest sign of respect is a bigger program hiring your coach. Usually when that happens a strong base has been built and the transition is smoother than starting from scratch.

Our friend with the inside sources has already stated (although I canā€™t blame you for not having seen it due to his unique method of spacing his posts) that there is no link but that he has VERY RELIABLE sources and that a statement to that affect will probably be put out somewhere in the realm of Thursday. Also, he said that leaving your resignation via voicemail is ridiculous no matter what line of work youā€™re in.