Dalonte Hill WILL be the next Charlotte coach!

It doesn’t exist.

Our friend with the inside sources has already stated (although I can’t blame you for not having seen it due to his unique method of spacing his posts) that there is no link but that he has VERY RELIABLE sources and that a statement to that affect will probably be put out somewhere in the realm of Thursday. Also, he said that leaving your resignation via voicemail is ridiculous no matter what line of work you’re in.[/quote]

thanks

[quote=“casstommy, post:37, topic:22754”]Can someone give me a list of recruits that Hill brought to Charlotte in his time here?

So far I’ve got Ian…thats it. Thats the list. Ian Andersen.[/quote]

Oh there’s some delicious symmetry there.

Ian is was the ultimate scapegoat and standard bearer for what was wrong with Bobby Lutz, and now the fanbase wants to hire the guy who recruited him.

You cannot make this stuff up.

If we hire Hill… WHAT RECRUITS DOES HE BRING WITH HIM? That’s ALL I wanna know.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:43, topic:22754”][quote=“casstommy, post:37, topic:22754”]Can someone give me a list of recruits that Hill brought to Charlotte in his time here?

Ian is was the ultimate scapegoat and standard bearer for what was wrong with Bobby Lutz, and now the fanbase wants to hire the guy who recruited him.

You cannot make this stuff up.[/quote]

I guess Metro is Hill’s biggest fan then.

[quote=“Niner03, post:1, topic:22754”]I’m laughing at all the darts you guys are throwing trying to guess who the next HC will be. It’s black and white. #1 Katz from ESPN called Dalonte this morning and asked if he would be interested in the job. His answer: "I’m not interested…I WANT IT!"
Now you let the entire US know that the highest paid assitant coach/ and arguably the top recruiter in the nation wants the Charlotte HC job and is willing to sign a Bobby Lutzesque contract to become the HC…and you don’t go after him!!! We will be the dumbest program in the history of the NCAA!! Also Judy can kiss her job goodbye (which wouldn’t be bad) b/c the men and women with checkbooks will be VERY UPSET!! Why risk this revolt w/ football on the horizon??
I know Judy and Dalonte have bad blood but that was 3 years ago and WINNING CURES ALL!!! (maybe an appology by Dalonte too?? haha)
Both have something of value that negates the money aspect. Charlotte has a HEAD COACHING JOB. Dalonte WINS and brings NBA talent w/ him. Something I’ve never been able to say in the same sentence as Charlotte ever.
There’s no doubt in my mind once the world finds out D Hill wants this job an offer will be extended. I know for a fact too he’s already reached out to certain ppl in the Athletic Office.
My last point is Dalonte is very good friends and is highly thought of by some of this schools top donors. We’re not a school with a lengthy history…we don’t have the luxury of a school that’s been around for 100+ years. We need these top donors and will pay more attention to their requests vs. other schools. They want to win and will support Dalonte’s efforts.

It’s black and white friends…heard it here 1st!!![/quote]

While I appreciate you taking the time to post here Delonte and telling us of your interest the our head coaching position I am afraid we will be going in a different direction. Thanks again for your interest and best of luck to you in your future endevors.

I think Dalonte would be a good addition as long as he brought in an experienced staff that could help with strategy and gameplanning. Two areas that I think he would be green in.

[quote=“ninerdad101, post:3, topic:22754”]I would not be surprised at all…Charlotte deserves him…especially after he spit in our face, cheats, backstabs, etc…good fit…[/quote]He took a better job for a lot more money…Why don’t you take Sparty’s advice?

Anyone know possible recruits that would follow him? Just sayin… If I’m Judy, I’m like, "Show me your list you %#^^ "

Not a bad idea I guess. Let’s see 5 years from now.

2010 commits for KSU: http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2010

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:43, topic:22754”][quote=“casstommy, post:37, topic:22754”]Can someone give me a list of recruits that Hill brought to Charlotte in his time here?

You cannot make this stuff up.[/quote]

:)) :)) :))

[quote=“Powerbait, post:27, topic:22754”][quote=“Lew, post:24, topic:22754”]Something about him “wanting” the job though - I doubt he is the only one.

I would venture to say that of all of the current openings, we are one of the top five most appealing programs. We are no where close to the level that Oregon is on, they will bring in a top-tier coach, but I would think that this job would be considered more appealing to a young coach than Auburn or DePaul and maybe on the same level as St. John’s.[/quote]

DePaul is in Chicago. SJU is in NY. They can both afford to pay more than we can, are in better recruiting areas, aaaaannnnnnnddddd you’ve got a better operating budget. Auburn, well, we’re probably more attractive than they are, but if you turn that program around you’d be in great shape. SECW is weak, so you’d have an easy path to the postseason and expectations would be low.[/quote]

Agreed. For the most part, any BCS school is going to look better, even if it’s for basketball.

Yeah, he owes us a BIG 'UN, doesn’t he? That would be some restitution…

Also agree that he would need to bring some experienced Assistants for Bench coaches.

2011 PG that would presumably go w/ Hill: http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Quinn-Cook-86958

[quote=“Powerbait, post:27, topic:22754”][quote=“Lew, post:24, topic:22754”]Something about him “wanting” the job though - I doubt he is the only one.

I would venture to say that of all of the current openings, we are one of the top five most appealing programs. We are no where close to the level that Oregon is on, they will bring in a top-tier coach, but I would think that this job would be considered more appealing to a young coach than Auburn or DePaul and maybe on the same level as St. John’s.[/quote]

DePaul is in Chicago. SJU is in NY. They can both afford to pay more than we can, are in better recruiting areas, aaaaannnnnnnddddd you’ve got a better operating budget. Auburn, well, we’re probably more attractive than they are, but if you turn that program around you’d be in great shape. SECW is weak, so you’d have an easy path to the postseason and expectations would be low.[/quote]

Old timers may remember this. Back in 96 before hiring MW, we interviewed the coach from Miss. State who was fresh off a final four. He WANTED the Charlotte job, but we hired MW instead. Sometimes I think people underestimate the appeal of the Charlotte job.

He’d better be able to deliver a top 5 recruiting class full of guys in hamburger uniforms if he wants to come back here.

My typo aside, I am floored that people want to hire the guy that recruited Ian Anderson - the most bitched about Niner player since Brendan Plavich. Hell, he caught more grief than Brendan ever did.

Didn’t Beasley say we needed to look at Ian, after playing against him in a tourney somewhere?

By a power of 10

Compared to: http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2010/charlotte-656

This. I’m not saying he won’t eventually be a good coach. But it is very risky. No head coaching experience, and really, very little as an assistant. Seems similar to Jeff Capel. Only 27 when VCU hired him. Of course he had the Duke pedigree on his side and a dad as a former coach. I think the verdict is still out on him.