Damn so-called Charlotte Grads!

[quote=“TheShowDawg, post:18, topic:24469”]My 4 year old boys were just assigned to their first Y team and guess what the names of the 4 teams were. You got it all ACC teams. We were assigned to Carolina and I called up the director and said no fckin way!!! I told them to change one of the teams to Charlotte and they said they were going with all college teams and not pro teams. I said WTF!! They stated we are in the heart of ACC country and I said I do not even know what that means and there is only one other family from North Carolina in my whole sub division and I know they do not give a sht about the ACC because they like football!!

It is very frustrating and it is hard to swim upstream sometimes.[/quote]

Preach it Dawg. All we can do is fight the fight. And in all honesty, this seems like a bad method by the league anyway. What if a kid is a fan of one those ACC schools and ends up not being on that team? Seems like it would be confusing to a 4 year old.

I grew up attending Duke basketball camp. I’ll give credit where credit is due. They had a pretty good system for naming the teams in the camp. They used the schools in the Ivy League and Patriot League. For the most part the campers were not fans of any of those schools.

You should have showed up in person and threatened someone Showdawg.

On a slightly positive note, my son plays in the Huntersville Rec league and they pretty
much let the coaches pick the team name. Non of the kids really have a problem with it.
Along with the ACC teams we have 49ers, Davidson, Salukis, ECU etc.

I actually think a lot of the kids are getting deprogrammed from the (ACC only) hype.
I saw less Tarheel shirts at skills day than ever before.
Not a good year to be converting anyone to Charlotte though.

Kids are going to like who they see on TV winning. Therfore my son has
an Alabama hoodie along with his Charlotte gear. That is why we have to make the tournament and win
a few games to ever get noticed. And we have to do it more than once.

Look how quick Davidson’s Fame tanked.

[quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:22, topic:24469”]You should have showed up in person and threatened someone Showdawg.

[/quote]

It aint nothin for me to kick an ACC fans *ss 8)

This is my exact same story.

Absolutely nothing is going to change until we can consistently make the NCAA tournament and our football program goes FBS.

Another issue at play is the fact that when we’ve had chances to play/beat acc teams we haven’t really made a statement on the court. I know we’ve won some, but that playoff loss to state and that ASS KICKING last year at dook did NOT help our cause. JUST WIN, BABY!!

This is my exact same story.[/quote]

Whatever dude, you live in Union County :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“TheShowDawg, post:15, topic:24469”][quote=“cltfortyniner, post:4, topic:24469”][quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:3, topic:24469”]I was at a Div 2 Basketball game recently and after the game a player came
out wearing a Tarheel Hoodie. [/quote]

But we are NOT a Division 2 team. If some of our “fans” want to support the Heels as much or more as they do their Niners, that is their business, but please do not use the excuse you do it because we are Division 2. [/quote]

I do not think Big Time Niner was referring to going to our game when he mentioned D2 game. He is a life long fan and is very active with the University / Athletics.[/quote]

I know. I just mentioned D2 because we are not D2 and he said he was at a D2 game. My other gripe is some Charlotte residents do think we’re D2.

I’ve seen you mention a couple losses to ACC teams 5 or 6 times in recent weeks. Why do you NEVER mention our wins? And moreso, why do you keep harping on us losing to the ACC? Why not mention our losses to the SEC? Or why not mention our wins and losses against the SEC?

Quite franlky, you come across as being nothing but an ACC homer at times.

I’ve seen you mention a couple losses to ACC teams 5 or 6 times in recent weeks. Why do you NEVER mention our wins? And moreso, why do you keep harping on us losing to the ACC? Why not mention our losses to the SEC? Or why not mention our wins and losses against the SEC?

Quite franlky, you come across as being nothing but an ACC homer at times.[/quote]

Cltfourtyniner, I didn’t understand your response to my Post about being at a Div 2 game and I don’t understand your response here. Are you intentionally avoiding the points that we are making???

Quite franlky, you come across as being nothing but an ACC homer at times.[/quote]

Cltfourtyniner, I didn’t understand your response to my Post about being at a Div 2 game and I don’t understand your response here. Are you intentionally avoiding the points that we are making? ???[/quote]

The second we all start to turn on each other, the ACC wins.

Cltfourtyniner, I didn’t understand your response to my Post about being at a Div 2 game and I don’t understand your response here. Are you intentionally avoiding the points that we are making? ???[/quote]

it looks to me like cltfortyniner is responding to 49er1 in his last post. not you bigtime. i got the impression his response to you was just as he said. we are not division 2. and maybe i’m way off base too. but that’s what it looked like to me.

[quote=“cltfortyniner, post:28, topic:24469”][quote=“TheShowDawg, post:15, topic:24469”][quote=“cltfortyniner, post:4, topic:24469”][quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:3, topic:24469”]I was at a Div 2 Basketball game recently and after the game a player came
out wearing a Tarheel Hoodie. [/quote]

But we are NOT a Division 2 team. If some of our “fans” want to support the Heels as much or more as they do their Niners, that is their business, but please do not use the excuse you do it because we are Division 2. [/quote]

I do not think Big Time Niner was referring to going to our game when he mentioned D2 game. He is a life long fan and is very active with the University / Athletics.[/quote]

I know. I just mentioned D2 because we are not D2 and he said he was at a D2 game. My other gripe is some Charlotte residents do think we’re D2.[/quote]

Born in Charlotte and have lived several years of my life in Charlotte…sorry, this was in response to San Fran. boy.

Please. I’ve seen NINER games before you were born. I’m a grad and seen 'em all, the good ('77) and bad (Wissell), so stop with your misinterpretations of my intent and loyalty. I love everything NINER and I just tell it like it is (we currently suck) and I KNOW what a good team looks like. These past chances to beat the acc still hurt and my comments reflect that. Winning solves all, it just does.

Please. I’ve seen NINER games before you were born. I’m a grad and seen 'em all, the good ('77) and bad (Wissell), so stop with your misinterpretations of my intent and loyalty. I love everything NINER and I just tell it like it is (we currently suck) and I KNOW what a good team looks like. These past chances to beat the acc still hurt and my comments reflect that. Winning solves all, it just does.[/quote]

I’ve just noticed you always talk about our losses and never about our wins, especially when it comes to ACC teams. There is no need to get defensive.

Cltfourtyniner, I didn’t understand your response to my Post about being at a Div 2 game and I don’t understand your response here. Are you intentionally avoiding the points that we are making???[/quote]

Big Time Niner, This response was not meant for you. My response to you was that we are not a D2 school. I fail to understand how that is ignoring the problem. Let’s look at other examples. Would we expect ECU football fans to put themselves in the same category as Davidson football fans? Would we expect Temple basketball fans to put themselves in the same category as WSSU basketball fans? We are not D2. So the erxample you gave was not the same as our situation.

Jim Utter is the only person I’ve noticed turn on anyone. If we are not allowed to express our views, we have already lost. Utter did not express his opinions. He just started throwing out meaningless cheap shots after our loss to ECU.

Which would you consider most evil of the two:

1. A college player on full scholarship (D2 Private school) comes out after the game wearing a Tarheel Hoodie.

2. Casual Fan/Student of D1 school wears shirt of another D1 school(Tarheels) that is really his favorite.

Disclaimer - Everyone on this board knows we are not a D2 school and I am not comparing, Classifying, Grouping
our fans with D2 fans.

1. because d2 doesn’t matter.

I think that is how BCS schools feel about us.