Dante Cunningham - 2005

6’7" 215lb small forward.
He is not currently ranked in the top 150, but he showed up #11 ranked Tasmin Mitchell in a head to head matchup. We are in his top 5, along with Maryland, Pittsburgh, St Johns, and Georgetown. He mentioned that likes Charlotte’s location, the fact that he could get a lot of PT, and he likes Dalonte Hill a lot (who used to coach DC Assault, the team that Dante is playing for now).

One of the best players in DC area, Maryland wants this guy also, good to hear we are on his list.

He is hoping Maryland will offer(they haven’t yet) otherwise Georgetown moves to the top of his list followed by Villanova, GT(no offer), VT(No Offer), Pitt and Charlotte.(from prepstars).

His ranking has moved up to 82 by Bob Gibbons.

Hopefully we can move up his list.

looks like cunningham and lane are our top two targets now

Sounds like he is a power forward, not small forward, who can score…

September 8, 2004

He had been waiting on an offer from Maryland and finally got it but isn’t in a hurry to commit until he visits some schools.

He has a visit set up to visit Maryland on Sept. 25 and then he’ll take another one to Pittsburgh the following weekend. Those are the only two set in stone, but he’s also considering trips to Charlotte, St. John’s, George Washington and Villanova.

``There is no leader right now,” said Cunningham, the DC Assault star who fielded his offer from the Terps after coming back from Los Angeles at the end of July. “I was happy and proud to get the offer from Maryland, but I had no intention of committing right away.”

He has pretty much eliminated G’town as well.

[i]Originally posted by 49erblh[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 06:09 PM [b]September 8, 2004

He had been waiting on an offer from Maryland and finally got it but isn’t in a hurry to commit until he visits some schools.

He has a visit set up to visit Maryland on Sept. 25 and then he’ll take another one to Pittsburgh the following weekend. Those are the only two set in stone, but he’s also considering trips to Charlotte, St. John’s, George Washington and Villanova.

``There is no leader right now,” said Cunningham, the DC Assault star who fielded his offer from the Terps after coming back from Los Angeles at the end of July. “I was happy and proud to get the offer from Maryland, but I had no intention of committing right away.”

He has pretty much eliminated G’town as well.[/b]

Good and bad news I guess…bad that Maryland offered, but good that he’s still gonna visit elsewhere and in no hurry to commit. Get him here for MM Bobby!

according to the recent article on Ninerreport (9/12) we still hold a slight lead

When did we every have a lead for this guy?

Apparently from the get-go since he knows Delonte well.

According to his Rivals player profile and the recent Q&A , he’s visiting this weekend (9/18, 9/19).

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Sep 15 2004, 11:13 AM [b] According to his Rivals player profile , he's visiting this weekend (9/18). [/b]
good news! we seem to have the visit thing down pretty well if we can get people interested enough to come out here. Let's go ahead and lock up Lane and Cunningham and I will be happy: Mullis, Alexander, Bennet, Lane, and Cunningham all playing in 05, sound good to me! and lock up a big man with that last 'ship we'll have left!

Not to cause chaos, but I hope Iti is honest with Lutz after the season so that if needed, we can sign someone during the late period.

I like my new avatar. Let’s hope he likes it here.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Sep 15 2004, 07:22 PM [b] I like my new avatar. Let's hope he likes it here. [/b]
I hope the rain holds off. Not good to have a washout while he's here. He'll have plenty of time to tour the facilities. We need this guy.

How did his visit go?

According to the rivals (not JJ) we’re top 2 along side Villanova.
Appears the visit went well.

Apparently Pitt is trying to get involved late even though they just signed a guy at the same position. He visits Pitt on 10/2 and Maryland on 10/15.

I’m guessing the Maryland 10/15 is also their Midnight Madness? Not a good sign for us.

If he wants to play, he will come to Charlotte. Or he could take the route of Travis Garrison (a more highly touted player) and sit for two years before getting a chance to shine.