David Booker - 2006 sf/pf

Booker is a senior at Moss Point in Mississippi. He is 6’7, 200lbs, but wants to play out on the perimiter (what a shock…). He dropped 50 points in a playoff game not too long ago, so its clear he can score. We are in his top four, along with USC, Northwestern, and Boston College. We are the only ones who have offered so far.

$20 says he goes to BC

Northwestern plays the Sendek Princeton, BC plays a flex, South Carolina plays QB hands off to the RB at the perimeter, we just score on no set offense. I really have no point other than the fact that that is an odd set of a top 4.

Booker is a 2006 target.

He averaged 28 and 10 this season. NinerID, I assume you have a rivals.com subscription. He said he liked our 1-4 offense where he can play on the perimeter. We used to run a ton of set plays back in the Jobey/Diego days. Now we’re running more motion and he’s selling it to recruits. With the right guys, it can be effective. We can save the debate for the main forum.

NinerID, I assume you have a rivals.com subscription. He said he liked our 1-4 offense where he can play on the perimeter. We used to run a ton of set plays back in the Jobey/Diego days. Now we're running more motion and he's selling it to recruits. With the right guys, it can be effective. We can save the debate for the main forum.

actually i didnt get that from there, i just watch an unhealthy amount of college basketball. I didnt want a debate or anything just thought it was a wide range. Usually a recruit that can score doesnt decide between St. Louis and GW (just a VERY different style of offense example).

Sounds like a huge get though.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;161655]He said he liked our 1-4 offense where he can play on the perimeter. We used to run a ton of set plays back in the Jobey/Diego days. Now we’re running more motion and he’s selling it to recruits. With the right guys, it can be effective. We can save the debate for the main forum.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure this is the debate in which you were referring but…

We were a lot more successful in the Diego/Jobey days weren’t we?

If it ain’t broke…why did we fix it?

Because they graduated.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;161655]Booker is a 2006 target.
[/QUOTE]

fixed. thanks lefty

He’s been added to the 2006 thread.

Booker has become one of our top targets for 2006. The kid has BIGTIME potential. Will likely be Mr. Basketball in Mississippi and will play in the Alabama-Mississippi all-star game soon. As someone posted, he dropped 50 in a recent playoff game.

Again, where are these scholarships coming from. We have one left to give and that goes to Tatum if he qualifies. Then there was talk of Habel coming in. Is lewis transferring? Now Booker is our top target? What gives?

DAVID BOOKER, Moss Point: Scored 50, 34 and 40 points in wins over Brandon, Forest Hill and Moss Point for the 5A South championship.

I like what I’m reading here. Keep it coming. Our coaches always recruit their asses off. One good thing about the not playing. LAND BOOKER!

[URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=27737]Rivals Profile[/URL]
[URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=523468]Rivals Article saying we’re interested[/URL]

6’7, 200 lbs. & 3 stars. Averages 28 pts, 10 rebs and 5 assists. I’m liking what I’m reading about this kid, looks like a real strong prospect. 50, 34 & 40 pts??!! Come on in Booker!!

Sounds like exactly what we need next year.

This is great and all, but I’ve heard names like these before. How 'bout we quit messing around and we ACTUALLY land some of these guys. My guess is we will have 2 schollies come available SOON…possibly a third. This is conjecture on my part, but I think we’re looking at 2, possibly three more Jucos for next year.

We need to land this guy. The question I have is if he signs can Tatum still sign? I thought we only have one shcolarship left.

Imagine in 3 years when we have Tatum, Wilderness, Harmon, Dewhurst, Anderson , Booker and others who will have played together for 3 years.

As of this moment, we have one scholarship to give.

That’s assuming:

Bennett doesn’t magically get another year.
No transfers.

New article out on Booker on Rivals, SAYS WE LEAD!!! Has us over UConn!!!

[URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=526511]Link[/URL]

:clap: :thumbsup: :biggrin: