David Chadwick - 2009

6’8"
205 lbd
PF at Charlotte Latin

His dad is the pastor of my parents church. His father played at Chapel Hill under Dean Smith.

“Face up power forward comes from good stock; his father was a college basketball player at North Carolina. Has a deft perimeter touch and has shown improvement since his freshman season. Gaining strength and continuing to work on accuracy while adding post elements should make him a strong high-major candidate.”

Ranked Three Stars

We should recruit this kid :biggrin:

Ha, that’s his dad’s name too. For a second I thought he found more eligability since he rode the bench under Smith… Good guy!

Dr. Dave was roomies with George Karl :stuck_out_tongue:

I use to serve him and his wife coffee every morning. His wife is a UGA grad. Very cool people.

Chadwick will be at UNC, walk-on most likely.

Why be a walkon and never play somewhere if you can get PT and a full ride somewhere else?

nobody his size will walk-on anywhere, especially with 3 stars. If Carolina won’t take he won’t go there.

nobody his size will walk-on anywhere, especially with 3 stars. If Carolina won't take he won't go there.

Perhaps his dad is pushing him to get his college diploma at the school. They may not even be thinking about about pursuing a pro (or college) basketball career at the moment.

Maybe he’ll miss not playing and transfer out.

I’m his friend on facebook… and it says Dewhurst is too. I say we should take a look at him.

dewhurst started at the 5 at latin and chadwick was the starting powerfoward as a freshman.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;210056]dewhurst started at the 5 at latin and chadwick was the starting powerfoward as a freshman.[/QUOTE]
Yep. And that is exactly why we should recruit him. Familiarity. I bet we could even see some team play with that situation on the court. And if we redshirt Dewhurst like we need to this year, Dewhurst would only be one year ahead of Chadwick and they’d play 3 years together.

Hotness!

[QUOTE=ChevEE;210098]Yep. And that is exactly why we should recruit him. Familiarity. I bet we could even see some team play with that situation on the court. And if we redshirt Dewhurst like we need to this year, Dewhurst would only be one year ahead of Chadwick and they’d play 3 years together.[/QUOTE]
On the other hand, the coaches have probably seen him play quite a bit in recruiting Dewhurst and probably know 80,483 times more about him and his situation than any of us do and have made their decision about going after him based on that.

[QUOTE=CMack124;210314]On the other hand, the coaches have probably seen him play quite a bit in recruiting Dewhurst and probably know 80,483 times more about him and his situation than any of us do and have made their decision about going after him based on that.[/QUOTE]
Good point CMack. I can still hope though… Good guy

per scout.com he is visiting the UNC-CH vs Duke game this weekend. States that Charlotte was the first team to offer him a schollie. Lists Charlotte as Low Interest

I don’t think this kid will got to UNC-CH either, they have seen the last of the Will Johnson days and if he wants to play more than the last 30 seconds of a blowout he will go to either charlotte or davidson, which could be our main rival on this. Since his dad has radio program here and his family has unc ties he may be sick of the whole state.

Yeah, Bobby saw my post on here and decided to offer him a scholarship.

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;221507]I don’t think this kid will got to UNC-CH either, they have seen the last of the Will Johnson days and if he wants to play more than the last 30 seconds of a blowout he will go to either charlotte or davidson, which could be our main rival on this. Since his dad has radio program here and his family has unc ties he may be sick of the whole state.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it’s just me, but do we really want a guy who you think will only play the last 30 seconds of a game? I see your logic about playing time being more competitive at Chapel Hill. But let’s give our players and our future aspirations for the program a little more credit than that. I have not interest in Quentin Thomas.

[QUOTE=Normmm;222027]Maybe it’s just me, but do we really want a guy who you think will only play the last 30 seconds of a game? I see your logic about playing time being more competitive at Chapel Hill. But let’s give our players and our future aspirations for the program a little more credit than that. I have not interest in Quentin Thomas.[/QUOTE]

3/4ths of the Davisdon roster is made up of last 30 seconds ACC players. They beat us by damn near 30.

Maybe it's just me, but do we really want a guy who you think will only play the last 30 seconds of a game? I see your logic about playing time being more competitive at Chapel Hill. But let's give our players and our future aspirations for the program a little more credit than that. I have not interest in Quentin Thomas.

I’d take Quinton Thomas on our team this year.

[QUOTE=Normmm;222027]Maybe it’s just me, but do we really want a guy who you think will only play the last 30 seconds of a game? I see your logic about playing time being more competitive at Chapel Hill. But let’s give our players and our future aspirations for the program a little more credit than that. I have not interest in Quentin Thomas.[/QUOTE]

No disrespect to our own team but often times we build players, they do not come in as the best (curtis withers, eddie basden, kelvin price, etc.) like it or not, and i know you don’t like it, UNC-CH, Duke, UCLA get first crack at the top recruits, so even if they get a three star like chadwick, which could be great somewhere elase, he is going to be overshadowed by 4-5 stars. Heck i’ve seen 4 stars like michael thompson for duke get out because they were never going to play. Thats all I’m sayin’. I think Chadwick could shine here, because he would be more than just a practice dummy.