Davidson Debacle

[quote=“s9er, post:17, topic:30653”]

I’m ordering Judy a cake on Monday![/quote]

Judy will counter with this, just add a hashtag.

I agree with this. If you are bad in football and basketball then that is what matters. We aren’t just bad, we are atrocious at both. We sacrificed basketball for football (cusa) and we are awful in football.

[quote=“s9er, post:17, topic:30653”]

I’m ordering Judy a cake on Monday![/quote]

Please do. 49er athletics are dead until she and Dubois are gone.

I’m f-ing tired of losing to Davidson!!!

They canceled our series a few years back. What do we get out of playing them now? They don’t bring a lot of fans to Halton. The rivalry doesn’t drive a lot of buzz in the region either.

I agree with this. If you are bad in football and basketball then that is what matters. We aren’t just bad, we are atrocious at both. We sacrificed basketball for football (cusa) and we are awful in football.[/quote]

No we sacrificed basketball by not having football during our first CUSA run. An AD with no vision put us in a conference we didn’t belong in and started our downward spiral. Coming back into CUSA 3.0 just shows how bad it has become.

This was a bad weekend for the game. It does typically generate some buzz and Halton and Belk have been good environments during the game. Sadly what is holding the series down now is our 0-4 record last 4 years.

Price now 0-2 losing by a combined 57 points to Davidson.

This was the first Niner basketball game I’ve been to in 2 years, I believe.

I won’t say I know the intricacies of this roster, or if people were just having a bad day or what. However, based on watching this game, I would have to say this is the least talented roster we’ve ever had since I started watching in 2005.

Davis looks really good, and had a ton of passion and energy. He never quit the entire game, no matter what happened.

The #15 kid had a lot of passion and energy, but he is just not good. He missed at least a half dozen shots from 5 feet, and he’s too small physically.

Braxton may be the biggest transfer bust in recent history? He literally shot 8% most of the game, and started off 0-10 I think; I believe he ended up at 12% or so? He was highly recruited by an elite Florida team, which I’m not sure how.

The rest of the roster is a bunch of untalented or undersized JAGs. Didn’t really see much passion from anyone other than Davis or #15 (VanHook?). I suppose it’s hard to stay passionate down 30, but if you’re not skilled or physically talented then I at least expect you to not quit.

The offensive movement was awful. The majority of the first half was everyone off-ball doing the Mannequin Challenge while someone drove vs 3 guys to miss a 10 foot jumper off-balance. I have no idea what the plan was offensively. Contrast that with Davidson’s ball movement and it was painful to see. I can excuse Price for having no talent to work with, but not sure how to excuse folks standing around.

Defense was painful, but they were undersized and less athletic than Davidson (wow, who would have that we’d ever say that).

I hope Price can recruit or some of these younger kids develop. Didn’t look like Judy Rose even came to our Cross-town Rivalry “Hornets Nest Trophy” game. I hope she feels shame for what she’s done to the basketball program.

[quote=“eason49, post:29, topic:30653”]This was the first Niner basketball game I’ve been to in 2 years, I believe.

I won’t say I know the intricacies of this roster, or if people were just having a bad day or what. However, based on watching this game, I would have to say this is the least talented roster we’ve ever had since I started watching in 2005.

Davis looks really good, and had a ton of passion and energy. He never quit the entire game, no matter what happened.

The #15 kid had a lot of passion and energy, but he is just not good. He missed at least a half dozen shots from 5 feet, and he’s too small physically.

Braxton may be the biggest transfer bust in recent history? He literally shot 8% most of the game, and started off 0-10 I think; I believe he ended up at 12% or so? He was highly recruited by an elite Florida team, which I’m not sure how.

The rest of the roster is a bunch of untalented or undersized JAGs. Didn’t really see much passion from anyone other than Davis or #15 (VanHook?). I suppose it’s hard to stay passionate down 30, but if you’re not skilled or physically talented then I at least expect you to not quit.

The offensive movement was awful. The majority of the first half was everyone off-ball doing the Mannequin Challenge while someone drove vs 3 guys to miss a 10 foot jumper off-balance. I have no idea what the plan was offensively. Contrast that with Davidson’s ball movement and it was painful to see. I can excuse Price for having no talent to work with, but not sure how to excuse folks standing around.

Defense was painful, but they were undersized and less athletic than Davidson (wow, who would have that we’d ever say that).

I hope Price can recruit or some of these younger kids develop. Didn’t look like Judy Rose even came to our Cross-town Rivalry “Hornets Nest Trophy” game. I hope she feels shame for what she’s done to the basketball program.[/quote]

I can pretty much guarantee she feels no shame.

[quote=“eason49, post:29, topic:30653”]This was the first Niner basketball game I’ve been to in 2 years, I believe.

I hope Price can recruit or some of these younger kids develop. Didn’t look like Judy Rose even came to our Cross-town Rivalry “Hornets Nest Trophy” game. I hope she feels shame for what she’s done to the basketball program.[/quote]

i agree that yesterday was a disaster but i have to disagree with you about a few things: our team has a lot of problems, lack of talent is not one. we have a very talented foursome in the backcourt in davis, obogozue, white, and jackson. i also believe that garvin is talented with a lot of upside. we have a major hole and that is in the frontcourt. we simply don’t have a legit big right now. washington and garvin and van hook(who i think is good but playing out of position) are all solid or better but are playing out of position. davidson didnt beat us because they are more athletic(lack of athletes is not our problem). they beat us because they have a well rounded roster and we dont and for whatever reason, our defense is bad and offensive flow is not there. what confuses me is that we have all seen this team look wonderful moving the ball on offense, and find good shots, but right now, they seem to be reverting. that is what worries me. i dont understand the poor defense. i hope price figures it out. i dont agree the obogozue is a bust. is he a stud? not always but he is just hot and cold. i thought he fixed his consistency issues but i guess he hasent. he also has plenty of great games so i think calling him a huge transfer bust is unfair. just my opinion.

[quote=“chidave, post:20, topic:30653”]We had no answer for them doubling the shooter on the high screens. Davidson took away our outside shooting in the half court game by doing that, and we were unable to drive and finish or establish any game in the post.

I am very afraid for Monday, as bad as today was if we dont play significantly better we could lose that game.

On the bright side, kudos to everyone who set up the Brickouse Tavern 49er rendezvous. It was a lot of fun kicking a few back with some Niner fans and meeting some of y’all. Hopefully one day the in-game fun will match the pre-game.[/quote]

It was nice meeting you before the game shorty…jk. Perhaps we can meet up again in Winston Salem.

[quote=“Ninercentral, post:30, topic:30653”][quote=“eason49, post:29, topic:30653”]This was the first Niner basketball game I’ve been to in 2 years, I believe.

I can pretty much guarantee she feels no shame.[/quote]I no longer feel shame either. I guess I just enjoy watching a dumpster burn in my spare time.

Shhhhh… She was in a top secret meeting pulling all the strings to get us an invite to the SEC. Or perhaps she was with another Niner team that was out of town, either at the football game in San Antonio or with the WBB team in whatever tournament they were in.

If she was at the football game or at a secret meeting trying to get us in the SEC, I’ll give her a pass.

We all know that we are a guard based team, but one problem in the game was that every time Washington or Vanhook would get the ball at the foul line, not once did they turn around to make a jump shot/dribble to the basket to try and get a lay up or foul. Teams notice this and won’t care because there is 0 production.

I agree with this. If you are bad in football and basketball then that is what matters. We aren’t just bad, we are atrocious at both. We sacrificed basketball for football (cusa) and we are awful in football.[/quote]

No we sacrificed basketball by not having football during our first CUSA run. An AD with no vision put us in a conference we didn’t belong in and started our downward spiral. Coming back into CUSA 3.0 just shows how bad it has become.[/quote]

You can be right and wrong at the same time. We sacrificed basketball twice. I’m not saying the second time was worth it or wasn’t worth it, but new CUSA is still a huge step down from the A 10.

And then I have to quote this.

We made 27.5% of our 2-point shot attempts on Saturday and Benas played zero minutes. He can’t be that bad that you don’t even want him on the floor when you can’t make a lay-up to save your life.

Price has ruined all of his good will with me. He has to prove he can do this job from this point forward.

No we sacrificed basketball by not having football during our first CUSA run. An AD with no vision put us in a conference we didn’t belong in and started our downward spiral. Coming back into CUSA 3.0 just shows how bad it has become.[/quote]

Basketball wasn’t sacrificed for anything. It was destroyed by Judy Rose.

Basketball wasn’t sacrificed for anything. It was destroyed by Judy Rose.[/quote]

Hey now. We are still getting new white banners in Halton.