Davidson Home Game 11-12-19 7:00 Tip

Could happen as early as tonight. Second half will be revealing.

revealed!

Dominant game from the tip off. Fun game to watch. Solid play from all our guys on the court

2 Likes

We have a lot of potential if we can consistently play like that. Iā€™m sure consistency will be our biggest problem but we at least have the talent to look really good when weā€™re firing on all cylinders. Itā€™s been a few years since we could say that.

1 Like

Young had a solid outing. Not many points with 7, but was 50% shooting. He did end up with 7 rebounds and 5 assists with only 1 TO. 2 steals and 2 blocks as well. That is pretty solid from a freshman guard 2 games in.

2 Likes

clt says the trophy is back home.

3 Likes

I enjoyed that very much. Much thanks to the Davidson fans for showing up and staying ā€œclassyā€. Too bad we didnā€™t pack the house, because our guys deserved it. That will come if they keep winning.

I get the feeling Williams will be the last to know how great he really is. I would like to see him become much more aggressive around the rim. Speaking of, our guys seem to almost never be in position near the rim for an offensive reboundā€¦Is that their intended scheme?

Happy

1 Like

7 Likes

I was wrong about drew edwards. My lord. He was all over the court. Crow eaten.

Thatā€™s the best Davidson roster since curry was in town. And we just ran them out of the gym. We absolutely dominated. Thatā€™s the best team we will play this year and we kicked their ass.

The defense was devastating. Thatā€™s the best defensive basketball Iā€™ve seen in Halton Arena, no question. We denied the post damn near every possession. I have nightmares of Mckillops back door plays and double screens and they couldnā€™t do any of it tonight.

Young is a Swiss Army knife and holy shit heā€™s going to be good.

If we play like we did tonight we can absolutely beat anyone and everyone left on the schedule, but this is a young roster and I donā€™t see that happening. I could see us getting hot 4 days in March.

I know we have some guys disappointed in PT. Iā€™d be shocked if they werenā€™t, but you can see why he trusts the guys on the floor.

3 Likes

I said it all offseasonā€¦

A real coach and a full roster of real D1 talent is good enough to finish top half of CUSA. We are still not a complete team. We need an alphaā€¦go-toā€¦ take the game over type on offenseā€¦and we need some 3pt shooting threats. But our athletes, our depth and our length is so fun to watch on defense. Against a motion team as efficient as Davidsonā€¦and we locked them down at times for loooong stretches.

We still need piecesā€¦and our core is youngā€¦and we will be inconsistent at times. ā€¦but we are headed in the right direction and will certainly eclipse the ridiculous preseason expectations by the media outlets.

Damn tonight was fun!

FU Davidson!!

3 Likes

We literally dominated EVERY category in the box score.

And Davidson plays such a specific motion-style with a lot of physicalityā€¦some guys just arenā€™t suited for that. Iā€™m sure some of the guys that didnā€™t play tonight will get more PT when we play a against a team that plays a more traditional style of basketball than what Davidson does.

Attendance better pick up after this.
Not sure how we won with Davidson being coached by the most genius coach of all time :roll_eyes:,who somehow continues to have a losing record against us.
Davidson sure didnā€™t bring many fans for a preseason top 25 team, but one asshat was wearing a Curry jersey smack dab at center court. Whoever let that guy have your ticket can go straight to Hell.
All in all, a very pleasant night if your name isnā€™t Bob McKillop.

2 Likes

About damn time.

As much as winning by 30 would have made me happy, Iā€™m glad they made a run and we punched them in the mouth.

Defense looked good. Fought through screens, communicated on switches and closed out with speed. Taller guards out there also help.

I think Sanchez going to 8 man rotation in this game was key. He also called timely timeouts to stop runs and didnā€™t give up too much momentum.

I think some may question the offense to close the game but I think thatā€™s the plan, limit possessions. I wish they would get better shots with under 5 sec left in the shot clock and Iā€™m sure thatā€™s the plan, just gotta execute.

Edwards played great. His 3 to stop the bleeding late in the game was key. Bamba has some big buckets. Overall, great offensive night for all 8 players.

1 Like

Davidson In game message board threadā€¦

https://davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26873&sid=414b12c073a2d546140ec52d469e2448

Attendance 4341

Clearly we have made a department wide shift to count butts in seats. Thatā€™s fine with me. That said, Iā€™ve seen far fewer people in there listed with a much higher number.

1 Like

The Charlotte and Davidson basketball programs are good for each other. We should be packing each othersā€™ houses each year and both occupying the Top 20. There is one program in this state that I only wish hate and failure, and it ainā€™t red. If anything, the repeated failures of our basketball program have really let down the Davidson rivalry and without any fault toward them. Healey, Sanchez, Hill and our POtential, could be so damn powerful that we will one day soon begin to appreciate our purgatory past while we are enjoying a Niner Nirvana.

But, Davidson sucked tonight. At least one or two injuries could have made the game closer. I respect Bob and his work, but his suckass team was dominated tonight by more talented Niners. Suckit Bob. Such is life for them.

Yes I was surprised by the announced number because I have certainly seen fewer with a higher number. Could also just be fewer season tickets sold though. Those people were counted whether they showed up or not

2 Likes

Davidson has been on a funk since the end of last season:

March 2019 - A-10 Tourney Semis: lost to Saint Louis 67-44 (at Brooklyn)

March 2019 - NIT First Round: lost to Lipscomb 89-81 (at Davidson)

Nov 2019 - Veterans Classic: lost to #24 Auburn 76-66 (at Annapolis)

Nov 2019 - Battle for the Hornetsā€™ Nest: lost to Charlotte 71-58 (at Charlotte)

1 Like

They got took to FunkyTown tonight!