Davidson Home Game 11-12-19 7:00 Tip

clt says we may need to cancel the series. No need to drag down our rpi

1 Like

It shouldn’t be true, but it is–my season is made! We do not play anybody else that I care as much about beating as Davidson. I didn’t care this much when we beat them like a rented mule every year, but not even being competitive against them was salt in the wound that had become Charlotte basketball.

Tonight we saw that we are a better team than Davidson, but we are going to be even better in a month. With all of our new guys they are still figuring out how to play as a team, and Sanchez is still finding out what players are capable of in games.

I loved that the team was chatting “Niners” to our “Forty” when they got the trophy. I love that they are having fun.

3 Likes

I think being 1-1 after the first two games is kinda what everyone expected.

That was a great all around game. Felt like the old days of beating them in every facet of the game. Is it just me, or did they look terrible? Maybe it was an off night, but if that’s top 25 material…woof!!

Good to see the guys play much much better D. And everyone in the shout box last week that condemned me for saying I saw potential in Edwards…suck it!!! LOL. He played great.

Good to see Ron really coaching the guys. He worked Shep hard at the end, and it payed off. Shep seemed to take it in, listen, and close out the game well.

On to Wake!!!

I thought an 0-3 start was likely, so very happy with a 1-1 that should be 2-1 after Sunday.

Yeah, I was thinking we could start 1-4, but much higher hopes now. Playing like that we’ll take Wake too. Damn that would be nice.

I want to temper my expectations for Wake and try to talk myself out of expecting to win that game. But, we looked dominant for ~35 minutes tonight against a good team.

We’re gonna be inconsistent. We’re a young team with a lot of new bodies, I’m not at the point where I’ll expect us to beat anyone.

With that being said we looked really good. At the end of the day, only three games in March matter of we’ll make the dance or not.

1 Like

That was a 40 minute orgasm. Awesome effort. Dominated from opening tap to final dunk to end the game. Haven’t felt this good after a b-ball game in a looong time. Need to dissect wake in the same manner.

4 Likes

@sportsmatters (Twitter) is one of the hardest workers in college hoops and makes quite a few trips to Haltron each season. Be sure to give him a follow and check out his stories from last night.

1 Like

The MC running the game was GREAT. Kudos to the ad.

Most of the promotions were the same things they always do, but it flowed so much better. Much more engaging.

Also, RIP this town

2 Likes

Looking forward instead of backward. What a concept!

I wouldn’t mind a similar video montage once we get things turned around. It was also fun looking back and my kids loved seeing the glory days. The problem was the further we got from those days the more painful the video became. Just a reminder of how bad we had become.

3 Likes

Knockerball challenge was missed. Just do tournament style single elimination bracket every timeout through-out the game.

And we learned Charlotte students are VERY polite at southern hospitality musical chairs. I think whomever showed more class was the true winner.

Was Norm at the game? Don’t remember seeing him

clt says kids on unicycles is always a halftime hit

1 Like

Norm was there. Spent some time in 226 with the kids

We have real hope in basketball and football. Man, it’s been a long time coming. :man_dancing:

1 Like

Bamba and Supica combined for 40 minutes, 20 points and 13 rebounds! Great stats from the center position. Very exciting.

3 Likes