Davidson Home Game 11-12-19 7:00 Tip

Anyone got a link to the vid?

The defense held them without point for stretches of 2:52, 3:23, 3:41, 2:09, 2:13, and 5:26. Thatā€™s nineteen minutes.

Weā€™ll win a lot of games keeping teams off the scoreboard like that. Committing 10 fouls in 40 minutes is helpful as well.

3 Likes

You can watch the replay at CUSATV.com for $6.95.

I love how well we played defense last night. We cooled off offensively in the second half but thankfully had a big lead by that point.

I hope wins like last night will start to draw more fans out. I live 90 mins away and couldnā€™t swing it last night.

They need to turn her mic volume down a bit, all I heard was unintelligible screeching. You married guysā€™ ears are trained to do that automatically, I suppose. :wink:

1 Like

The new pre Niners line up introduction video stinks.

Anyone else notice the contrast in styles between our basketball coach and our football coach. Healyā€™s like a boiling pot of water and Ron is like a calm lake.
I wonder if Sanchez followed through on his promise to take off his shirt in the locker room? :smile:

Speaking of coaches, I have to give McKIllop credit for not using their injuries as an excuse for us whipping their ass.

1 Like

I miss the Bud Light Daredevils.

1 Like

Not so sure about this. In second half we gave up 2 straight uncontested layups. He stormed up the sideline looking pretty pissed, stomped his feet while point at the ground demanding a timeout.

In the postgameā€¦Supica said the locker room was ā€œlitā€ after the winā€¦so they were asking him and later Sanchez about Club Lit opening in their locker room . Sanchez was then called out on the postgame interview about not taking his shirt off after his promise to do so with a Davidson winā€¦then he promised once he got back to the locker room he would do it. Sounded very tongue in cheek but it was discussed.

2 Likes

I think this may be true for celebrating, but Ron gets pretty fiery at times.

Yeah, but then he clarified it by saying in the ā€œCoachesā€ locker room.

Iā€™m just really happy for the staff and the kids, they have been through and seen a lot of shitā€¦ This was a long time in the making.

3 Likes

I believe Ron refers to going through a lot of shit as ā€œprocessā€. :thinking:

Iā€™m happy for the diehard basketball fans. Me being one of them. The last six years have been brutal losing to them. F Davidson!!!

6 Likes

Not sure if it is possible to play that well on defense every nightā€¦but the nights we do will be the nights we can win. They were so focused and locked inā€¦communicating and rotating and closing out on EVERY possession and the energy was amazingā€¦

It was a thing of beauty.

Againā€¦hard to believe they can be that locked in on defense every night but when they are they will be fun to watch!!

1 Like

I think ā€œlocking inā€ consistently is something that will have to be coached. You have to ā€œget in shapeā€ to do that on demand.

The nice thing about defense is most of it is effort once you learn the system and it should be pretty reliable game to game.

Exactly. And itā€™s effort as well as fundamentals that have to be coached in.

Davidson is 0-2, and barely beat Glenville State (Div II) in their exhibition. I think they may end up dragging our RPI down this year. :rofl: