Davidson Kool Aid

I see Fowler is piss drunk on the Davidson Kool Aid again. I don’t get the infatuation, nor do I have the foggiest clue how they are ranked #23 in the nation.

I guess going undefeated in league, regardless of how truly bad that league is is more important than beating quality competition. Davidson has as Many top 100 wins as I do… Hell, we are in a “transition” year and have 7 top 100 wins
Davidson is a solid team, but to suggest that anything lower than an 8 or 9 seed is robbery is a reach.

Feel your pain, actually Davidson has beat no one in the top 115. The committee and ESPN seem to think that a good effort in losing to top tier teams is almost as important as a good win. But hey, Davidson is like a mini-memphis, beat up on your scrubby conference, beating teams that would easily be at the bottom of almost any conference in the land (for god sakes I think Gonzaga and Butler play in tougher conferences than Memphis and Davidson) For god sakes Davidson is on a 35-game confernce winning streak. I do respect McKillop however, his teams have just continually gotten better. It almost seems like calapari stayed in cusa for the easy wins. What if UNC-CH or Duke left the ACC to join the horizon league, then they could get a #1 seed just like memphis, the team that can’t hit free throws or spell free throws, on which every player has been fingerprinted, for routinely beating on clown colleges.

[QUOTE=s9er;303568]I see Fowler is piss drunk on the Davidson Kool Aid again. I don’t get the infatuation, nor do I have the foggiest clue how they are ranked #23 in the nation.

I guess going undefeated in league, regardless of how truly bad that league is is more important than beating quality competition. Davidson has as Many top 100 wins as I do… Hell, we are in a “transition” year and have 7 top 100 wins
Davidson is a solid team, but to suggest that anything lower than an 8 or 9 seed is robbery is a reach.[/QUOTE]

I would much rather him drink Kool Aid from a true local team, than him drink the Kool Aid from some ‘local’ team 2 hours away like he usually does.

I agree with you as far as Davidson’s seeding, but it’s hard to complain when a local team gets some love. Even if it is Davidson…and Fowler for that matter.

By the way, Davidson finished the regular season ranked #1 in the Moral Victory Top 25 with 5 quality moral victories over Duke, Chapel Hill, UCLA, Charlotte, and State. They are the #1 overall seed in that Tourney.

We were undefeated against the SoCon too. Big deal. I wish we had 20 games against them too. What the hell kind of conference has 20 games anyway?

[QUOTE=NLP;303578]We were undefeated against the SoCon too. Big deal. I wish we had 20 games against them too. What the hell kind of conference has 20 games anyway?[/QUOTE]

They started full time conference play January 3rd. That is pretty darn early.

By the way, Davidson finished the regular season ranked #1 in the Moral Victory Top 25 with 5 quality moral victories over Duke, Chapel Hill, UCLA, Charlotte, and State. They are the #1 overall seed in that Tourney.

They still lose in the 1st Round.

I see Fowler is piss drunk on the Davidson Kool Aid again. I don't get the infatuation, nor do I have the foggiest clue how they are ranked #23 in the nation.

Davidson is a solid team, but to suggest that anything lower than an 8 or 9 seed is robbery is a reach.

I have told Mike P no less than 10x what a piss poor writer Fowler is. His opinions are always a joke, be it Panthers or college hoops. He must have some great pictures of someone in compromising positions. To be fair the O has had some writers I love to read the past 2 decades, but Fowler is at the bottom of the heap. He is even a douche when he is on FNZ.

Fowler, I bet, has no idea Davidson is “0 for” the last couple years vs the top 100 RPI

[QUOTE=NinerNation Inc.;303584]They still lose in the 1st Round.[/QUOTE]

That’s the point of the Moral Victory Tournament, you don’t have to win, you just have to play a close game…

[QUOTE=metro;303586]I have told Mike P no less than 10x what a piss poor writer Fowler is. His opinions are always a joke, be it Panthers or college hoops. He must have some great pictures of someone in compromising positions. To be fair the O has had some writers I love to read the past 2 decades, but Fowler is at the bottom of the heap. He is even a douche when he is on FNZ.

Fowler, I bet, has no idea Davidson is “0 for” the last couple years vs the top 100 RPI[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Fowler. I stopped reading his garbage a few years ago.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;303576]I would much rather him drink Kool Aid from a true local team, than him drink the Kool Aid from some ‘local’ team 2 hours away like he usually does.

I agree with you as far as Davidson’s seeding, but it’s hard to complain when a local team gets some love. Even if it is Davidson…and Fowler for that matter.

By the way, Davidson finished the regular season ranked #1 in the Moral Victory Top 25 with 5 quality moral victories over Duke, Chapel Hill, UCLA, Charlotte, and State. They are the #1 overall seed in that Tourney.[/QUOTE]

clt doesnt like davidson, but would rather see stories on them than u*c-ch.

Davidson will be a 12 seed, and a dangerous 12 seed at that.

We were undefeated against the SoCon too. Big deal. I wish we had 20 games against them too. What the hell kind of conference has 20 games anyway?
We'll never know for sure, but I have a hard time believing we'd have gone undefeated in the Southern conference if we played a full slate (we did win both those games at home). They have at least 6 or 7 teams better than Monmouth and Hofstra. We'd do quite well, but Davidson's consistency on the road is impressive imo. That said, they obviously have a ceiling, as they're not going to beat very many top 50 teams. We have much greater potential, but also much more aggravating inconsistency. I'd say they deserve a 9 or a 10 seed (and would've barely deserved an at-large if they'd lost last night).

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;303576]By the way, Davidson finished the regular season ranked #1 in the Moral Victory Top 25 with 5 quality moral victories over Duke, Chapel Hill, UCLA, Charlotte, and State. They are the #1 overall seed in that Tourney.[/QUOTE]

Very funny! I laughed out loud.

They are definitely not Top 25 material imo. They are hard to figure out. Winning 35 straight conference games is pretty impressive. BUT losing to all Top 100 is not - doesn’t matter the score. They should probably be a 10-12 seed.

This thread is funny. Everybody still laughing?

Anyone else think that Davidson doing so well makes our rivalry with them so much more sweet? I dont know why I feel that way but I do. I cant wait to go into Belk next year - and I love telling ppl who rant and rave about them… “yeah, we beat them by 9…”

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;308519]Anyone else think that Davidson doing so well makes our rivalry with them so much more sweet? I dont know why I feel that way but I do. I cant wait to go into Belk next year - and I love telling ppl who rant and rave about them… “yeah, we beat them by 9…”[/QUOTE]

It does put more heat on the rivalry. It does not mean I enjoy seeing them win though. I expect them to suck again after they lose curry, but maybe I am wrong. It would be nice to see this develop into a Xavier/Sincy style rivalry and would give us moer pr in the city.

I’m just excited to see Davidson on the cover of SI… PUKE!!

[QUOTE=bball49er;308512]This thread is funny. Everybody still laughing?[/QUOTE]
Just because they have won against two top 50 teams finally, doesn’t change the fact that they were overhyped at the time. Congrats to them for finally performing at a higher level. We were considered marginally good by many and we beat 9 top 100 and 4 of those were top 50.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;308523]It does put more heat on the rivalry. It does not mean I enjoy seeing them win though. I expect them to suck again after they lose curry, …[/QUOTE]
QFT!

I love when people aren’t willing to chime in on stuff at the time it’s being discussed, but when circumstances change suddenly they’re diving into the weeks old threads.

[QUOTE=s9er;308524]I’m just excited to see Davidson on the cover of SI… PUKE!![/QUOTE]

That cover should be copied and posted all over our locker rooms, and in the offices of the folks in our Athletic Department.