Davidson Kool Aid

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;308545]That cover should be copied and posted all over our locker rooms, and in the offices of the folks in our Athletic Department.[/QUOTE]
Make sure to include the one with Drew Lavender of Xavier on the front cover as well… :rolleyes:

Haha I know what you mean…

the beginning, and my favorite part as fickett can attest to, of my davidson fight song is

“Once a score we learn to score, but we still cant make it to a final four”

point being, they’ll suck after curry is gone.

Of course they will suck after Curry is gone. He is a tremendous player and he would be a giant loss for any team. I think Davidson got a lot of unnecessary praise during the regular season, but with wins over Gonzaga and Georgetown, I think they deserve a lot of praise now. Curry hasn’t scored below 30 points in his 3 tourney games. A lot of people seem to forget that this is only his second year in college.

I wouldn’t be so confident that Davidson is going to suck after Curry leaves. I’ve posted a few times on here that I believe Davidson could become Gonzaga of the west coast. The irony of them beating Gonzaga is weird to me. This season could change their program some. The exposure fromthis year could lead to the ability of landing a few higher rated recruits. If they are not able to capitalize on the exposure then yes I agree, they should revert after Curry leaves.

I’m so ready to go into belk next year…

so ready…

[QUOTE=ConcordNiners;308855]Curry hasn’t scored below 30 points in his 3 tourney games.[/QUOTE]
Three games??

[QUOTE=Normmm;308872]I wouldn’t be so confident that Davidson is going to suck after Curry leaves. I’ve posted a few times on here that I believe Davidson could become Gonzaga of the west coast. The irony of them beating Gonzaga is weird to me. This season could change their program some. The exposure fromthis year could lead to the ability of landing a few higher rated recruits. If they are not able to capitalize on the exposure then yes I agree, they should revert after Curry leaves.[/QUOTE]
You mean “the Gonzaga of the East Coast”? Anyways, they will have a hard time landing better recruits because of their location. They won’t find another Curry and even Curry will have some trouble next year with Richardson graduating. I’m confident that they will suck at latest, the second year after Curry leaves.

I'm so ready to go into belk next year..

so ready…

Can we start a “Let’s go Red Sox” chant after they do “their” Sweet Caroline?

edit: found a better vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBoWZPdPCoA&feature=related

Three games??

You mean “the Gonzaga of the East Coast”? Anyways, they will have a hard time landing better recruits because of their location. They won’t find another Curry and even Curry will have some trouble next year with Richardson graduating. I’m confident that they will suck at latest, the second year after Curry leaves.

Yes, East Coast. I hope you’re right. I guess I’m doing the hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Three games??

He’s counting last year’s game vs. Maryland in the tourney

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;309189]He’s counting last year’s game vs. Maryland in the tourney[/QUOTE]

Oh, right.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;309141]Can we start a “Let’s go Red Sox” chant after they do “their” Sweet Caroline?

[/QUOTE]

NO WAY IN HELL!!! We can all agree on 'Let’s Go Niners" though.

NO WAY IN HELL!!! We can all agree on 'Let's Go Niners" though.

Haha what’s more important… your Yankees or banding together with Niner Nation to piss off “Wildcat County”?

Curry will go pro this season. Watch. I know his body needs development, but his stock is really high right now. It would be a big risk to try and come back next year and achieve the exposure and press he is getting this year.

Also, McKillop’s desire to stay at Davidson will be tested. Though he has long planned to retire there, he may have second thoughts if the right offer comes through. Wouldn’t be surprised to watch them both go after this season.

Curry will go pro this season. Watch. .

No way in hell that happens. Maybe after his junior year, but not after this season. No chance at all.

No way in hell that happens. Maybe after his junior year, but not after this season. No chance at all.

Definitely won’t happen and I’ll go as far as to say he plays all four years at Davidson. I’d be VERY surprised if he left early. I get the impression that even if he had the talent to go pro (he does not yet), then he’d still complete his education.

Curry pro? Doubt it. Though the bobcats could use him, even undersized he’s better than what we have…

(for anyone who thinks I’m serious about the bobcats not having better players than steph curry, please re-examine your somewhat sarcasm meter)

what has he got left to prove? This is about as far as he can take Davidson.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;309292]No way in hell that happens. Maybe after his junior year, but not after this season. No chance at all.[/QUOTE]

He might not be likely to do it, but there is definitely a chance. That is pretty broadly known right now. Were you sleeping last weekend?

ESPN reports–

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=TourneyWatch-080327&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos2&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2fdraft2008%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dford_chad%26page%3dTourneyWatch-080327%26lpos%3dspotlight%26lid%3dtab3pos2

Up until the tournament the consensus on Curry going pro was no. After last weekend the talk has changed and he is being named a potential late first rounder. If he has another run this weekend, I would say there is a good chance he is gone.

After tonights performance, it looks like my point might be closer to happening:

McKillop will get some looks. Remember when Bruce Pearl took Milwaukee-Wis to the Elite 8? Who had heard of him before that? Watch McKillop bolt as he may be able to triple or quadruple his salary if the right offer comes in. I haven’t checked if there are any big openings out there besides Indiana. Anyone know?

Curry-- Lebron seemed impressed. The guy is killing it. At minimum I think he declares for the draft without hiring an agent to test the water. His stock is as high as it may get. How could he repeat this?
If Felton can be a lottery pick, then Curry can be a first rounder.

After tonights performance, it looks like my point might be closer to happening:

McKillop will get some looks. Remember when Bruce Pearl took Milwaukee-Wis to the Elite 8? Who had heard of him before that? Watch McKillop bolt as he may be able to triple or quadruple his salary if the right offer comes in. I haven’t checked if there are any big openings out there besides Indiana. Anyone know?

Curry-- Lebron seemed impressed. The guy is killing it. I think he declares pro. How could he repeat this?
If Felton can be a lottery pick, then Curry can be a first rounder.

McKillop would be an idiot to stay if the money is good at a decent school. This is the best Davidson will ever do again, Curry is a once in a lifetime player.

That said, Curry is a 4 year guy.