Davidson pays students to goto Sweet 16

[URL=http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23818375/][COLOR=green]http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23818375/[/COLOR][/URL]

Awesome deal for current students. What is Davidson’s enrollment? Isn’t it under 2K?

a bus ride to detroit? No thanks. That’d be like 15 hours

11 hours, but there is bad weather from Cincinnati north. It might clear before tomorrow though.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;309098]a bus ride to detroit? No thanks. That’d be like 15 hours[/QUOTE]

For free? COUNT ME IN.

I got to say, I would take them up on this offer. Especically if I were paying $41K a year there.

Another classy move by Davidson.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;309098]a bus ride to detroit? No thanks. That’d be like 15 hours[/QUOTE]

I would WALK to Detroit in the snow to see the 49ers if we were in the Sweet 16.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;309110]I would WALK to Detroit in the snow to see the 49ers if we were in the Sweet 16.[/QUOTE]

Backed so hard.

I wonder if davidson will give me tickets for my months of support?

[QUOTE=bball49er;309109]Another classy move by Davidson.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Of course, it’s not likely there are too many DC alums in the Michigan area. They need someone to cheer.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;309112]I wonder if davidson will give me tickets for my months of support?[/QUOTE]
Red cape and tights… I’m sure they would arrange something.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;309110]I would WALK to Detroit in the snow to see the 49ers if we were in the Sweet 16.[/QUOTE]I’d just drive myself. Bus rides always add a solid 1-2 hours to any trip. When I went on a field trip to D.C. back in 8th grade, it took us 10 hours to get to D.C. It took us like 4 to get to Biltmore and 5 to get to Raleigh.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;309124]I’d just drive myself. Bus rides always add a solid 1-2 hours to any trip. When I went on a field trip to D.C. back in 8th grade, it took us 10 hours to get to D.C. It took us like 4 to get to Biltmore and 5 to get to Raleigh.[/QUOTE]

So, you’d rather pay the money and have the wear and tear on your car as a college student then to ride for free?

Yeah, that makes sense.

If it meant not having to ride on a damn bus for 700 miles, yes. Buses are cramped and uncomfortable.

In 1976 I rode one of three buses the University chartered to NYC for the NIT. It was a solid 12 hours, but we didn’t care, we were students and huge 49er fans. Back then the NCAA was only 32 teams, and the NIT was a big deal. We had a blast, saw three 49er games, including the NC State win, and the UK loss in the championship.

Those Davidson buses will be jammed with students, because they’re caught up in the NCAA excitement of being this year’s Cinderella team. They’d be on the bus, even if it was going to Seattle, especially with the school paying the tab!

If it meant not having to ride on a damn bus for 700 miles, yes. Buses are cramped and uncomfortable.
A school bus maybe. Chartered buses aren't cramped, not compared to drving anyway.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;309132]A school bus maybe. Chartered buses aren’t cramped, not compared to drving anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no doubt.

davidson fans arent hardcore enough to drive up there themselves.

sorry - just sayin’

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;309132]A school bus maybe. Chartered buses aren’t cramped, not compared to drving anyway.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I’ve been on many charter buses and have been miserable on any trip that lasted over a couple of hours.

did you have a cooler of beer and a head in the rear of the bus? Kmakes all the difference in the world.

Call me crazy, but I didn’t think Davidson would win either game that they’ve played so far, simply bc they just have not closed against good teams in the past. I think out of the other 15 teams, they got a damn good draw in Wisconsin. Wisconsin plays a very good defense, but struggles to get things going on the offensive side often. If they can’t contain Mr. Curry, which they’ve had a week now to prepare for, dare I say that our little brothers from accross the way that we beat up on all of the time might end up in the final 8?

Dear God I hope not.