Davidson rivalry tees

This was mentioned in another thread, and I made a few quick (seriously, I spent like no time on these) sketches.

An explanation for the “Foo Foo” designs can be found here

the foo foo ones suck because no one will know what they mean.

And the other two…spoonerisms are old and overplayed. heavily.

[QUOTE=The Lax;440100]the foo foo ones suck because no one will know what they mean.[/QUOTE]

They will… and I’m sure that shirt will piss them off more than “Duck Favidson”

Click the link and read that thread. Some of them are genuinely offended by the fact that a sportswriter said that in a column praising their favorite son.

Image their reaction if they saw us putting that on tee shirts?:lmao:

26-10 is not a rivalry…put that on a shirt and see how they react.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;440102]26-10 is not a rivalry…put that on a shirt and see how they react.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but then we would have to print new shirts every year.

Davidson is a College…

and Duck Favidson is not something I would wear to a family event. It just doesnt seem appropriate.

Sort of like the “I get it every morning” T-shirt that I got my freshman year when I subsribed to the Observer.

My mom was not real happy when I came home wearing that.

[QUOTE=49CentsWorth;440111]Sort of like the “I get it every morning” T-shirt that I got my freshman year when I subsribed to the Observer.

My mom was not real happy when I came home wearing that.[/QUOTE]

What?

I like things to be simple.

“DAVIDSON SUCKS.”

Why not make shirts for a team that isn’t terrible?

Lew, other than a small handful of posters on this board, and about a dozen on their board, no one would get the “foo-foo” one.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;440108]Davidson is a College…

and Duck Favidson is not something I would wear to a family event. It just doesnt seem appropriate.[/QUOTE]

And the castration of the American sporting event continues…

I can understand the censoring the “bull****” and “you suck” chants but censoring a t-shirt that a kid isn’t going to get anyway… come on.

Before you know it, we’ll be high-fiving fans of the other team while we cheer for both teams on every play!

[QUOTE=Powerbait;440114]Why not make shirts for a team that isn’t terrible?[/QUOTE]

Show me a rival that isn’t terrible?

[QUOTE=thelew1014;440118]Show me a rival that isn’t terrible?[/QUOTE]

Since rivalries are generally fan manufactured anyway, you could say we have a budding rivalry with Dayton because we beat them. Or, on the flipside, with Richmond cause they beat us. Either one is better than Davidson.

I still like, if only for this year, “26-10 is not a rivalry.”

Or maybe, “26-10” on the front and “It’s only a rivalry when it’s CLOSE” on the back.

[QUOTE=49erDrummer;440123]
Or maybe, “26-10” on the front and “It’s only a rivalry when it’s CLOSE” on the back.[/QUOTE]

I like this idea.

“Charlotte’s basketball program is far superior to Davidson’s as proven by the 26-10 head-to-head record at the time this shirt was printed.”

That sounds pretty catchy to me.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;440116]And the castration of the American sporting event continues…

I can understand the censoring the “bull****” and “you suck” chants but censoring a t-shirt that a kid isn’t going to get anyway… come on.

Before you know it, we’ll be high-fiving fans of the other team while we cheer for both teams on every play![/QUOTE]

im as hard a fan as they come, but it wont fly. Thats the reality of it.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;440122]Since rivalries are generally fan manufactured anyway, you could say we have a budding rivalry with Dayton because we beat them. Or, on the flipside, with Richmond cause they beat us. Either one is better than Davidson.[/QUOTE]

???

Dayton is just another game on the schedule. Sure, there’s a little bit of hostility between us and Richmond… but is it mutual? They don’t even care enough about their team to fill their arena, let alone build a rivalry.

Quit trying to make something out of nothing.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;440129]im as hard a fan as they come, but it wont fly. Thats the reality of it.[/QUOTE]

I know. Because we’re a bunch of *******.