Dear consulting group...

It is idiot moves like this that have really killed morale I have for my university. The hopes I have of us actually going somewhere are slim. At least in the near future.
I havenā€™t heard jack about UT Arlington so what did they really do? Athletics are key to marketing. We live in America! See Virginia Tech and what the success of their football team has done for the school. See South Floridaā€™s game from Saturday and the exposure they are getting. See how the freaking Carolina Panthers have made Charlotte recognizable from coast to coast. Itā€™s really quite simple. Most people outside of the state that recognize our school have seen our names on NCAA Tourney brackets, Old C-USA ESPN Games, Cincy rivalry, etc. Pay me the freaking money now! Forget the bogus consultants.

This hit me about an hour ago:

Is there any chance in hell that the University has decided to change the name, and that we are doing a branding study to promote the name change?

It might beā€¦but if that were the case, youā€™d wake up from your dream of watching the 49ers in person at the Fiesta Bowl.

At least we arent using the same people again that came up with ā€œ49er Pride!ā€

But in all seriousnessā€¦ what a huge ****ing waste of money.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;201656]
At least we arent using the same people again that came up with ā€œ49er Pride!ā€
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if thatā€™s the same group that came up with PackPride (NCSU), Purple Pride (KSU), and Gay Pride (unc-chapel hill).

Academics and Athletics (mainly football or basketball) are the only thing I can think of that gives a school any branding recognition.

So, why are we paying 250,000? We need FOOTBALL, MED SCHOOL, LAW SCHOOL, or SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY. Iā€™ll take any of them. Mainly football AND more post-graduate curriculums.

And speaking to the MASSIVE amount of press and local attorney involvement around the new Charlotte School of Law, if UNC Charlotte had taken the time to do it first, they would be EATING UP ALL THAT COVERAGE right now. But instead, my private, for profit school is getting all of that attention. I think it is utterly retarded that UNC Charlotte is SCARED to do things, and thatā€™s what it really boils down to. A city this large with no med school, no college football, and no (until now) law school, and a 21,000 student university not filling needs. No wonder they get labeled a commuter school, the administration cares about as much as the students.

Carolinaā€™s Medical Center has residents, a med school would not be a total shock.

in all seriousnessā€¦have they knocked down the legendary ugly sign at the entrance? If you want a brand, the first thing to do is have an accepted logo of sorts, and how that sign survived so long is beyond belief.

Freakin Wingate and York Tech have far better entries.

I know it was part of the supposed ā€œmaster planā€ but that sign alone is proof that the school has no concept of marketing to the public.

nope sign is still there. My middle school had a nicer sign than that.

[QUOTE]My middle school had a nicer sign than that.[/QUOTE]

So did mine now that you mention it.

every subdivision in Charlotte has a better entry than UNCC.

that is not an exaggeration.

David Dunn was interviewed during halftime. What did he say?

Freakin Wingate and York Tech have far better entries.

They have tailgating tooā€¦ You dojnā€™t know how hard it is to drive by their top tier high school football stadium on an early Saturday and see folks out there tailgating at freaking Wingate. I think I may buy tickets and go to their games next year, might as wellā€¦

David Dunn was interviewed during halftime. What did he say?

who interviewed him?

[QUOTE=ninermac;201698]They have tailgating tooā€¦ You dojnā€™t know how hard it is to drive by their top tier high school football stadium on an early Saturday and see folks out there tailgating at freaking Wingate. I think I may buy tickets and go to their games next year, might as wellā€¦[/QUOTE]

amen.
I would give my left leg to pack up on Saturday morning with the wife, kids and grill, to tailgate with old alum friends and some people off this board at an upgraded Belk track for a game vs Wofford, App, Gard Webb, Furman, or any 1AA opponent. It just is not as complicated as our mgmt tries to make it sound.

Name change first, then football.
The name change will help in the promotion for Football.
How do you promote Football for a University without a name?

who interviewed him?

The guy who does our radio broadcasts.

Letā€™s just burn all the Niner Nation shirts and replace them with UNC - C shirts!

what about University of Hyphen

Link: [URL=http://southcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2003&tid=82721351&mid=82721351&sid=1017&style=2][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Green]THE PROOF[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/URL] needed for a name change and a football team now.