Dear consulting group...

Anyone seen this?

http://stamats.com/resources/taglinerepository/resultsbytag.asp

I hope they dont come up with something shitty for us. OMG. This is such garbage. Its hard to want to get involved with the school when as a first year alum I already disagree with so much of what they are working towards (or not working towards)

[B]Advantage[/B]. That’s Georgia State’s tag line? I sure as hell hope that didn’t cost $250,000.

[QUOTE=HP49er;201725][B]Advantage[/B]. That’s Georgia State’s tag line? I sure as hell hope that didn’t cost $250,000.[/QUOTE]
[B]University of Illinois:[/B] “Always thinking”
…well, it is a UNIVERSITY
[B]University of Ottawa:[/B] [I]“Canada’s university”[/I]
[B]Carleton University:[/B] [I]“Canada’s Capital University”[/I]

…Certainly this isn’t for real… I wonder how much that cost them…

Did they do research on a branding firm before they picked one? Seriously, HOW THE HELL DOES A COMPANY LIKE THAT GET SO MUCH MONEY? I could do better with my ****ing eyes closed and my brain shut off.

Anyone seen this?

http://stamats.com/resources/taglinerepository/resultsbytag.asp

I hope they dont come up with something shitty for us. OMG. This is such garbage. Its hard to want to get involved with the school when as a first year alum I already disagree with so much of what they are working towards (or not working towards)

The taglines are hysterical in a Hallmark greeting cards kind of way. And their website is nothing to write home about.

I just started reading them and already I’m chuckling. I like the one for the Univeristy of Alaska at Fairbanks: “America’s arctic university?

They included a question mark? Like, maybe it really isn’t America’s arctic university? Was anyone’s opinion of the school changed by that motto? Did this influence anyone’s decision to attend there? 'I want to go to UAF, where it might be America’s arctic university’ I’m sure the motto was a big hit in the city of Fairbanks as well.

So, two different schools come to them and this is what each one gets? That is like when I turned in my High School Senior Exit research paper as my Freshman English Research Paper… Except where they got paid a butt load of money…

[B]lees-McRae College North Carolina: [/B][I]“Above and beyond”[/I]
[B]Baylor University: [/B][I]“Above. Beyond.”[/I]

Well I mean shit. What do those taglines invoke in a prospective student? Nothing really. I mean, its nothing the school couldnt come up with internally for free.

[QUOTE=survivor45;201729]I’m sure the motto was a big hit in the city of Fairbanks as well.[/QUOTE]

Winter Fun, Midninight Sun is their tag line. Far better than the one for America’s Arctic University.
However, I’m not sure I want to visit, [URL=http://www.explorefairbanks.com/Authentic/index.cfm?action=Cover&AuthenticID=11][B]http://www.explorefairbanks.com/Authentic/index.cfm?action=Cover&AuthenticID=11[/B][/URL].

We should turn this into a game.

Which college has the tagline “[B][I]An International University for the Arts[/I][/B]”

a) Miami International University of Arts and Design - Miami, Fl
b) Cite Internationale des Arts - Paris, France
c) Savannah College of Art and Design - Savannah, GA
d) European College of Liberal Arts - Berlin, Germany

[QUOTE=survivor45;201737]Which college has the tagline “[B][I]An International University for the Arts[/I][/B]”[/QUOTE]
[SIZE=7][B]CPCC?[/B][/SIZE]

cpcc… isnt that the uh, uncc thing up in north charlotte?

:lmao:

The correct answer is C -

Savannah College of Art and Design “[B][I]An International University for the Arts[/I][/B]”

Here is my addition

UNC Charlotte
[B]“A place to flourish”[/B]

PAY ME SUCKER!

[QUOTE=HP49er;201715]Let’s just burn all the Niner Nation shirts and replace them with UNC - C shirts![/QUOTE]

No more having to explain how we got the name “49ers”.

Our new identity: “UNC-C Little Heels”

No more having to explain how we got the name "49ers".

Our new identity: “UNC-C Little Heels”

And add the new tagline: “THE Urban Branch of Chapel Hill.”

best thread.

[IMG]http://growabrain.typepad.com/growabrain/images/money_to_burn.jpg[/IMG]

its not that funny when you have 14,000 in student loans.

okay maybe it is. :silly:

I love this one.

I imagine a bunch of suits sitting at a meeting table at Washburn University awaiting the unveiling of the university’s new tagline. There is a nervous tension in the air as they await the expensive new motto that they are convinced will pay dividends in the future.

The stamats representative is standing in front of his presentation board with a black cloak covering the mysterious tagline that the university officials have pinned onto their hopes for a better future.

The moment finally comes and the black cloak is lifted with much fanfare.

WHOOSH

Washburn University’s new tagline?

[B][I]“Why Washburn?”[/I][/B]
[B][/B]
That’s it.

I love this one.

I imagine a bunch of suits sitting at a meeting table at Washburn University awaiting the unveiling of the university’s new tagline. There is a nervous tension in the air as they await the expensive new motto that they are convinced will pay dividends in the future.

The stamats representative is standing in front of his presentation board with a black cloak covering the mysterious tagline that the university officials have pinned onto their hopes for a better future.

The moment finally comes and the black cloak is lifted with much fanfare.

WHOOSH

Washburn University’s new tagline?

“Why Washburn?”

That’s it.

i would have lost my lunch.