Defensive coordinator & other staff changes

Can anyone confirm that West has been fired?

Itā€™s possible that he may stay on the staff, just not as the DC

Heā€™s an excellent P5 quality position coach but donā€™t know if we can afford to keep him there. As far as I know the only thing official has been Hunters tweet.

I think that entirely possible.

This is happening.

Kind of awkward to have him still on the staff coaching the defense in a different role, I donā€™t know how it exactly works in college if a new DC comes in wonā€™t he want his own DL coach, LB coach and secondary coach? Or does he just have to work with what Healy hasā€¦?

1 Like

He would have input Iā€™m sure but no way DC comes in and cleans house. Would piss off Healys wife on date night losing the girlfriends. I would assume the HC still has full control over coaches.

This could be why we havenā€™t been able to hire anyone yet. Could definitely turn some candidates away if they canā€™t have input on who is working under them.

Maybe not. Maybe future DC is told he wonā€™t ever get fired, only demoted. Our position coaches will eventually be ex-DC.

1 Like

This is what happens when instead of hiring the best available candidates for a position, you hire all your college buddies from your playing days. It becomes real hard to fire anyone. Absolutely unbelievable that West is still on the staff in any capacity.

5 Likes

Iā€™m tired of Healy dancing around and trying not to offend West. The future of our program is at stake and we need to hire a defensive coordinator immediately for recruiting.

2 Likes

Co-defensive?
the naked gun facepalm GIF

7 Likes

Is it safe to assume a ā€œCo-Defensive coordinatorā€ gets paid less than a ā€œDefensive Coordinatorā€? Maybe thatā€™s why there was a money issue for some candidates if that was the issue. And Iā€™d have to assume a ā€œCo-ā€œ setup is not as enticing to most. GTFOOH!

1 Like

Co defensive coordinator???

Throw Up Game Of Thrones GIF

6 Likes

Letā€™s look at the bright side, if he sucks heā€™ll only be here one year. Heck, if heā€™s great heā€™ll only be here one year too. He must be a people person. Should fit in great on the coaches dates night. :-1:

1 Like

If you need 2, you have none.

2 Likes

Seems like a more experienced guy than Healy usually hires. I think that will help. Not in love with the co-defensive coordinator thing either. I guess there are reasons for it. That is a lot of NFL and P5 experience. I can only pray it is an improvement over last year. The end of the season was downright painful. Hoping for the best.

2 Likes

I bet he hasnā€™t emptied his suitcase in a while with all the traveling he has done. That is a lot of jobs held.

1 Like
2 Likes