Delhomme Done....thoughts?

I don’t think you can blame it all on Carr (as scarring as it is that I actually had to type that sentence). You could blame him on the pass protection, but why can’t our running game generate any yards? It was a problem last year, so we switched schemes. Now we’re having the same issues. The other teams aren’t always putting eight in the box, they do occasionally roll out to defend the pass. And I might agree with you if it hadn’t been a problem before this year, but since 2003 the Panthers have not had a solid line.

I don't think you can blame it all on Carr (as scarring as it is that I actually had to type that sentence). You could blame him on the pass protection, but why can't our running game generate any yards? It was a problem last year, so we switched schemes. Now we're having the same issues. The other teams aren't always putting eight in the box, they do occasionally roll out to defend the pass. And I might agree with you if it hadn't been a problem before this year, but since 2003 the Panthers have not had a solid line.

The O Line hasn’t played great. But you can blame it on Carr…and completely. The running game cannot have success when there’s not only no threat at quarterback, but they want him to throw it…bad…so they’re concentrating on the run. Now they don’t even have to double Smith because Carr can’t even throw it to him wide open. It affects the running game damn plenty, believe me. If we had Peyton Manning, or to a lesser extent, had Jake back, our running game would work miles better.

Granted, Carr is one of the worst players to put on a Carolina uniform, maybe even on par with Sean Gilbert, but he’s not the only problem. The line struggled with Jake last season as well. On the other hand, if Matt Moore gets behind center and they put on a clinic, I’ll be glad to say I was wrong.

82 yards total by the third quarter? This is just ugly. So why is Matt Moore not getting a chance to start for the Panthers?

82 yards total by the third quarter? This is just ugly. So why is Matt Moore not getting a chance to start for the Panthers?

Ridiculous to me. We know what Vinny has…he was a position filler if we had any chance. Now we don’t…give this kid a chance.

it sucks for the panthers they won last week, thats at least one draft spot they dropped.

So ok, foot in mouth time. I talked trash about the o-line, then look what happens. Matt Moore steps in and poof, zero sacks and a win. Amazing what happens when a real QB steps behind center.

[QUOTE=Boomer31;277730]So ok, foot in mouth time. I talked trash about the o-line, then look what happens. Matt Moore steps in and poof, zero sacks and a win. Amazing what happens when a real QB steps behind center.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn’t go that far. i would say see what happens when your offensive linemen respect the guy throwing the ball.