Delhomme Done....thoughts?

Do the Carolina Panthers have a school? I didn't attend it, maybe you did. Professional teams are different from collegiate teams, if you want to impose a Hitler rule on me that says I have to pull for the Panthers because they are the home town team, then go ahead. I guess i'll ignore it. I would like to see you go tell all the Cowboys fans that show up in Bank of America stadium that they have to pull for the Panthers because they live in North/South Carolina. It sure didn't happen last year when there were plenty of Cowboys fans left after the Panthers when Marion Barber was just racking up TD's and over half the stadium was empty.

BTW I’ve been to a Panther’s games before (When Beuerlein was QB) where over half the people left and the Panthers went down scored a TD quick and was a 2pt conversion away from tying.

No hard feelings though, I just don’t think I should be forced to pull for the Panthers over the Cowboys because they are in the same state I live in.

Again I’m not speaking for the average fan. I was there every home game during the 1-15 season, and every game for the super bowl season. Win, lose or draw, I’m there. You yourself admitted that you started rooting for the Cowboys because there wasnt a team around. That’s all I wanted. Now, there is, yet you still prefer the Cowboys. It’s personal choice. Go for it. You’re the one that admitted your tie to them was choosing a random team to root for because there wasnt a team around. And what does fans leaving early have to do with it at all? All those Cowboys fans you’re talking about are the same thing you are, and that’s why I don’t like them. They jumped on a bandwagon because there was no team around. Although I do condede that everyone has to root for someone, team around or not…I’m sure you weren’t searching NFL.com for the worst team in the league to root for…so what’s wrong with people leaving early if the team is losing bad, based on the opinion of someone who chose a team to root for based mostly I’m guessing on their successes and market? I don’t know what point you’re trying to make about people leaving early during a blowout though…I dont remember seeing any Cowboys fans in the 4th quarter of the 29-10 win last time Carolina played Dallas in the playoffs…and I wouldn’t have expected them to be anyway… after all…they only root for them because there used to be no team around, right?

I don’t see how a pro team is different than a college team. I was born close to DC and until 1995 was a Redskin fan. I went to games, lived down the street from Mark Mosley, the place kicker, and was as big a fan as could be. When the Panthers came to town though I had to place my loyalty where it belongs… with the hometown team. Sure I was born close to DC, but we left in 1980 and really why would I care if the people in DC are happy or not… I am in Charlotte NC! In the college game you go to the school and that is what creates the loyalty, in the NFL you would be from that city. If someone was actually from Dallas and came to Charlotte then I can maybe understand staying a Dallas fan. If you just grew up a Dallas fan and simply choose to keep them as your #1 team that really does not make sense to me. I think it is very similar to growing up a Chapel Hill fan, coming to Charlotte and staying a Chapel Hill just because that is how you grew up.

[QUOTE=WBNiner;262012]I don’t see how a pro team is different than a college team. I was born close to DC and until 1995 was a Redskin fan. I went to games, lived down the street from Mark Mosley, the place kicker, and was as big a fan as could be. When the Panthers came to town though I had to place my loyalty where it belongs… with the hometown team. Sure I was born close to DC, but we left in 1980 and really why would I care if the people in DC are happy or not… I am in Charlotte NC! In the college game you go to the school and that is what creates the loyalty, in the NFL you would be from that city. If someone was actually from Dallas and came to Charlotte then I can maybe understand staying a Dallas fan. If you just grew up a Dallas fan and simply choose to keep them as your #1 team that really does not make sense to me. I think it is very similar to growing up a Chapel Hill fan, coming to Charlotte and staying a Chapel Hill just because that is how you grew up.[/QUOTE]

QFT. Gill…KTown…somebody give this thing the stamp.

I grew up a Pittsburgh Steelers fan…because my mom and grandfather were Steelers fans, and there was no “home team” for which to root. That all changed in 1995. No discussion necessary.

[QUOTE=49erDrummer;262017]That all changed in 1995. No discussion necessary.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly. Once we got our own team, there was no need to pull for another one,

OK, I’m just wondering if I should get into the argument or not. Are you only speaking of people who were here without the Panthers not switching once the Panthers were here, or are you also talking about people who lived in other places and moved here and took their favorite team with them? I am not from Charlotte. Therefore, I have my team from South Florida who I keep as my own no matter how bad they are and have been the past few years. I root for the Panthers, but when the Fins come into town, I am not wearing blue on that day. I have no affiliation with the Cats other then I moved here from somewhere else. Now, if you are saying that I am wrong to still root for Miami, I have a problem with that, but if not, carry on with your argument without me bc I have nothing to argue.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;262033]OK, I’m just wondering if I should get into the argument or not. Are you only speaking of people who were here without the Panthers not switching once the Panthers were here, or are you also talking about people who lived in other places and moved here and took their favorite team with them? I am not from Charlotte. Therefore, I have my team from South Florida who I keep as my own no matter how bad they are and have been the past few years. I root for the Panthers, but when the Fins come into town, I am not wearing blue on that day. I have no affiliation with the Cats other then I moved here from somewhere else. Now, if you are saying that I am wrong to still root for Miami, I have a problem with that, but if not, carry on with your argument without me bc I have nothing to argue.[/QUOTE]

No, no…personally I say that’s very different. I mean, if I were to move to Green Bay in a couple years, I’m not gonna switch and be a Packers fan…I’m bringing my Panthers with me.

No, no...personally I say that's very different. I mean, if I were to move to Green Bay in a couple years, I'm not gonna switch and be a Packers fan...I'm bringing my Panthers with me.

Yeah, that’s how I feel. What if you move a lot with your job? That would be nuts to change teams everytime you move.

The difference in college and pro is, pro teams move and people move, but your college will never change.

The difference in college and pro is, pro teams move and people move, but your college will never change.

I agree. I am and have always been a die hard Cane fan, but if the Canes ever take the field against the Charlotte 49ers football team, I will not be wearing any orange that game. I will be wearing green, but it will be 9er green.

OK, I'm just wondering if I should get into the argument or not. Are you only speaking of people who were here without the Panthers not switching once the Panthers were here, or are you also talking about people who lived in other places and moved here and took their favorite team with them? I am not from Charlotte. Therefore, I have my team from South Florida who I keep as my own no matter how bad they are and have been the past few years. I root for the Panthers, but when the Fins come into town, I am not wearing blue on that day. I have no affiliation with the Cats other then I moved here from somewhere else. Now, if you are saying that I am wrong to still root for Miami, I have a problem with that, but if not, carry on with your argument without me bc I have nothing to argue.

That is very different. If I moved I would still support the home team, but not over the Panthers. That’s why I keep up the insult that none of those “5 RINGS!” people (that have no rings on their fingers) are from Dallas or have any tie to the team other than “there was no team around.” If this wasn’t the case, Pittsburgh would be fanless…

Anyways, THANK YOU for FINALLY someone backing me up. I thought I was alone. I just always thought it was hypocritical that the Dallas fans (not from Dallas and ‘growing up watching them without another team’) could say anything about Chapel Hill fans wearing that crap all over Charlotte’s campus. They can go on rooting for the Cowboys all they want…personal choice is personal choice. The problem is it fits the definition of hypocrisy, yet they won’t admit it. I just see too many similarities in the Dallas bandwagoners and the Chapel Hill ones…especially the hypocrisy, no personal ties to the team other than bandwagoning or following in daddys footsteps with no personal opinion, and one thing always remains…they always talk about all those rings, but they’re never wearing them.

(yes. i know fans don’t get rings in superbowls. but it’s not literal. here’s a hint cowboys fans. don’t talk crap about things you weren’t even BORN to see from teams that you don’t have ties to. thanks.)

[QUOTE=ninerball49;261252]#1 overall…he’s no scrub…stick tony romo on the texans of the past 5 years, let’s see what happens.[/QUOTE]

OUCH! No scrub huh? “WE WANT MOORE!” Stick Tony Romo on the Texans, nah I’ll take that 10-1 record with the Cowboys. Carr is just as bad as Tim Couch, just because he’s #1 overall doesn’t mean the guy is not a scrub. He is the king of scrubs right now, when the fans were chanting, did you chant with them?

[QUOTE=ninerball49;262057]That is very different. If I moved I would still support the home team, but not over the Panthers. That’s why I keep up the insult that none of those “5 RINGS!” people (that have no rings on their fingers) are from Dallas or have any tie to the team other than “there was no team around.” If this wasn’t the case, Pittsburgh would be fanless…

Anyways, THANK YOU for FINALLY someone backing me up. I thought I was alone. I just always thought it was hypocritical that the Dallas fans (not from Dallas and ‘growing up watching them without another team’) could say anything about Chapel Hill fans wearing that crap all over Charlotte’s campus. They can go on rooting for the Cowboys all they want…personal choice is personal choice. The problem is it fits the definition of hypocrisy, yet they won’t admit it. I just see too many similarities in the Dallas bandwagoners and the Chapel Hill ones…especially the hypocrisy, no personal ties to the team other than bandwagoning or following in daddys footsteps with no personal opinion, and one thing always remains…they always talk about all those rings, but they’re never wearing them.

(yes. i know fans don’t get rings in superbowls. but it’s not literal. here’s a hint cowboys fans. don’t talk crap about things you weren’t even BORN to see from teams that you don’t have ties to. thanks.)[/QUOTE]

Born to see? I’ll tell you one thing, using your logic, I should be a New Orleans Hornets fan. That was the hometown franchise growing up. Guess I should have been a Falcons fan as well. I give the Panthers a few $ of my money each year, but to sit here and whine about someone pulling for another team outside their area is dumb. Am I hurting you in any way? When the Panthers beat the Cowboys in the playoffs (both times), I heard it night and day from Panther fans.

I know plenty of people that wore Cowboys coats, jerseys, etc. throughout the year that had Panthers shirts, jerseys, etc. on the next day. You know what? I took the pounding, now that I’m dishing it back out now it seems like quite a few Panthers fans can’t take it.

I haven’t read one post in this thread so I have no idea what’s been said… I’m worried he may never fully recover from his injury; however, as long as the Panthers keep their present group of QBs, he is NOT done.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;271162]I haven’t read one post in this thread so I have no idea what’s been said… I’m worried he may never fully recover from his injury; however, as long as the Panthers keep their present group of QBs, he is NOT done.[/QUOTE]

from what i’ve seen in the past nfl qb’s recover well from tommy john’s surgery.

Moore. I said it since day 1. hes the second coming.

by the way, to whoever asked earliar: brett basanez got hurt in the pre-season. i really hope someone hits fox upside the head with a blunt metal object and knock some sense into him. we DON’T have stephen davis anymore (hb draws don’t work) and this QB thing is ridiculous. Moore should be our starter for the rest of the year. The rest of our schedule is the 49ers (could be a win, unfortunately we are at home so we’ll blow it), the Cowboys (a loss), the Jaguars (a loss), the Seahawks (a loss), and the Bucs (a loss, unless Garcia gets hurt). We might as well give the kid a shot, we have nothing to lose. The team will finish at 4-12 this year, we’ll get a good draft pick, hopefully fox will get the axe and next year will be better.

on a sad note, i think the only way we get to be decent in the next few years is dismantle the older guys on the roster and trade for young talent and draft picks. meaning, we have to trade peppers and smitty. granted, if this happens i’ll probably be in a state of mourning for quite some time, but it’s really the only way to get good anytime soon.

beware the pooch punt (seriously, what the heck was that?!)

[QUOTE=BigCountry49er;271173] meaning, we have to trade peppers and smitty. [\QUOTE]

I move to have this 2 post interloper Atlanta Falcon fan banned from the board! Just kidding!

They can keep 89 and 90 with no problems, its the D and O lines that need focus, because I gave up on the Panthers ever having a good secondary a long time ago.

Here’s who I keep:

Smith, Peppers, Beason, Wahle, Gross, Davis, Delhomme. Everyone else is a toss up.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;271481]

I move to have this 2 post interloper Atlanta Falcon fan banned from the board! Just kidding!

They can keep 89 and 90 with no problems, its the D and O lines that need focus, because I gave up on the Panthers ever having a good secondary a long time ago.

Here’s who I keep:

Smith, Peppers, Beason, Wahle, Gross, Davis, Delhomme. Everyone else is a toss up.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so you aren’t keeping Richard Marshall? I’m sorry but I’d keep Marshall, Hoover, and Drew Carter in addition to those others.

EDIT- Oh and Kris Jenkins and Dan Morgan… they might not be able to play but 2 games a year, but those 2 games will be at pro bowl quality. :biggrin:

Honestly I’m not sure Wahle or any of the o-line deserves to stay. The one thing that’s been a constant almost every year since the Super Bowl run is a weak offensive line. We’ve switched coaches, switched schemes to the zone blocking technique and nothing’s worked. We need to just admit we made a mistake in signing Hartwig and get rid of him, Wahle, Bridges and Jordan Gross. Sure, Wahle and Gross are decent, but we’re not paying them average player money, we’re paying them top dollar. Whoever’s behind center next season, be it Delhomme, Basanez or Moore, his job will be a lot easier if he’s got time to throw.

Our O-line is decent. Carr just makes them look bad because as soon as he takes the snap he runs out of the pocket or doesnt step up in the pocket. Houston has permately ended his career. After his last year in carolina he will be out of the nfl.