Denzel Ingram - 2012 PG - Signed LOI

He wont be able to guard, He wont be able to feed the post, He will struggle with big athletic guards. Small guards are only good for filling bench needs. He is not an A-10 starter. Better think twice before we sign this kid :))[/quote]

I am guessing this is a sarcastic quote. But in all seriousness and sans the smiley this is exactly how I feel… :frowning:

To further my point, this is what ESPN, the only recruiting service to give this kid a star (His ONLY Star!) thinks about a 75 rated player: “70-79: Low-major prospect: Player is a low-major Division I prospect”

#2 all time scorer at Chapel Hill HS now.

Sokool, thanks for your scouting report on a player, I’m guessing you’ve never seen. Also, at 5’11, he’s almost 1/2 ft taller than Deuce, but I bet he’d never be able to be the efficient scorer that Deuce is at the D1 level.

Pretty sure sokool was being sarcastic.

Umm… I am not Sokool.

No I have not seen him but given his size and is one star status I am comfortable in my assessment that this guy is not the answer nor even an answer for us at the PG position.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:24, topic:26268”]Umm… I am not Sokool.

No I have not seen him but given his size and is one star status I am comfortable in my assessment that this guy is not the answer nor even an answer for us at the PG position.[/quote]hence why I was talking to sokool.

The guy can score, but against what competition. The guards in the video looked slow.

I haven’t watched the video yet, but if he can hit wide open shots, please sign him up.

Actually sokool, the guy looks like he can dribble and pass effectively too, traits I rarely see from Briscoe. I think your size argument is a joke, and Major would be perfectly fine with playing a smaller guard given the guy can play the position effectively.

Honest, some guys, especially smaller PGs get underrated all the time so I wouldn’t put too much into recruiting rankings.

You rarely see it because obviously you dont know what you’re looking at. ???

Briscoe past 3 games 67min 1to 7ast. :o

Can’t get much more effective than that.

Yet, still a A-TO ratio below 1. I like Deuce, but his play has dropped off this year on the offensive end compared to last year.

I saw his dad at the mall today.

His ball handling and decision making has gotten much better. 7-1 A-TO last 3 games.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:31, topic:26268”]I saw his dad at the mall today.[/quote]Next time you see him ask if we’ve offered. As of last night before AM watched his game, we hadn’t (from what I was told).

Will do.

tweet describing Denzel Ingram: RT @bball_elite: @rossmith he’s got a great ability to run the team and above avg vision. Can knock down the 3. Needs to work on elevation on jumper.

But if he can hit 32% of his three point attempts he should be a starter here.

Bet you say that about a bunch of young men.

But if he can hit 32% of his three point attempts he should be a starter here.[/quote]

Bet you say that about a bunch of young men.[/quote]

No, I used to work with Eddie and he was at the mall today.

His ball handling and decision making has gotten much better. 7-1 A-TO last 3 games.[/quote]

All while his shooting percentage continued to fall. 29.6% shooting the last three games.