Derrio Green 2009 JUCO SG

[QUOTE=Chisox17;403376]Tim just talked to him, and there’s an update up on NR. Us and GW are his top two. Moxley is his primary recruiter.[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=938607]http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=938607[/URL]

Derrio Green's teammates:

Brad Reese (signed with Texas Tech): ESPN grade 94
Marquis Gilstrap (signed with Iowa State): ESPN grade 96

Those scores are better than anyone on our team. I wonder if he’d get marks around there too. If so, and if that’s accurate, sounds like he could be our starting SG.

I know they like to shoot a lot of three's," he said. "That's kind of intriguing."

Hmmmm…

Hmmmm...

As long as he can knock them down.

Ditto to Ninerballin. Someone posted earlier in the thread that he hit 44% last year in JuCo. If he can shoot ~40% for us, let him shoot all night long.

I know they like to shoot a lot of three's," he said. "That's kind of intriguing."

He must know from all the times he was able to watch us on TV…

[QUOTE=Chisox17;403376]Tim just talked to him, and there’s an update up on NR. Us and GW are his top two. Moxley is his primary recruiter.[/QUOTE]

Well, that’s one scholarship down. One more to fill :smiley:

Hope we can get Richmond as well, but I don’t mind getting a 3 year JuCo. I just don’t like having the two year guys because it often seems like they are wrapping up their careers as they are just starting to get the hang of D1.

Well, that's one scholarship down. One more to fill :D

Hope we can get Richmond as well, but I don’t mind getting a 3 year JuCo. I just don’t like having the two year guys because it often seems like they are wrapping up their careers as they are just starting to get the hang of D1.

I highly doubt we will bring in both Richmond and Green, it is most likely one or the other.

[QUOTE=Cha_49;403370]-Derrio Green
Gulf Coast PG

http://www.wjhg.com/sports/headlines/41781697.html[/QUOTE]

Jay Powell Gulf Coast Head Coach

“If he’ll sell out and work in there the sky is the limit for him. He’ll play at an S.E.C. or an A.C.C. or Big 12, Big East school.
I’ve had some big colleges call but that’s what they say, well can he put on 15-20 pounds of muscle this summer and keep developing then he might have a shot at our level and I know in his heart he wants to kind of follow that dream and see if he can play on the biggest stages.”

How is our new strength and conditioning program??

How is our new strength and conditioning program??

And below the coach’s quote:

[QUOTE]Derrio Green
Gulf Coast C.C. PG

It’d be nice to go to one of those schools but I mean a mid major where college basketball is it, I just want to get the college experience where the fans are going crazy and they’re chanting your name so just somewhere college basketball is pretty big would be fine.[/QUOTE]

How is our student section??

And below the coach's quote:

How is our student section??

We go crazy, that’s for sure. Chanting names isn’t a problem either. :shades:

Like I mentioned earlier Green can shoot the three and dishes out a decent number of assists.
We have not had a shooting PG in a long time, and that is when Lutz is most successful. Now add in a four that can shoot the three and drive it, and we will for sure make the tournament in my opinion.
I think Green is the guy if Richmond doesn’t sign tomorrow.

Green/Richmond

Brownlee/Chadwick/Sirin

We go crazy, that's for sure. Chanting names isn't a problem either. :shades:

Pics or it didn’t happen.

[SIZE=1](Preferrably pics with lots of cleavage)[/SIZE]

Like I mentioned earlier Green can shoot the three and dishes out a decent number of assists. We have not had a shooting PG in a long time, and that is when Lutz is most successful. Now add in a four that can shoot the three and drive it, and we will for sure make the tournament in my opinion. I think Green is the guy if Richmond doesn't sign tomorrow.

Green/Richmond

Brownlee/Chadwick/Sirin

Personally I wish we’d target a pathologically-obsessed rebounder with the other scholarship (one to Green, one to rebounder), but that’s a debate for a different thread.

so is this guy a backup in case we dont get richmond?

Ditto to Ninerballin. Someone posted earlier in the thread that he hit 44% last year in JuCo. If he can shoot ~40% for us, let him shoot all night long.
Coleman shot about 44 in prep I believe. Doesn't always move over, but yeah it'd be nice..

Ninerfan…No he is not a back up to Richmond by any means.

so signing green wouldnt mean that we have no shot with richmond?

i think the top two targets are sanders and green. however, timniner told me earlier that he doesnt think the signing of one would necessarily have an impact on our ability to land another.

so richmond and williams arent our top targets?