Derrio Green 2009 JUCO SG

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;403427]so richmond and williams arent our top targets?[/QUOTE]

multiple people who usually know their stuff posted in the shoutbox earlier today that green was pretty much a lock for coming here and that sanders was the top target aside from green. dont hold me to any of this, just repeating what i saw.

I canā€™t imagine why we would target Sanders above Richmond. From what Iā€™ve read though it does look like Green is more than likely joining our program. Sanders was supposed to decide today, and Richmond will announce tomorrow. With only two scholarships remaining Iā€™m hoping we donā€™t hear back from Sanders until after Richmond. Iā€™d like the Richmond/Green combo since we donā€™t need them both to back up Harris this year, it could allow Richmond to develop his shooting at the college level.

My sources tell me GREEN is number 1 target for the combo guard spot. And Sanders. Yes, both. Richmond will do a prep year, possibly at Patterson in Lenoir unless someone can get him qualified. Maybe a 49er in the future but Green is the one they want. The kid can flat-out score and ball.

are there any other prospects in the mix? im excited about these guys but am still scared to get excited about someones scoring ability coming from playing juco.

My sources tell me GREEN is number 1 target for the combo guard spot. And Sanders. Yes, both. Richmond will do a prep year, possibly at Patterson in Lenoir unless someone can get him qualified. Maybe a 49er in the future but Green is the one they want. The kid can flat-out score and ball.

What do you mean qualified?

What do you mean qualified?
Probably NCAA Clearinghouse.

Well, Sanders signed with UAB. Letā€™s hope for Richmond and Green by the end of the weekend. If you want to read it, there is a link on the thread for Sanders, most recent post.

Sanders wasnā€™t the primary guy. It was Green. Moxley and Lutz love his ability to combo and shoot the ball. Perfect fit for our system. Green is very, very important to our getting back to the show!

Probably NCAA Clearinghouse.

Wow, thatā€™s twice itā€™s come up that Richmond might not qualify, I guess itā€™s true what they say, there is a little truth to every rumor.

I mean his name is great for Charlotte! :thumbsup:

Yeah, but heā€™s going to be really confused the first time he hears the Greenā€¦White chantā€¦

Yeah, but he's going to be really confused the first time he hears the Green....White chant....

Ah yes, that chant wrecked havoc on Rodney Whiteā€™s career here. If it had not been for that dreaded chant, heā€™d have been selected higher than 9th overall in the NBA draft!

:lol::wink:

[QUOTE=TheProvider;403499] Green is very, very important to our getting back to the show![/QUOTE]

So a guy that was not our primary recruit 3 weeks ago and did not have a visit scheduled till this week who averages 13 & 5 in JUCO land is the key to us getting back to the show.

Interesting to say the least.

Does anyone on our staff besides Moxely recruit and actually land/sign anyone?

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;403534]So a guy that was not our primary recruit 3 weeks ago and did not have a visit scheduled till this week who averages 13 & 5 in JUCO land is the key to us getting back to the show.

Does anyone on our staff besides Moxely recruit and actually land/sign anyone?[/QUOTE]

Nailed it on the headā€¦ummm thatā€™s what she said!

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;403534]So a guy that was not our primary recruit 3 weeks ago and did not have a visit scheduled till this week who averages 13 & 5 in JUCO land is the key to us getting back to the show.

Does anyone on our staff besides Moxely recruit and actually land/sign anyone?[/QUOTE]

with TheProviderā€™s history, I would suggest you have a little more faith in what he says.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;403534]

Doesnā€™t seem like it. Sherrill may have been recruited by someone else.

I am very familiar with Provider and know of Lutzā€™s secrecy with the program but it does seem odd at best would you not agree?

Yes, does seem a little odd. Possibly we didnā€™t want to tip our hand as to who we were going after, especially if itā€™s someone we thought was flying under the radar.

For you guys who have been around here awhile, please, please donā€™t overhype anyone. Donā€™t believe anything until you see them on the court.

The only player weā€™ve ever gotten that lived up to the Green Glasses in the last 10 or so years was Rodney White. Period.

For you guys who have been around here awhile, please, please don't overhype anyone. Don't believe anything until you see them on the court.

The only player weā€™ve ever gotten that lived up to the Green Glasses in the last 10 or so years was Rodney White. Period.

Yep.