Derrio Green 2009 JUCO SG

[QUOTE=hootie;403550]For you guys who have been around here awhile, please, please don’t overhype anyone. Don’t believe anything until you see them on the court.

The only player we’ve ever gotten that lived up to the Green Glasses in the last 10 or so years was Rodney White. Period.[/QUOTE]

I’m not hyping him up. But if TheProvider feels he will make an impact for us, I’m going to agree with him.

Every school has duds in recruiting, and if you can’t get excited about incoming players, how can you get excited for your team at all?

[QUOTE=moss2k;403555]I’m not hyping him up. But if TheProvider feels he will make an impact for us, I’m going to agree with him.

Every school has duds in recruiting, and if you can’t get excited about incoming players, how can you get excited for your team at all?[/QUOTE]

Winning during the regular season…

I say that in slight jest though, I like to think all these incoming players will make our team national contenders. Part of the roller coaster life of fandom.

What do we really want? Quality depth at PG, right? If we could get a guy who could provide quality depth at PG (I’ll take 5 assists per game as a JUCO freshman over what Dewberry was providing) and some opportunites to spell Bowden/compete with Bowden at the 2G AND have time to develop (he’ll be three years instead of the usual 2) then I think mission accomplished.

For you guys who have been around here awhile, please, please don't overhype anyone. Don't believe anything until you see them on the court.

The only player we’ve ever gotten that lived up to the Green Glasses in the last 10 or so years was Rodney White. Period.

I don’t know about that…or atleast we have had a number in the last 10 years or so who have “outplayed” their “hype” or lack-thereof…Jobey Thomas, Curtis Withers, Lee Goldwire, Eddie Basden just to name a few.

I would have to say Plavich made wearing green glasses fun!

[QUOTE=919R;403606]I don’t know about that…or atleast we have had a number in the last 10 years or so who have “outplayed” their “hype” or lack-thereof…Jobey Thomas, Curtis Withers, Lee Goldwire, Eddie Basden just to name a few.[/QUOTE]

Kinda my point 919R.

Some guys come in hyped and show nothing. Other guys come under the radar, work their tales off, and become players. Don’t believe anything until you see it on the court.

I will give a shout to Withers though, he came in fairly hyped and produced.

[QUOTE=hootie;403550]For you guys who have been around here awhile, please, please don’t overhype anyone. Don’t believe anything until you see them on the court.

The only player we’ve ever gotten that lived up to the Green Glasses in the last 10 or so years was Rodney White. Period.[/QUOTE]

Demon and Plavich lived up to their billings quickly as well. Withers was there by his sophomore year, and Eddie by his junior year. There have been a lot more that were overhyped, for sure. Iti being numero uno.

Back on topic, would like to hear that Derrio has inked.

Not over yet…he is visiting the Dawgs on Sunday. But, it still looks good for us.

Green and Sirin would be HUGE for us, and based on everything would put us in GREAT shape for the NCAA’s next year and beyond.

[QUOTE=Int’l 49er;403740]Not over yet…he is visiting the Dawgs on Sunday. But, it still looks good for us.

Green and Sirin would be HUGE for us, and based on everything would put us in GREAT shape for the NCAA’s next year and beyond.[/QUOTE]

Can’t be looking too good if he’s still visiting other schools. Sounds like he is the guy our coaches want, hopefully it works out.

[QUOTE=CMack124;403744]Can’t be looking too good if he’s still visiting other schools. Sounds like he is the guy our coaches want, hopefully it works out.[/QUOTE]

its always possible that he could fall in love with Charlotte and cancel his other visits like I did :shades:
:49ers:

when is his visit scheduled to conclude? or has he already left?

Starting his visit tonight. He and Sirin would be big gets because they would play together for 3 years and form a dynamic punch for the Niners for a few years. Both are highly skilled and big priorities.

hope springs eternal…!!!

I hope this goes well. I am ready for recruiting to be over. Ready to get back on track.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;403775]I hope this goes well. I am ready for recruiting to be over. Ready to get back on track.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Me too. I’m tired of spring recruiting and we haven’t even signed anyone yet! Lets get the team finalized and have them get ready for the season.

Can confirm Green is here now, just ran into him about an hour ago when I was at the SAC. Appears to be possibly a second recruit here too, couldn’t get a good look, but I"ll try to figure out who it might be.

Can confirm Green is here now, just ran into him about an hour ago when I was at the SAC. Appears to be possibly a second recruit here too, couldn't get a good look, but I"ll try to figure out who it might be.
I bet I know! :biggrin:

Haha, saw the other thread, looks like it’s Super Sayien Gokhan.

[QUOTE=Int’l 49er;403740]Not over yet…he is visiting the Dawgs on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean Vincent Williams is falling thru for UGA. I can not see them signing 2 PG’s over the same weekend.