Derrio Green is a Niner

Story will be coming shortly.

SWEEETNESSSSS! WELCOME ABOARD DERRIO!!! :49ers:

wooot! awesomeness

I love staying up till midnight to get news like this. Welcome to Niner Nation Derrio!!!

this may be the missing piece. wonder if this will influence Sirin’s decision?

YES!!!

Lew, you’re gonna have to say “White!” a LOT next year. Just saying.

Nice.

Exhales…H*ll yeah. Great job Coach Mox and the staff for getting this one done. We were one turned ankle away from disaster without this signing.

Derrio Green, a 6-foot, 180-pound combo guard who just completed his freshman season at Gulf Coast Community College in Panama, City, Fla., said Monday night he has chosen to play basketball for the Charlotte 49ers.
Green, who will have three years of eligibility, picked Charlotte over Georgia and George Washington. He made recruiting visits to Charlotte and Georgia over the weekend.
“Charlotte has great facilities, talented players, a great coach in coach (Bobby) Lutz and a great system - everything about it was a perfect fit,” Green said Monday night.
"I felt real comfortable when I made my visit. I am going to spend the next three years at a school and if I am I want to feel comfortable. I felt like I fit right in."
In one season at Gulf Coast, Green averaged 13.6 points and five assists per game. He shot more than 44 percent from 3-point range and better than 75 percent from the free throw line.
Green impressed scouts in this season’s Florida Juco state basketball tournament, when he opened the tournament with a 38-point performance in an overtime win over Miami-Dade.
The 49ers currently have one scholarships remaining for next season. - Jim Utter

great!

team player

HUGE pickup.

Derrio Green, a 6-foot, 180-pound combo guard who just completed his freshman season at Gulf Coast Community College in Panama, City, Fla., said Monday night he has chosen to play basketball for the Charlotte 49ers. Green, who will have three years of eligibility, picked Charlotte over Georgia and George Washington. He made recruiting visits to Charlotte and Georgia over the weekend. "Charlotte has great facilities, talented players, a great coach in coach (Bobby) Lutz and a great system - everything about it was a perfect fit," Green said Monday night. "I felt real comfortable when I made my visit. I am going to spend the next three years at a school and if I am I want to feel comfortable. I felt like I fit right in." In one season at Gulf Coast, Green averaged 13.6 points and five assists per game. He shot more than 44 percent from 3-point range and better than 75 percent from the free throw line. Green impressed scouts in this season's Florida Juco state basketball tournament, when he opened the tournament with a 38-point performance in an overtime win over Miami-Dade. The 49ers currently have one scholarships remaining for next season. - Jim Utter

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fantastic News!

http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=940548

[B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5][COLOR=DarkGreen]BINGO.
BANGO.
BONGO![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Welcome to Niner Nation!!!

[URL]http://gmine.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Glad to have Derrio, it looks like we will be even more stacked then we thought we were this time last year, i just hope these expectations dont get out of control.

YESSS!!! This is great news. I really don’t know what to expect anymore.