Derrio Green is a Niner

[QUOTE=49or bust;404839]Gah… diplomatics. We should have demanded that we resume play here since they chose not to have their home game. Oh well, at least the AD got us our “rival” back and now with added hate.

I’d MUCH rather have Cinci tho.[/QUOTE]

Screw it. Who gives a **** where the game is played. Get them back on the schedule… this year.

[B]"With guys like Shamari (Spears), Phil (Jones) and (Chris) Braswell down low, all I’m going to have to do is just feed the ball to the post.[/B]

Careful Mr Green. An attitude like that will get you nothing at Charlotte (except an unconditional release). I guess Bobby wanted a “project”.:biggrin:

nope, i'm pretty sure there are no games/series with them currently for the next couple years.

starts again in 2010…my only thought about how the cats handled this…punish them…!!

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;404841][B]"With guys like Shamari (Spears), Phil (Jones) and (Chris) Braswell down low, all I’m going to have to do is just feed the ball to the post.[/B]

Careful Mr Green. An attitude like that will get you nothing at Charlotte (except an unconditional release). I guess Bobby wanted a “project”.:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

With guys who know how to feed the post and guys who can catch and score the ball inside, we might be onto something.

With guys who know how to feed the post and guys who can catch and score the ball inside, we might be onto something.
I'm sure by the end of summer, Lutz will have taught him that passing it to the bigs is bad, bad, bad.

I think the last 2 years, Anjuan was the only one capable of making decent passes down low. :unhappy:

I thought Coley and Phil could both feed the post fairly well. They were both able to successfully lob it to the other for an easy look several times.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;404868]With guys who know how to feed the post and guys who can catch and score the ball inside, we might be onto something.[/QUOTE]

'bout damn time.

A couple more decisions like this, we might actually be able to schedule games after the conference tourney. It’s been awhile, I know there are games after the conference tourney, I just forget what that event is called.

[QUOTE=cdsniner;404875]I thought Coley and Phil could both feed the post fairly well. They were both able to successfully lob it to the other for an easy look several times.[/QUOTE]

dude, why do you have DBooker in your Avatar? And in the uniform of the team he left us for at that…

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;404877]'bout damn time.

A couple more decisions like this, we might actually be able to schedule games after the conference tourney. It’s been awhile, I know there are games after the conference tourney, I just forget what that event is called.[/QUOTE]

No, we have made it to the NIT recently… :biggrin:

No, we have made it to the [B]NIT[/B] recently... :biggrin:
[IMG]http://blog.internetnews.com/apatrizio/do-not-want-dog.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=NLP;404882][/QUOTE]

thank you

I thought Coley and Phil could both feed the post fairly well. They were both able to successfully lob it to the other for an easy look several times.

Those were missed shots!

i just spoke to shamarr bowden at lunch. he said that he talked to derrio last night and derrio was “extremely excited and ready to work.”

quoting bowden about green: “he can really put it on the floor and get to the basket.” also, when i asked him how he fit with the team and if they gelled over the weekend he said “oh yeah, he fit right in with the guys!”

encouraging, to say the least.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;404878]dude, why do you have DBooker in your Avatar? And in the uniform of the team he left us for at that…[/QUOTE]

I have it as a reminder of no matter how good we say a player is on this site we never know about them until they actually suit up. I think this is actually a good topic to explain it in.

it must be official!
http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042809aad.html

This is the year boys…NCAA…no excuses!!!

This is the year boys....NCAA...no excuses!!!

AGREED! :49ers:

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;404868]With guys who know how to feed the post and guys who can catch and score the ball inside, we might be onto something.[/QUOTE]

I’m an optimist, but I’m not sure Lutz will ever run an inside-out offense, regardless of personel.

I have it as a reminder of no matter how good we say a player is on this site we never know about them until they actually suit up. I think this is actually a good topic to explain it in.

That and we have not been able to change avatars for awhile now.

Good news. After reading the Georgia rivals article I thought we had lost this recruiting battle.

Green sounds like a good fit. At least we have someone to give Dijuan a LITTLE bit of rest next year and can learn from him.

Green signed with Southeastern Louisiana after high school a couple of years ago, but left before he even played for them (have no idea why he left, couldnt find anything on it). Sat out that year then went juco, and it has landed him here, which could be great for both parties. I’m excited to see him play.

One thing that is a bit concerning is that it seems we dont have any real recruiters other than Mox. We might want to work on that, b/c we already know he wont be here forever…