Derrio Green is a Niner

Great news! If he can play the point in a backup role to Harris this year, it’ll allow Harris to go a little harder and play some tougher D. I expect Harris to be even more of a revelation this year if he doesn’t have to worry about fouls and energy as much. Hopefully Green can fill this role.

Welcome to Charlotte Derrio, and most importantly welcome to the Niner Family!!!

:49ers:

Great job by the staff landing him after UGA got the last visit.

My cousins attended UGA and they tell me that it’s a great school. But it really all comes down to one simple thing:

[COLOR=darkgreen]GREEN[/COLOR] > [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;404681]Lew, you’re gonna have to say “White!” a LOT next year. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

i’ll help him out. i would tell him to just write white on the white board, but it may not be in tact for basketball season…

Future 49ers Insider show host?

Future 49ers Insider show host?

That’d be great. I would love to see that.

This is a great get for the team. Congratulations to the coaching staff on a job well done in landing this young man. So, barring no major injuries, there should be no more excuses for us to see MAJOR improvement this season. We have a team that includes experience and some youth, athleticsim and skill, an increase in physicality and shooting. Lutz should now have the pieces he needs without any excuses. Let’s all hope for success.

Great news! Jim Utter, thank you for your enthusiasm for our program! Now, let’s get Davidson back on the schedule and kick some butt!

[QUOTE=ice_cold49er;404795]This is a great get for the team. Congratulations to the coaching staff on a job well done in landing this young man. So, barring no major injuries, there should be no more excuses for us to see MAJOR improvement this season. We have a team that includes experience and some youth, athleticsim and skill, an increase in physicality and shooting. Lutz should now have the pieces he needs without any excuses. Let’s all hope for success.[/QUOTE]

Yep, now it comes down to coaching.

"He is such a great guy. I really wanted the opportunity to play with him," Green said. "With guys like Shamari (Spears), Phil (Jones) and (Chris) Braswell down low, [B]all I'm going to have to do is just feed the ball to the post.[/B]

Bobby… please let him do this.

[QUOTE=Anborn;404807]Bobby… please let him do this.[/QUOTE]

lol. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Great news! Jim Utter, thank you for your enthusiasm for our program! Now, let's get Davidson back on the schedule and kick some butt!

Isn’t Davidson back on the schedule? A contract with a specific day every year? Something like the second Saturday in December?

I think he just means for this season. IIRC, we are not scheduled to play them again until next season.

Isn't Davidson back on the schedule? A contract with a specific day every year? Something like the second Saturday in December?
nope, i'm pretty sure there are no games/series with them currently for the next couple years.

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=white][SIZE=1]
[/SIZE]Derrio Green[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffffff][B]Height:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white]6’ 0"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffffff][B]Weight:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white]162[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white][B]Class:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white]Freshman[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white][B]Hometown/State:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white]Panama City, FL[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white][B]High School:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white]Mosley HS[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=white][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=cibik02;404814]nope, i’m pretty sure there are no games/series with them currently for the next couple years.[/QUOTE]

Good and there shouldn’t be. Screw them. We played them for years with nothing to gain and after the garbage they pulled last year there is no reason we should honor this rivalry. We can fill their slot with someone that actually helps us.

[QUOTE=VA49er;404801]Yep, now it comes down to coaching.[/QUOTE]

its ncaa tournament or bust this year.

no more excuses. time to be relevant again.

:49ers:

[QUOTE=jfickett;404819]its ncaa tournament or bust this year.

no more excuses. time to be relevant again.

:49ers:[/QUOTE]

Of course I read the same thing last year. We’ll see. But I agree, barring injuries, it’s time to put up or shut up. No more excuses is right.

Isn't Davidson back on the schedule? A contract with a specific day every year? Something like the second Saturday in December?

There may be a more current article somewhere, but here are the basics.

The two teams will take the next two seasons off and resume a home-and-home series, in 2010-11. In December, 2010 the 49ers will play at Davidson. In December, 2011, the 49ers will host Davidson at Halton Arena. Games are slated to be played on the same Saturday in December, each year.

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/083008aab.html

There may be a more current article somewhere, but here are the basics.

The two teams will take the next two seasons off and resume a home-and-home series, in 2010-11. In December, 2010 the 49ers will play at Davidson. In December, 2011, the 49ers will host Davidson at Halton Arena. Games are slated to be played on the same Saturday in December, each year.

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/083008aab.html

Gah… diplomatics. We should have demanded that we resume play here since they chose not to have their home game. Oh well, at least the AD got us our “rival” back and now with added hate.

I’d MUCH rather have Cinci tho.