Do you blame Sanchez for losing Brice?

clt says so he didn’t get a car and $250k?

Maybe brice left because nobody here was spelling his name correctly.

2 Likes

clt says that explains healey leaving as well

2 Likes

strong textMeme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

1 Like

Truth This Is True GIF by Ford

Tonight Show Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like

I could see Aly but the other two in this era were gone no matter the coach.

1 Like

I got to get me one of them crystal balls I keep hearing about.

1 Like

It’s known now in the basketball world. Read the Kansas board for discussion on it.

Football has a chance under Biff with NIL basketball is dead under this landscape. Ron would’ve done well if it hadn’t changed.

Hoiberg had a pretty decent connection with Lutz and a family member said Nebraska top 8 players receive similar compensation.

No he wouldnt have. Hes not losing players bc of NIL. Hes losing them bc he proved to these players that he cant adjust and lacks the ability to manage a roster. Fau and north texas have the same issues but they have good coaches. Ron is simply a bad coach and recruiter with a bad philosophy

3 Likes

He’s definitely losing players because of NIL and not having to sit a year. BW would’ve came back if we were anywhere close but was blown away by Nebraska. Curtis Withers would’ve left for ACC if it meant more money and not having to sit a year. Same for Jon Davis to Basden to Cornbread.

1 Like

That’s debatable as to whether he does well if things didn’t change.

The problem is they did change and everything we are doing right now seems to be a losing proposition given the current environment.

JY was destined to leave whether it was Charlotte or the other three schools that offered him out of Dematha - Hofstra, La Salle, and ODU. His determination to prove Mark Turgeon wrong fueled the fire to return “home” to finish his collegiate career. NIL just icing on the cake!

1 Like

With NILmost of our greats don’t finish here. Hell a lot of our better role players don’t finish here.

I absolutely detest this new world.

3 Likes

Yeah if the top 8 players at Nebraska are making $250k that means they probably are at many other P5’s or P6’s. And we already know SMU & some other G5’s are paying entire rosters $35k per player. We’re just really screwed. Interest in our basketball program is at a probably 30 year low & nothing is being done to fix it. We have already been left too far behind to catch up with the P6 & are in jeopardy of being left behind by a big portion of the G5/mid major schools. I like where things are headed with football but we still don’t know if this staff can coach. I just wish there was something being done to give us that same hope & energy for basketball. It’s a really bad time for no one to give a crap about your program.

1 Like

1,300 kids are in the portal. Only reason FAU is keeping their kids is they made the Final Four and feel like they can run it back and win it (they are wrong…see Chapel Hill).

For the haters out there, if your kid could make 6 figures and get a car for transferring to another school tell me how you tell them it is a better idea to stay???
Anyone? Anyone? Buehler???

Loyalty and coaching philosophy is gone…Benjamin’s talk and kids walk. Todays new crappy world.

1 Like

Coaches long ago threw loyalty by the curbside.

Anyway, have a hard time seeing FAU pulling a Chapel Hill next season. In spite of what a lot of Tiger fans think, the Owls are going to be heavy favs to win the AAC. Will they make another FF run? Who knows but could see a Sweet 16. Just can’t see a complete meltdown in Boca and missing the NCAAT.