Does the name UNC Charlotte cause us to be confused with Chapel Hill?

There are a lot of students against a name change. Many vocal members in CAB are against it.

Edit: I’m not one of them… just saying.

I have not heard of any groups that will be specifically dedicated to promoting this issue up until the election. The elections are March 25-26.

I would like to ask that one of you on this website set up a ‘Charlotte Football Initiative’-type group on campus, the sole purpose of which would be to promote changing the name of the school. CFI did amazing things with regards to football, and promoting the student poll, and I am sure that a strong, dedicated group could easily do the same for the name change.

I’m all in to help you get this group set up, but I will have less and less time to help as the elections come near. PM me if you’d like to get together next week and get this set up.

-DTM
:49ers:

I’m not currently a student, serving the last year of a suspension, however I will volunteer my time and efforts to this cause. Gives me something to do :slight_smile:

I'm not currently a student, serving the last year of a suspension, however I will volunteer my time and efforts to this cause. Gives me something to do :)

Thanks Lew, I’ll put you on the list. We need 8 students, including a president, vice president, treasurer, and secretary, in order to get it set up as an official organization. All that means is that $200 worth of money will be given to the group to spend on general expenses, including advertising for the group.

-DTM
:49ers:

It turns out that we have had it wrong all along.

• UNC (or the University of North Carolina) is a university located northeast of Charlotte.
  • UNC Chapel Hill is the system of universities in the state of North Carolina.

Read on:

[B]University of North Carolina[/B]

We were there without a parent and the professors were not telling us whether or not we could go to the movies in the afternoon. That freedom was something that I hadn’t ever experienced before. That freedom is still a prime force at the University of North Carolina. What I learned at UNC is that some students were willing to work or achieve while others had no interest in that. At UNC I saw fellow students who were willing to take responsibility and study and do what they were there to do, and others who were there to play.

[B]UNC Chapel Hill Presidency[/B]

I was at the breakfast table with my wife, Meredith. I was reading the Charlotte Observer and I said, “I see they haven’t found anybody to follow President Friday at the university.” That’s when I told her, “They called me about that job.” She asked, “What on earth did you say?” I told her that I had written to tell them I wasn’t qualified. She asked what I meant and I explained, “Well, I don’t have a Ph.D. and it seems to me that the university deserves somebody who has a Ph.D. and who’s a professional academician.” She told me, “You’ve made a big mistake. What they need is an administrator. They’ve got thousands of Ph.D.s; what they need is someone who can manage a complex university system. That’s the sort of thing that you’ve done and have the ability to do. I think you made a mistake.” Then I told her, “You know, the job would require us to move from Charlotte to Chapel Hill,” and she said, “That’s not all that bad, is it?” I said, “No, I love Chapel Hill. It’s a beautiful little town.”

What? You thought it was the UNC system and the campus of Chapel Hill?

Nope.

After all, who would be a better source on the topic: cltniners? some mid-level administrators at UNC Charlotte?

Or a man who was president of the UNC Chapel Hill university system for 11 years?

http://www.hbs.edu/entrepreneurs/pdf/dickspangler.pdf

I am officially confused now.

You mean the UNC Tar Heels aren’t in Charlotte? LOL.
That’s what people from the other 49 states think.

can we get some clarrification on what all that was? It sounded like it would piss me off - but I dont really know what just happened

can we get some clarrification on what all that was? It sounded like it would piss me off - but I dont really know what just happened

Do you mean my post from this morning?

Dick Spangler has a .pdf where he discusses his education and career.

He discusses his college education at “UNC” and the title of the heading is “University of North Carolina”.
Then he discusses being president of the university system, under the heading: “UNC Chapel Hill Presidency

So:

UNC Chapel Hill System of Schools

• University of North Carolina (UNC)
  • UNC Charlotte
  • UNC Greensboro, etc.

Since this information is coming from the former long-time president of the university system - then it has to be accurate.

In a nutshell: One of the people who absolutely should know better either 1) doesn’t or 2) doesn’t care

I’m gonna go with 2).

Thanks - I wasnt able to open the pdf when i read the post.

Pretty messed up that spangler guy is.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;314282]Pretty messed up that spangler guy is.[/QUOTE] DOBA. That’s my vote for Quote of the Day.

what a toolbag. he’s got boatloads of dough, but i’d rather have half a brain