DONATE YOUR SEASON TICKET MONEY, a call to action

Hey everyone,

One of the reasons we havenā€™t had to cut scholarships and staff is because Mike Hill and as much as I hate to admit it, Judy Rose were such good stewards of our money over the years. We have weathered the covid storm as well as anyone in g5.

That said, if we lose all our football season ticket money, our AD will be in a funk. I know itā€™s not fun, or fair, or even in the nature of capitalism, but please consider donating your season ticket money. The AD needs it now more than ever. If you can afford a donation, please do it. This is for our student athletes, and we need to do everything in our power for them.

Thanks,
yaboifromclayton

6 Likes

My money is gone from my bank account already anyways. They might as well keep it.

4 Likes

Agree

Yup mine can stay with them.

Not only can they keep mineā€¦if we beat App, Iā€™m adding enough to it to go Green Jacket for the first time!

If we beat Appy I may send them the $35 it takes to be in their Big Hillbilly Club and show up wearing green.

3 Likes

Does the $35 get you access to Yosefā€™s outhouse?

All yaā€™ll who are donating your season ticket monies are heroes.
(not the usual sarcasm)

1 Like

Unless you are financially in a different and worse place than when you bought the tickets, I donā€™t understand why you wouldnā€™t donate the money.

2 Likes

This. My wife and I have taken that attitude towards everything during this. Weā€™ve paid for many services without receiving them because we know they are independent workers who will not survive without it. This is no different.

2 Likes

With pandemic employment unknowns, the added cost of possible daycare and child supervision given school changes and all the other crap going on I totally understand those not in a position to or are uncomfortable with the notion of donating the ticket money. If this is you, donā€™t sweat it - get your money back.

If you can donate it - do so. The program thanks you.

4 Likes

Weā€™re donating ours. Keeping in the spirit of when we invested for the stadium.

3 Likes

So at some point are they going to reach out and ask what our decision is, or did I somehow miss that in the email?

1 Like

clt says this is a no brainer. donated.

Not sure if it was on Twitter or in an article somewhereā€¦but I swear I remember reading somewhere that they they were going to reach out by phone & either mail or email the week of 8/24 (this week) to season ticket holders regarding these options.

Iā€™m sure you can always be proactive and call in to the ticket office on your own time as well.

1 Like

Perhaps the AD would consider sharing some new-logo swag with season ticket holders that opt to donate or roll over funds. Make it tiered to encourage donationsā€¦examples - rollover yields a t-shirt, full donation yields a polo/tumbler combo.

Extra enticement, since logoā€™d gear has been slow-to-market.

2 Likes

I like the idea, but I fear this situation is slightly more dire than that. I want new gear as much as the next guy, but above that, I want our AD to remain solvent.

IF everybody pulls their ticket money (and this is every school, not just us) Iā€™m not sure that can happen.

1 Like

Everyone on this board is in a financially worse place than they were. The unemployment rate in the US is around 10% which is 3x higher than it was 6 months ago. That is a lot of buying power that has exited the market. That affects all goods and services and diminishes the contribution to the economy of those still employed. Not counting how it affects morale of job seekers and those still employed. I think we will see some rather significant economic affects in the Nov-Dec time frame. So if there are those who are still employed but wish to get a refund as a just in case, I would understand completely.

1 Like

I understand and agree with your point that some people even if still employed will want a refund due to uncertainty right now. However, to say everyone on this board is in a worse place financially is hyperbole that you canā€™t back up.

I have been saving more money than normal over the past few months and have little worry over my or my wifeā€™s job. I would encourage others who are in my same situation to donate that money instead of asking for a refund. I completely understand that if you are not in my situation, you may wish to have that money back.

Do not turn this thread into a measuring contest. Donā€™t do it.

2 Likes