Donte Clark - Wing 2013 - Non qualifier for UMass

6’4 and growing SG/SF from Kennedy Charter in Charlotte. Shot 40% from 3 last year and is a high level athlete. Will be playing with the Georgia Stars in AAU (EVN’s old program).

Rivals - no stars

Scout - no profile

ESPN - 82 rating, 2 star

http://www.basketballelite.com/index.php/college-basketball-recruiting/top-talent-in-north-carolina-and-south-carolina-part-4/3656

Donte Clark 6’4″ 175 G 2013 Kennedy Charter HS (NC)

Ranked as one of the top twenty point guards in the country by some outlets, Clark now has offers from East Carolina University, Virginia Tech, Gardner-Webb University, Radford University, Wofford, UT-Chattanooga, High Point University, and Jacksonville University. He informed me Dec 4th that “Virginia Tech is on me pretty hard”, and he has already took an unofficial visit to Blacksburg, VA. Clark is one of four or five Division One prospects at Kennedy Charter School in Charlotte, NC and should be considered one of the most talented teams in North Carolina. He transferred from Queens Grant HS in Charlotte while boasting a 15 point scoring average last season. Sounds like Virginia Tech is where Clark may likely end up.

[size=0.7em]http://carolinavarsity.com/News/tabid/117/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/726/Hardwood-Classic-Northside-vs-Kennedy-Charter.aspx[/size]

Donte Clark - Donte is pushing 6'5" and plays SG. Built well, broad shoulders and will be able to put on muscle, he is long and ultra athletic. What seperates Clark is his range and soft touch to go with the size/athleticism. He has a beautiful release with tremendous range. He can put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop as well. He can be a dynamite deffender when he wants to be, quick hands, long arms, and quick hops. I believe Donte is one of the most talented unknowns in the country and looks very much like a top 100 junior. I would project him as a High Major/ 4 star SG. He is not without his flaws though, while he has all the talent, he needs to refine his game and get more disciplined. Skill set wise, the most important thing he needs to work on is handeling the ball vs pressure (just become more comfortable). Next step is to start making his team-mates better and utilize his length and athleticisim and help on the boards... Become a more complete player. Ill go on record and predict the major scouting services will recognize Donte as a top 100 player after this summer.

RT @Coach_Rick57: One of the top players in the 2013 class that doesnt get much attention is WG Donte Clark of Kennedy Charter. Has HM athleticism

Donte Clark 6’4 Shooting Guard

http://247sports.com/Article/IceBreaker-Weekend-Recap-68351

Junior guard Donte Clark of Kennedy Charter School in North Carolina claimed offers from Jacksonville, High Point, Mercert, Radford, Gardner-Webb and [b]Charlotte[/b]. Clark is receiving interest from Memphis, Virginia Tech, Virginia, California, Auburn, Nebraska and St. John’s.

It’s nice to see the return of and Charlotte.

I have no idea how good this kid is or can be…but I get a little worried when I see the other schools that have offered.

I’m the opposite… I only get worried when I see that the only other schools that offered were like Monmouth, High Point, Wilmington, NC A&T.

I’m the opposite… I only get worried when I see that the only other schools that offered were like Monmouth, High Point, Wilmington, NC A&T.[/quote]This. I like to see programs from the power conferences recruiting guys we are going after. I only get really worried if the only names we’re going up against for a player are UNC, Duke, Syracuse, etc.

We have, and will continue to (assuming the current state of the program does not become the norm), beat out quality competition for recruits.

Clark has an extremely high ceiling.

Dan McDonald ‏ @DMcDonaldHoops
And I’ll go out on a limb and predict that Donte Clark from the Georgia Stars will have double digit high-major offers by end of this month.

Glenn Elrod ‏ @GCRivalsGlenn
2013 Donte Clark (Kennedy Charter/GA Stars) lists UVA, Memphis, Auburn, VT as the HM’s recruiting him. 7 MM offers. Stock is on the rise.

That makes 5 NBA top 10 draft picks once Donte and Oriakhl get here. We have to be pre season favorites!

RT @Justinbyerly: The University of Alabama, has been in contact with people close to Donte Clark of Kennedy Charter (Charlotte).

RT @Justinbyerly: George Mason University is the latest school to express interest in Donte Clark, a popular name recently. 6-foot-4, out of Kennedy Charter.

RT @Justinbyerly: Tennessee & possibly Miami (FL) coming tomorrow to check out Kennedy Charters’ BJ Gladden, Che Bob and Donte Clark. @d_clark4 @BjGladden_

RT @courtcred: Looks like GA Stars Donte Clark scored the most points of day 1 in the EYBL with 30 on Howard Pulley but they lost

Box Score

http://www.nikeeyb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/MNC3G2.pdf

Only scored 10 today, but looks like he knows how to get to the free throw line.

http://www.nikeeyb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/MNC3G4.pdf

Miami Hurricanes have offered as of last night.

Well we’re out…

…still waiting on Major or somebody to squash the BCS formula. The minute a BCS school offers we are out of the picture…gets sooooo old!

did he sign?