Donte Clark - Wing 2013 - Non qualifier for UMass

No, he hasn’t signed. He can’t sign anywhere until the Fall.

0 Likes

RT @Justinbyerly: 2013 Georgia Stars (GA) guard Donte Clark has been offered by Georgia.

0 Likes

Contrary to an earlier report, Charlotte has not offered Clark yet, they are recruiting him.

0 Likes

Doesn’t look like we’re in the mix here anymore.

0 Likes

Figures. A four star ESPN 100 kid that I was excited about and we lost out.

Getting a little tired of always landing the 1-2 star kids. Common Major! SEll the d@mn program!!

0 Likes

You sound as if 4 star recruits are lined up to come to Charlotte and all the coaches need to do is sell the ones they want. My guess is its not that easy.

0 Likes

Not at all, and I completely agree that it is not easy. However Major gets paid for doing to primary things:

1. Win / get to NCAA
  2. Recruit players that can help in achieving goal #1

Now if he can accomplish #1 with the 0-2 star kids then by all means. However I think he could do a lot more wining if he could get higher rated kids.

0 Likes

[font=Arial]However I think he could do a lot more wining if he could get higher rated kids.[/font]

:o

0 Likes

Would you rather Major chase after him with little to no chance in landing him? ???

0 Likes

[quote=“pickman, post:28, topic:26613”][font=arial]However I think he could do a lot more wining if he could get higher rated kids.[/font]

:o[/quote]

So you think we would be more successful with better players?

Good God man, why have you kept this to yourself so long??? We must tell our coaches!!!

0 Likes

It didn’t work too well for Lutz. I just think selling our program today to the blue chippers is a tough sell. It is not surprising to not land a 4 star recruit.

0 Likes

I would rather he not lose the recruit in the first place.

0 Likes

Lol, the kid blew up and we are really in the position to get mad when we don’t land a 4 star kid. Might need a reality check.

0 Likes

I would rather he not lose the recruit in the first place.[/quote]

I would to - but let’s be realistic about who our coach is and how much we are willing to pay. Sure if we paid some crazy amount we could get a top flight coach in who could close the deal on 4 and 5 star kids, we don’t have that budget though.

What we have to work with is a lower salary and focus on a coach who can develop kids.

0 Likes

I would rather he not lose the recruit in the first place.[/quote]

I would to - but let’s be realistic about who our coach is and how much we are willing to pay. Sure if we paid some crazy amount we could get a top flight coach in who could close the deal on 4 and 5 star kids, we don’t have that budget though.

What we have to work with is a lower salary and focus on a coach who can develop kids.

^^^ and who can, himself, develop. i believe/hope we have the man.[/quote]

0 Likes

Langston Wertz Jr.@langstonwertzjr Donte Clark formerly of Kennedy Charter and now at Hargrave Military commits to Virginia Tech hoops

0 Likes

So I take we still stand at zero commits?

0 Likes

This is beginning to worry me. We need some commits. I don’t even feel like we are very close with any of these players yet.

0 Likes

I am expecting Worthem to sign on his visit. Especially looking at the other offers he reportedly has on the table.

0 Likes

we were out of this as soon as he blew up

0 Likes