Donte Clark - Wing 2013 - Non qualifier for UMass

No, he hasn’t signed. He can’t sign anywhere until the Fall.

RT @Justinbyerly: 2013 Georgia Stars (GA) guard Donte Clark has been offered by Georgia.

Contrary to an earlier report, Charlotte has not offered Clark yet, they are recruiting him.

Doesn’t look like we’re in the mix here anymore.

Figures. A four star ESPN 100 kid that I was excited about and we lost out.

Getting a little tired of always landing the 1-2 star kids. Common Major! SEll the d@mn program!!

You sound as if 4 star recruits are lined up to come to Charlotte and all the coaches need to do is sell the ones they want. My guess is its not that easy.

Not at all, and I completely agree that it is not easy. However Major gets paid for doing to primary things:

1. Win / get to NCAA
  2. Recruit players that can help in achieving goal #1

Now if he can accomplish #1 with the 0-2 star kids then by all means. However I think he could do a lot more wining if he could get higher rated kids.

[font=Arial]However I think he could do a lot more wining if he could get higher rated kids.[/font]

:o

Would you rather Major chase after him with little to no chance in landing him? ???

[quote=“pickman, post:28, topic:26613”][font=arial]However I think he could do a lot more wining if he could get higher rated kids.[/font]

:o[/quote]

So you think we would be more successful with better players?

Good God man, why have you kept this to yourself so long??? We must tell our coaches!!!

It didn’t work too well for Lutz. I just think selling our program today to the blue chippers is a tough sell. It is not surprising to not land a 4 star recruit.

I would rather he not lose the recruit in the first place.

Lol, the kid blew up and we are really in the position to get mad when we don’t land a 4 star kid. Might need a reality check.

I would rather he not lose the recruit in the first place.[/quote]

I would to - but let’s be realistic about who our coach is and how much we are willing to pay. Sure if we paid some crazy amount we could get a top flight coach in who could close the deal on 4 and 5 star kids, we don’t have that budget though.

What we have to work with is a lower salary and focus on a coach who can develop kids.

I would rather he not lose the recruit in the first place.[/quote]

I would to - but let’s be realistic about who our coach is and how much we are willing to pay. Sure if we paid some crazy amount we could get a top flight coach in who could close the deal on 4 and 5 star kids, we don’t have that budget though.

What we have to work with is a lower salary and focus on a coach who can develop kids.

^^^ and who can, himself, develop. i believe/hope we have the man.[/quote]

Langston Wertz Jr.@langstonwertzjr Donte Clark formerly of Kennedy Charter and now at Hargrave Military commits to Virginia Tech hoops

So I take we still stand at zero commits?

This is beginning to worry me. We need some commits. I don’t even feel like we are very close with any of these players yet.

I am expecting Worthem to sign on his visit. Especially looking at the other offers he reportedly has on the table.

we were out of this as soon as he blew up