Dubois on football, 1/6/08

Q. What will happen in 2008 regarding the football question?

I can’t know for certain without seeing the report, but I do expect to receive recommendations in February. I’ll evaluate those recommendations, make my independent assessment, and then forward my recommendations to the Trustees. I hope to be able to do that by June, but I don’t have a firm timetable.

For the rest of the Q&A (nothing else, really, on football, but addresses his 2008 agenda) go here:

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/434182.html

Good grief Phil, June??? Are you freakin’ kidding me. Get on with it already!!!

:unhappy:

I can’t know for certain without seeing the report, but I do expect to receive recommendations in February. I’ll evaluate those recommendations, make my independent assessment, and then forward my recommendations to the Trustees. I hope to be able to do that by June, but I don’t have a firm timetable.

For the rest of the Q&A (nothing else, really, on football, but addresses his 2008 agenda) go here:

I thought he was supposed to receive official “recommendations” in early January?

Thanks for telling us absolutely nothing Phil.

its sad that Juniors and Seniors who were asked to vote in the student poll last year will be alumni before they learn what that vote even meant.

Just pushing it back it more it seems huh?:huh:

I’m surprised you guys thought it would go quicker then that. Dubois will hand this report off to the U lawyers and financial analysts and they WILL take six months going over it. Then, in June maybe but probably Fall, he will make a recommendation to the Board. They may take up to another YEAR to vote. Best case senario, we have a football program by late Summer, but don’t bet on it.

What happened to April? For the longest time I thought April was going to be the month when we heard the final verdict. I coulda sworn someone told me that.

I'm surprised you guys thought it would go quicker then that. Dubois will hand this report off to the U lawyers and financial analysts and they WILL take six months going over it. Then, in June maybe but probably Fall, he will make a recommendation to the Board. They may take up to another YEAR to vote. Best case senario, we have a football program by late Summer, but don't bet on it.

We thought it because that is what has been said for the last 6-8 months (Where have you been?)! Since last summer it has been said that Phil would make HIS recomendation to the BOT by ~February. Thats WAY before June, on all of my calendars!

April was when we thought we’d hear what the comitee said. We will know what the comittee says in Febuary!!!

This is a good, solid timetable. You never want to rush into anything or release a decision with partial details and no firm plan behind it.

Basically, you’re going to have to lay out all the plans, how it’s going to be financed, some facilities planning (upgrades needed to various rooms, strength, training, administration, lockerrooms, equipment room). Plus field upgrades, figure out where you might be playing your games and where you’re going to put the field hockey team or whatever other female teams you add.

There is a lot that is going to have to go into this. They’re going to have to put the entire plan together and figure out how to pay for it, then go out and silently hit up some donors to see if the support is going to be there, formulate a plan for student fee increases. You’re going to want to do a lot of study on this. June is a good timeline. March, April, May to do all the work.

This is a good, solid timetable. You never want to rush into anything or release a decision with partial details and no firm plan behind it.

Basically, you’re going to have to lay out all the plans, how it’s going to be financed, some facilities planning (upgrades needed to various rooms, strength, training, administration, lockerrooms, equipment room). Plus field upgrades, figure out where you might be playing your games and where you’re going to put the field hockey team or whatever other female teams you add.

There is a lot that is going to have to go into this. They’re going to have to put the entire plan together and figure out how to pay for it, then go out and silently hit up some donors to see if the support is going to be there, formulate a plan for student fee increases. You’re going to want to do a lot of study on this. June is a good timeline. March, April, May to do all the work.

Pffff… Show off.

He told us as much as, say…a John Fox.

[QUOTE=919R;281413]We thought it because that is what has been said for the last 6-8 months (Where have you been?)! Since last summer it has been said that Phil would make HIS recomendation to the BOT by ~February. Thats WAY before June, on all of my calendars![/QUOTE]

I’ve been here, I just knew better then to believe anything this administration said about deadlines and timelines. I really hope we do have a football team in Fall 2012, but I won’t believe it till it happens. For that matter I won’t believe anything that this school says about a football team till it takes the field.

I would not be surprised to see the BoT wessel a vote that football can only go ahead if we reach X amount of donations by Y date. Before anyone endorses that approach please remember that buisnesses that sponsor things like football programs don’t like to look foolish and donate to something that may prove not to exist. Such a deadline will demonstrate the universities LACK of true commitment to football and will depress interest and sponsorships.

Well, one more note from last week’s CBJ article on the timetable. “Everett plans to deliver his recommendation to Chancellor Dubois this month. The school’s BOTs is expected to make a decision on football BY spring”…Now, I ask you does that match what Dubois is saying? Looks like they need to get on the same page to me!

What happens if the Trustees say yes and DuBois says no?

[QUOTE=Chipper;281565]What happens if the Trustees say yes and DuBois says no?[/QUOTE]

First of all, it goes to Dubois and then the Trustees. But if the comittee says yes and Dubois says no, he is a liar. Since he said earlier that he will make the same motion as the comittee.

What happens if the Trustees say yes and DuBois says no?

I believe this was discussed in another thread. In the rule book, if that happens, DuBois is to be taken to Center City and tarred and feathered in front of everyone. He will then be left there for a period not to exceed two weeks while people throw things at him and mock his now bird-like features. After this incident, he is to be taken to the center of Halton Arena where he will be stretched like in the olden times while he yells out in pain and pleads forgiveness to Ninernation. Then he will agree that Charlotte needs football, and we shall let him live. GO NINERS!!!

What about a name???
Our University still needs a name!!!

[QUOTE=49erCC;281577]What about a name???
Our University still needs a name!!![/QUOTE]

One step at a time brother.